Did Azerite traits ruin pvp?

Arenas
Well did they?
10/22/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Dozêr
Well did they?

Think of everything bad so far about PvP. From ruined tournaments that are completely disassociated from the real game, to gimmicky traits being stacked propping up otherwise badly designed PvP specs, to the terrible feeling of not being able to use an upgrade due to it having the wrong traits.

I hope the answer is clear after considering the above.
I still don't like them because I have no way to know what my opponents have until we're mid combat. Which is fine, it adds variation but most of the traits are incredibly gimmicky and just get stacked a bunch.

I can queue a game against a comp and have them do like zero damage and then the next game fight the same comp but different people and they will be near globaling people.

Plus there's the whole argument of some specs only being viable with triple stacking certain traits and the azerite gear is completely tied to random drops. I think I'd really like if stacking them diminished their effectiveness but I don't know if this would actually affect the game in a positive or negative way.

Obligatory we need #Vendors.
As far as I'm concerned, any system that promotes farming the same items over and having duplicates is a bad system. For PvP or PvE.
I would say having no one working on PvP before launch was an issue and why we are still in Beta.
-- Extremely unbalanced when specific classes/specs can be hardcountered by traits (sub/frost vs azerite foritifcation). Also no room for creativity with poor balance when majority of traits are either useless, clunky or mandatory.

-- No clear way to know without research which are nerfed since lot of tooltips are wrong

-- No penalty for stacking which makes people jack of all trades master of none if they aren't a gimmicky one trick pony.

-- Increases barrier to entry if your class just sucks without proper traits which deters new players from knowing if they even enjoy PvP if they just get steamrolled for having wrong traits. or can't transition between PvP/PvE due to reforging costs.

It's still beta for azerite waiting room till 8.1 acquisition of azerite to make things only slightly less insanely inconvenient.

Having some form of bad luck prevention, adding some newer traits with effects instead of passives and trying to balance them is better than nothing, but it's a long time to wait and doesn't fix all the problems.

Trait stacking needs to have diminishing returns, on top of being able to have trait choices be spec specific with reforging being for changing trait for that spec. As well as having Non-Box PvP queue's/M+ runs rewarding azerite.
Blizzard never designed for it and the community ruined PvP when Blizzard wanted to start addressing it for WoD.

During MoP Blizzard announced a competitively designed PvP Rating and gearing system locked behind specific timed segments during the week. Community as a whole rejected the idea.

WoW PvP'rs want an imbalanced game.
yea
Did bush do 9/11?

Jokes aside: I believe the Azerite system played a HUGE role in ruining pvp. I’m not saying it is the only cause.

I think specialty items (legion artifacts, and Azerite in this case) don’t make pvp any better. I miss the days where items like these didn’t exist and all blizzard had to do was focus on class design and improvements rather than what they do now which is centering specs around certain traits.
How do you ruin that which is already bad
its the ONLY way that I can even get a kill in an arena so if they took them away Id be even more dead in PVP then I already am......
FIX LOCKS cause ID is trash.
I think if they made them not stack they would be okay. They could probably revert most of the nerfs too and not have to worry about PvE/PvP balancing if they didn't stack in PvP.
10/23/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Menemies
Did bush do 9/11?

Jokes aside: I believe the Azerite system played a HUGE role in ruining pvp. I’m not saying it is the only cause.

I think specialty items (legion artifacts, and Azerite in this case) don’t make pvp any better. I miss the days where items like these didn’t exist and all blizzard had to do was focus on class design and improvements rather than what they do now which is centering specs around certain traits.

9/11 and joke in the same sentence....society as become so desensitized it's amazing.
10/23/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Sefirosuwar
its the ONLY way that I can even get a kill in an arena so if they took them away Id be even more dead in PVP then I already am......
FIX LOCKS cause ID is trash.
I just started bfa, im in a bg and this lock who was on a wall out of reach casted this beam at me, it tick for 40k each, I ran around the corner but It didnt cancel. I have 100k hp and am dead in 3 ticks wtf
The only way this can be fixed is if we can choose what traits we want to use and always have the best traits. Since that isnt happening I wish they were just disabled in ranked play.
Traits could be fun in pvp if the following happened

1. Traits become unique in pvp and you can no longer stack them

2. Vendors return and/or there is a consistent way to get the traits you want

Then it would add interesting choices to the game. Right now its triple stack your classes op trait or play arena on hardmode.
100% traits are ruining pvp. Half the best traits should not be stackable, you get some of the best traits from pve content which is lame, the most center ring is one of the most important as 3x of that healing you is insane healing over a match, adding way too much to a non-healers survival. Mixing that with how broken some procs are on certain classes is obnoxious. Ever played vs a disc priest that got a 2x battlefield focus? That's dumb as !@#$ how much damage it adds to their passive damage ramp just from their natural dot spreading.

Man i hate azerite traits.
Bring back the templates concept and end the gear imbalance all together. Disable all PVE trinkets and azerite traits on rated matches.
A lot of things ruined pvp. Azerite traits are just the cherry on top
50% yes
50% also YES but in caps.