Halloween Plans?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
10/30/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Solarwynds
Halloween is my favorite holiday but I am not in an area that kids knock on doors so I miss out. I would love to hear about your Halloween plans.

Usually have 400-600 trick or treaters. Will be doing that. The wife likes looking at all the costumes.
Indulging myself in a series of Halloween themed movies, most notably Hocus Pocus, Casper, Beetlejuice, Gremlins, and that new Sabrina series on Netflix.

Afterwards I'll be meeting my naughty nephews after they have charmed the chocolate bars out of the general populace, a nice hot chocolate at the local coffee shop. It does get quite cold at night this time of year.

/tentacletrick
Studying,Studying
Taking a group of teenagers around trick or treating with mine.
10/30/2018 05:21 PMPosted by Sorelai
10/30/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Solarwynds
Halloween is my favorite holiday but I am not in an area that kids knock on doors so I miss out. I would love to hear about your Halloween plans.

Usually have 400-600 trick or treaters. Will be doing that. The wife likes looking at all the costumes.
Holy moly! That's a lot of trick or treaters!
10/30/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Lucifuge
Indulging myself in a series of Halloween themed movies, most notably Hocus Pocus, Casper, Beetlejuice, Gremlins, and that new Sabrina series on Netflix.

Afterwards I'll be meeting my naughty nephews after they have charmed the chocolate bars out of the general populace, a nice hot chocolate at the local coffee shop. It does get quite cold at night this time of year.

/tentacletrick
I didn't even know there was a new Sabrina series on netflix! That sounds like a good plan. And hot chocolate sounds wonderful as well.
Looks at Rocket Racoon costume, inflateable Rocket Racoon gun and baby groot shoulder accessory ...

Ready I am.

all bought from http://thecostumeshoppe.com Great people, great cosplay and costume items.
10/30/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Gaahr
10/30/2018 05:14 PMPosted by Blasco
Here in Florida we have an event called Halloween Horror Nights. They basically transform a themepark at night to contain 10 haunted houses to go through. I go every year.

Ah yeah, I've been to that before! I remember this guy with a chainsaw going around my group to harass a couple of girls behind us. I swear I've never seen anyone run as fast as they did. They were legitimately terrified that they were gonna get hacked up. It was awesome.

Screaming girls being chased out of the fog by chainsaw drill teams are pretty much iconic to the event. I'm going in 2 days, I can't wait!
Im gonna carve a jack o lantern and watch some (more) horror films. Ill probably bake something as well.

Sometimes I hate the fact I live in the country. Sure its mostly great but not havingg trick or treaters sucks :(
10/30/2018 05:14 PMPosted by Blasco
Here in Florida we have an event called

HHN has gotten to the point it's TOO popular. You spend $150 to just stand around for 5 hours. meh...

The real Halloween party is in Key West -- Fantasy Fest!! If you are ready to really walk on the wild side and nudity doesn't offend you, this is a week-long party you will NEVER forget. It's an AMAZING time!! I've been 6 times now and each time is better than the last. :^)
10/30/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Nathreim
Im gonna carve a jack o lantern and watch some (more) horror films. Ill probably bake something as well.

Sometimes I hate the fact I live in the country. Sure its mostly great but not havingg trick or treaters sucks :(

I feel that. Used to live in a place where there were hardly any kids. Now I live smack in the middle of a bunch of condos, there’s no shortage of em! Also, highly recommend making some garlic butter pumpkin seeds to anyone who still has to carve a pumpkin. :]
Already went to Knott's Scary Farm. For the actual day just gonna dress up for work. Doubt any kids will come to the door, so I'll prolly be raiding with the guild at that time. In costume of course. Then pumpkin pie sales and Reese's clearance on the weekend.
10/30/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Nathreim

It really does suck doesn't it. Sounds like you have a good plan anyway.
Work the night shift like I do most other week nights.
Work. Probably for the best, I'm super awkward around children and that one year I answered the door for trick or treaters while wearing a revealing onesie didn't help.
Taking a half day at work (I work 2nd shift) to take my 4 year old trick or treating. She's being a "nice witch".
I'm working at my job. We can dress up but I don't really know what to go as, I might wear my fox kigarumi from kigarumicanada. Its cozy and warm
Wed / Thurs are my days off so ready for Halloween this year :P
Sorry for everyone who has to work. :(
I will be taking my two girls out trick or treating. The 5 year old is going as a dragon and the three year old as a unicorn. Just have to figure out how to keep them warm enough.

I have been told that I am going as a kitty cat witch.