Blizzard please remove Bonus Forging

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
The vast majority of players hate it. It makes the game feel hollow.
yes pls.
It really does ruin the game.
It makes me feel at points that nothing matters that I do, or how I play, because someone will always win the lotto and get something better.

I have no set goal to try to achieve.
No I like it.
I don't mind it so much, I just wish there was a way to have less RNG tied to it.
10/18/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Overbudget
It really does ruin the game.
It makes me feel at points that nothing matters that I do, or how I play, because someone will always win the lotto and get something better.

I have no set goal to try to achieve.

If you expect to have every piece of gear be a titanforge, you are setting unrealistic expectations and ruining the game for yourself.
Incredibly bad mechanic at its core, just another lottery to make you never reach BiS gear

Not to mention a titanforged drop from Normal Uldir is damn near just as good as a drop from Mythic! (Unless I'm mistaken, titanforged N is 380, and M is 385 drops)

Granting players mythic level gear in normal doesn't feel rewarding and isn't encouraging at all, why bother with headache that Mythic Uldir would bring when I could just cakewalk through Normal and get comparable gear
No Not At all....I like It!
I never understood the hatred being titanforging.

It doesn't stop you from going to higher M+s or doing Mythic Raids.

They're just a bonus, stop relying on it.
It's the carrot on a stick.

Give you the feeling that you might be able to get an upgrade if it mcforges.

It only extends playing time and makes irrelevant content slightly relevant for a little while longer before the next gear reset.

It will never go away unfortunately & I loathe it.
+5 is ok, but +20 is crazy. It's the reason you have 360s farming low keys and normals. It's also the reason raiderio exists since gear and content progression are mismatched
10/18/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Vendaval

I don't hate it but I don't like it. I worked for my gear just like the other person.

What about if we could upgrade our gear overtime improving a specific stat we want instead of titanforging?
I posted in the other big thread as well.
The problem with bonus forging is that players are currently evaluated by their item level. If you use premade group finder, or LFR, or pug at all, you're depending on loot RNG to make you a more attractive choice than other players. Even some guilds will bench players based on ilvl if they are slowly progressing and the pressure is on.

RNG cannot decide the capabilities and opportunities of a player. Skill must decide.

The past system was much better: Reforging and Gems.
Reforging and Gems allowed us to customize our gear in such a way that proved to other players our knowledge. You would stack your most valuable stats and anyone inspecting you can see you making consistent smart choices before you've even joined their group. This allowed us to prove we know what will make us the most effective addition to the group, because without reforging to the best stats your DPS/HPS is lower than with it. Blizz designers, don't just remove Titanforging. Give us a system that allows us to SIGNAL to others before we join a group that we are smart and capable as players. 3rd party systems will just keep casuals out of pugging. "Link Achieve" is not enough proof that a player is smart, and keeps out capable candidates (returning players who skipped progression / skipped last tier).

Fake news.
10/18/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Raicolette
10/18/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Vendaval

I don't hate it but I don't like it. I worked for my gear just like the other person.

What about if we could upgrade our gear overtime improving a specific stat we want instead of titanforging?

How does someone getting a 1% drop affect you in the slightest? If anything, because you worked for higher gear means you'll have more sources to acquire gear than that person. (e.g. Heroic Raids, higher M+ keys).

That wouldn't work (the upgrading gear), at least for me it didn't.

After spending a large sum of gold on the crafted items from Argus' content and maxing them out, I found an upgrade from the Normal Raid in nearly 1/10th of the time, not even a forge just regular.
No I love it. It gives me a reason to run lower level content with friends. If stuff didnt WF/TF I wouldnt even consider running anything lower than a 10 right now.

All these complaints seem to be deriving from jealousy, which is very immature.

Also, don't say the mass majority hates it when every one of these threads is filled with people arguing both sides.
10/18/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Lonney
Bump

Lol this guy
10/18/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Lonney

That's as equally supported as me saying,

The vast majority of players love it.

And the vast majority of elitist snobs that claim they hate it, secretly love it. *

* As proof I submit the OP's armory. Nearly half his gear is war/titanforged