The game is too complicated for casual players

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
Don't make a space-goat cry. Don't simplify. Instead (making an MMO is hard) find a way to teach in-game.

For new players, I think its important they get a road map - one that communicates the trials and rewards involved with the different choices. Making an MMO is hard.
What the game needs
Removal of LFR

Remove X-realm and Group finder for everything. It devalues player to player interactions and premotes negative behaviour . Making new friends it not as bad as it sounds.

Remove forging.

Removing those core things will change the game alot for the better.
imo the game is too casual for casual players
The OP cannot be serious.

I needed a good laugh to start my day.
Sorry, I cannot get behind any idea that would simplify this game more than they have already done.
I had to laugh at the lock who said this game is easier than it has ever been.

I guess he forgot the 1 button shadow bolt spam or maybe he hasnt played long enough to know.
10/20/2018 04:17 AMPosted by Brainscan
What the game needs
Removal of LFR

Remove X-realm and Group finder for everything. It devalues player to player interactions and premotes negative behaviour . Making new friends it not as bad as it sounds.

Remove forging.

Removing those core things will change the game alot for the better.

No. If you don't like group finder, don't use it.
"Blizzard the game is too difficult for people who are not good at the game."

That excuse could apply with ANYTHING.

People just want everything handed to them nowadays without any effort. What a joke.
10/19/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Syxkle
Mythic raiders may claim it's not, but those are the people who live and die for the game. Most likely people without jobs who have time to learn the minute details of every class and spec.

Here is the problem for the casual player:
1. When you get a piece of gear and its higher level than the one you have you equip it only to be told by someone who sims stats so much he has your class memorized as well as his own that the new 385 item doesnt do as much dps as the 330 one. Ilevel should rule the day. make it simple, increase the agility or primary stat so much that higher level items ARE ALWAYS better than low level ones.

2. make passive talents do as much damage as active ones. not everyone wants to use weak auras to micromanage the duration of debuffs etc. The game has failed when the rotations are so complex addons or weakauras are needed to play the class optimally.

3. All the different azerite traits and combinations are mind boggling. Even bliz has no clue how they work as demonstrated by their constant tweaking of them.
No one, repeat no one likes Azurite gathering or armor. they are boring.

In legion we had an awesome weapon, now we have crap armor that you cant fill up slots on and need an encyclopedia of simming to figure out what combinations are best.

The game has too many different specs and talents. So many of the talents are so bad no one takes them. make the bad talents baseline or get rid of them. Eliminate specs no one plays and focus on making the remaining specs better.

In short simplify the game. The raid mechanics are absolutely ridiculous and not fun. yeah, keep them on mythic, but get rid of them on everything else. Not everyone wants to jump through hoops to not wipe the raid. alot of us want to sit back and nuke the boss without running out vectors etc.

only mythic or maybe heroic should have to have balls run-or they should be simple to do. no targeting ball runners no slow effects.

raid bosses should be much easier to kill with more people, not the opposite. the goal should be to let all people in guild raid, not just those who sim, parse through logs, and study videos to learn mechanics.

Adjust or die Blizzard. yes, you can have your cake and eat it too by keeping the insane crap for mythic, but making everything below that much much easier for causal players.
This post is laced with venom. I honestly hope it's a troll. If you have an issue with raid mechanics go do LFR and enjoy your loot piñata.

I don't understand why you want to raid in the first place if you just to "nuke the boss". They wouldn't have to make raid content if that was the case, just re-skinned bosses with a variance in health pools.

There's no way this post was made seriously. This is a joke on so many levels.