WW and explosives

Monk
Did a +9 AD last night and the explosives were a real pain. Every time I would start to channel FoF explosives would pop up requiring me to stop channeling.... Wish they made it so FoF and WDP would hit them as long as they were your primary target....
Mechanics making the game harder? What no way!
My strat is to save rsk for orbs.
I'm not saying I want it to be easy... I don't even care if their damage is halved or quartered, just not making them immune to 2/3 of my heavy hitters.
10/24/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Daswings
My strat is to save rsk for orbs.

They spawn much faster than the cd of RSK can keep up.
As a MW in M+ I've had no problem clearing them out.

You should have no problem spamming and killing them with BoK/RSK or Chi Wave/damage etc...
10/24/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Zåx

You should have no problem spamming and killing them with BoK/RSK or Chi Wave/damage etc...

title clearly says WW
10/24/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Chit
10/24/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Zåx

title clearly says WW

I know what it says.

My point was as a healer with 3 of the same abilities I'm able to heal and kill orbs, so as a primary DPS I don't see any issue.
We use energy instead of free use of damaging abilities, so we can't "spam" abilities without hindering our dps to the rest of the trash.
There are 4 other people in your group. Usually you can keep channelling your fof while someone else deals with the orbs. Sometimes you'll have to cancel it to deal with it yourself. Such is life.
10/24/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Chit
We use energy instead of free use of damaging abilities, so we can't "spam" abilities without hindering our dps to the rest of the trash.

Good thing mechanics > DPS.

Get good or get out.
I didn't say there aren't other ways to handle it. We handled it fine and completed the run. The complaint is less that they are too hard, and more that not being able to use your normal damagers on priority pop up targets is not fun gameplay.
I view the orbs more annoying than hard. More so due to the randomness of the amount of orbs that can pop up. Have a pack of 4 enemies and have the orbs pop out like crazy, and then have a bigger pack yet not have nearly as many orbs.
10/25/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Pouljikhan
I didn't say there aren't other ways to handle it. We handled it fine and completed the run. The complaint is less that they are too hard, and more that not being able to use your normal damagers on priority pop up targets is not fun gameplay.

M+ is meant to be challenging. It sounds like it's doing it's job.

Nobody has ever said "Oh wow I love me some bolstering!" or "You know what I really enjoy as a healer? Grievous. I lose sleep I get so excited over it."
10/25/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Zåx
10/25/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Pouljikhan

M+ is meant to be challenging. It sounds like it's doing it's job.

Nobody has ever said "Oh wow I love me some bolstering!" or "You know what I really enjoy as a healer? Grievous. I lose sleep I get so excited over it."

That is exactly the point. They aren't so much challenging as they are annoying. I want challenging. I want to have to drop what I'm doing in a high key and target them. I don't want to have to sit their and poke them with tiger palm because my 1 ability that can really damage them is on cooldown.
10/25/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Pouljikhan
That is exactly the point. They aren't so much challenging as they are annoying. I want challenging. I want to have to drop what I'm doing in a high key and target them. I don't want to have to sit their and poke them with tiger palm because my 1 ability that can really damage them is on cooldown.

You answered your own needs in the same post.

Problem solved.
The answer is simple. Make FoF's primary target take regular damage not AoE damage. It already takes full damage while others are taking half so separating their damage type shouldn't be an issue.
10/25/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Zåx
10/24/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Chit

Good thing mechanics > DPS.

Get good or get out.

I think you are bringing up a moot point. You just compared MW spam damage to WW's inability to use 2 of their major spells to damage RNG orbs. While I am not saying this is a challenge, I certainly will agree with OP that it is somewhat frustrating for WW during Explosive weeks.