Gnome or Void Elf Affliction Lock?

Warlock
which would be better on the dmg meters?
Gnome lock or Void Elf lock?
You're talking about like 60 dps difference over the course of a fight. Check bloodmallet, they have some sims for race data.
Go Gnome or go home.
10/30/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Blackdark
You're talking about like 60 dps difference over the course of a fight. Check bloodmallet, they have some sims for race data.

pmuch this. unless you're debating going troll, race doesnt matter
Don't shame yourself by being a lowly gnome. They're lower than goblins
10/30/2018 09:56 PMPosted by Peppersteps
Go Gnome or go home.

^
Void elf is best for any caster because you get a free trinket for damage boost
Velf gets no spell pushback, but gnome gets 1% haste.

It's all personal opinion though, really.
10/31/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Chåoslord
Void elf is best for any caster because you get a free trinket for damage boost

Well to be 100% honest with you, Gnome's passive(1% Haste) actually outsims VE's.
When it comes to damage from the racials you're talking about min/max to the strongest degree. Something most people can't really get to because the game changes enough where talents, gear, nerds, buffs, ECT ECT prioritise way before that, and change too often. My opinion go for what else it brings; my human has a stun remove and rep bonus. Void elves have no kickback and a blink. With an arcane void elf Mage you can blink 5 times every three minutes that's big in my book.
Void Elf if you ever want to look good in armor
Your dps will be trash unless you look good while doing it. Void elf.
11/01/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Booj
Your dps will be trash unless you look good while doing it. Void elf.

PFFFTTT!!!!
so you want to be a lowly gnome or an emo elf, not really good choices. Go human if you ask me.
11/01/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Ojoverde
so you want to be a lowly gnome or an emo elf, not really good choices. Go human if you ask me.

>being a human in a fantasy mmo with dozens of racial choices

couldn't be me dawg
Gnomes would be much better if they would give us a "punt gnome" ability. Without that, I see no purpose in having them as a race . . .
Forget them both and come to the darkside. Orc Warlocks look the best in cloth armor. Belf Warlocks would be my second choice.
velf lock because how are you going to do top dps if you don’t look good
10/30/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Horrorpop
which would be better on the dmg meters?

Troll (race, not you). Burst DPS windows >>> whatever simcraft says since it models off a pure Patchwerk fight with zero mechanics for you to do, which has not existed since Patchwerk 2.0 in early WotLK.