Who is tired of Horde vs Alliance ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
In theory it's cool, in practice Blizz has shown sheer ineptitude in making a good story for both sides.
The story feels so weak in this expansion that I can't help but feel it's prep for a major shakeup of the factions which will likely involve the evolution of a third that isn't race based.
10/26/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Cidfrostfire
All it'll take is for Sylvanas to say "Azeroth is free!"

Cringeworthy then. Cringeworthy now.

10/26/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Ollin
You know...orcs vs humans?

1993 called. They want their trope back.

10/26/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Vivian
The story feels so weak in this expansion that I can't help but feel it's prep for a major shakeup of the factions which will likely involve the evolution of a third that isn't race based.

This I can get behind. Allow me to go you one better.

What if there was a way for the PC to gain faction with the other side?

#IWould'veLiketoHaveSeenThunderBluff

#SamNeillHuntforRedOctober
I prefer small factions fighting among themselves since it tends to be more interesting with minor characters and race lore having a bigger development role.
10/26/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Qri
10/26/2018 05:19 AMPosted by Rigg
I am simply tired of the Horde vs Alliance theme.

That's reasonable. It is a good reason for you to quit the game. MOST veteran players get tired of something and quit the game. It is 100% normal. Blizzard expects it.

It would be stupid for Blizzard to change the game because YOU are tired of something, or because long-time veterans get tired of this (or ANY game).

It is basically a good game. Every year a million or more new people discover this game, and enjoy it. They are not "tired of" anything.

What logic is this?

Lol yeah let's not try to hold on to loyal customers...

-eye roll-
I am simply tired of the Horde vs Alliance theme. Anyone else tired of this theme?

I would rather PVP be more like Guild Wars 2 - world vs world.

Think of the possibilities if there were no faction war.

NOPE. I LOVE the faction war. Guildwars was bland and boring. I didn't care about my world.. I hate the alliance, and will never tire of killing them. If the faction war ends, so does my subscription.
We should just marry each other to combine our kingdoms.

We can create peace this way!,We should just marry each other to combine our kingdoms.

We can create peace this way!

Will you marry me, Alliance?

/closes eyes and puckers up
I love the faction war honestly.
There are other options

//always recruiting
i'm tired of the theme cause i want to be able to play alongside my friends who happen to play on the alliance. it's a shame blizzard did'nt add a nuetral faction we can opt in-and-out of (maybe by wearing a tabard) that let's us play alongside/chat with the other side, but still fight against them in bgs and arenas.
DA, aren't you the guy who leveled from 1-100 by picking flowers and stuff in the starting area?
10/26/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Torrgok
it's a shame blizzard did'nt add a nuetral faction we can opt in-and-out of (maybe by wearing a tabard) that let's us play alongside/chat with the other side, but still fight against them in bgs and arenas.

I'll reiterate and repeat myself.

Give players the option to GRIND if they so CHOOSE, faction with the other side.
Not so much tired with Horde vs Alliance as I am with factions being branded as such. The race you choose should no longer dictate your faction. That should be another choice made by the player and perhaps never final. Allowing a player to leave a faction to join another or the other should always be there.

So I am sick of Horde and Alliance as it is I guess.
10/26/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Pharsalus
10/26/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Torrgok
it's a shame blizzard did'nt add a nuetral faction we can opt in-and-out of (maybe by wearing a tabard) that let's us play alongside/chat with the other side, but still fight against them in bgs and arenas.

I'll reiterate and repeat myself.

Give players the option to GRIND if they so CHOOSE, faction with the other side.

yeah, but why would we fight them in bg's and stuff if we had rep with them? i mean, why would you be killing thunder-bluff tauren in pvp when your fully exalted with them? would'nt that hurt your standing with that faction and lower your rep?

if we had a nuetral faction we opt-in and out of, we could play alongside the opposite faction without betraying our own. we'd be considered mercenaries or 'peace keepers' to the otherside, but still loyal to our home-faction.
I only hate it when they have awful reasons to fight each other. Or when one side randomly attacks the other after banding together to defeat the burning legion. The faction war in BFA doesn't feel justified; it feels contrived and pointless.
10/26/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Pharsalus
DA, aren't you the guy who leveled from 1-100 by picking flowers and stuff in the starting area?

Yeah, 120 tomorrow :)
side note: big fan of you doubleagent. i really respect your integrity to level only through proffessions, and without leaving the starting zone.
I don't mind the faction war when it makes sense. The BfA storyline makes no sense. I mean we go from destroying the Legion together (heck, Varian and Sylvanas exchange nods during the Leg cinematic) to totally trying to destroy each other.

Time to scrap this story and move on.
I am simply tired of the Horde vs Alliance theme. Anyone else tired of this theme?

I would rather PVP be more like Guild Wars 2 - world vs world.

Think of the possibilities if there were no faction war.

Every single expansion has had horde and alliance either ignore each other or work together.

Legion had us defeat the most powerful being in existence. So really no where to go so we get a shoe horned faction war. That is my biggest gripe with wow in general.

IMO it is well past time to let us all group and raid together and they sunk that possibility with bfa =(
1993 called. They want their trope back.

Doesn't matter. It's kind of the foundation of the entire franchise.

I know, lets take Robocop, but instead of making him a detroit cyborg, we'll just make it a traditional buddy-cop comedy set in San Francisco starring Jackie Chan and Will Ferrell. I mean, it's not 1987 anymore!