Warlocks belong to the Forsaken

Story Forum
The Forsaken have been lacking in an identity that isn’t Sylvanas or the blight. Sure, they do have rogues and shadow, but why not expand it to other dark arts?

I’ve noticed the lack of major warlock characters in the horde. Alliance as well, but I don’t think it matters as much. Blood elves and Orcs have been turning away from Fel, while the trolls and goblins haven’t used it as much. Why not give the dark class to the darkest race?
I am not sure what you're asking for here.

For Forsaken to be warlock themed? Or Warlocks to be forsaken themed?

That really isn't true for any other class/race, save Panda-monks. And there are plenty of non-forsaken Warlocks who probably wouldn't be too thrilled about such a change.

But maybe that's not what you're asking?
We already have a prominent Warlock in Jubeka Shadowbreaker. Ironically she's the most reasonable member of the Black Harvest.

Ditto Shadow Priests, the Cult seems like the only group not liable to get it's brain eaten by the old gods for using void magic.

The 'dark but reasonable and strong willed' Forsaken spellcaster has been a staple since vanilla, it's just other theme's have also gained prominence.
Unless you are an Orc or a Forsaken, playing a Warlock is cultural appropriation!
10/31/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Arlifrex
I’ve noticed the lack of major warlock characters in the horde

Hey!

I'm doing my best damnit.
10/31/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Hahahahahaha
Unless you are an Orc or a Forsaken, playing a Warlock is cultural appropriation!

Their just appropriating Eredar Culture same with Paladins and maybe Shamans the debate is still out on that.
I'd rather they bring back the Cult of Forgotten Shadow to the Forsaken, honestly.

10/31/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Ximothy
10/31/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Arlifrex
I’ve noticed the lack of major warlock characters in the horde

Hey!

Careful, Ximothy. You know what happens to Warlocks who get too "major". They have a habit of being killed and dropping sick loot.

And now that I mention it, that is a pretty sweet hat you have there...
IDK about warlock themed, but Cult of the Forgotten shadow could have warlocks, and the Cult showing up could be nice, since it vanished from the story after rescuing Natalie Seline. It would be cool if they showed us what is going on with her.
10/31/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Hackbrew
I'd rather they bring back the Cult of Forgotten Shadow to the Forsaken, honestly.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Hey!

Careful, Ximothy. You know what happens to Warlocks who get too "major". They have a habit of being killed and dropping sick loot.

Trifling Ximothy, your aspirations will be your undoing!

10/31/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Kordana

I'm starting to feel like this forum doesn't have confidence in my warlock ability.

*eyes Hackbrew with concern*
10/31/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Ximothy

*stares at your hat*
10/31/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Darethy
We already have a prominent Warlock in Jubeka Shadowbreaker. Ironically she's the most reasonable member of the Black Harvest.

Ditto Shadow Priests, the Cult seems like the only group not liable to get it's brain eaten by the old gods for using void magic.

The 'dark but reasonable and strong willed' Forsaken spellcaster has been a staple since vanilla, it's just other theme's have also gained prominence.

I don’t consider Jubeka a horde character the same way I don’t see Karenthad as Alliance.

Cult also has no representation since vanilla. Its founder is a neutral human.

10/31/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Zamari
I am not sure what you're asking for here.

For Forsaken to be warlock themed? Or Warlocks to be forsaken themed?

That really isn't true for any other class/race, save Panda-monks. And there are plenty of non-forsaken Warlocks who probably wouldn't be too thrilled about such a change.

But maybe that's not what you're asking?

The way horde magi lean towards elves, and anything shaman or warrior related leans towards the Kalimdor Horde, there’s no representation of horde warlocks.
Wasn't Shadow Priest Allister kinda a big deal? He had the class quest item in Vanilla associated with him at least.

(Come to think of it, why was the banshee priest trainer the priest follower in Legion and not Allister?)

I'm starting to feel like this forum doesn't have confidence in my warlock ability.

I would say, based on the look of concern you are giving your fellow undead there, you don't have confidence in your warlock ability either.
Tehd is ... affable enough.

If he becomes the de facto Horde Warlock - I am OK with that.

I would prefer Blood Mage being a Blood Elf flavored Warlock glyph (we do have Banish, leeching, and fire spells too!).

I will gladly bow to Netherlord Tehd. But he seems preoccupied. He and his Night Elf friend are busy.
Jubeka should be helping the forsaken. I actually like the twisted relationship between Kanthred and Jubeka as it embodies the dark humor of the warlocks and is better writing. Plus, warlocks are really good about coming back to life. Can't wait until Guldan 3.0 after we depose Sylvanas but have her escape with a renegade bronze dragon and create a time rift that returns Guldan to our universe.

kill him! kill him for his hat!
Actually I think the dark irons fit warlocks and spriest better. Doubly so with them having experimented in the classes openly for so long as opposed to the forsaken who've only been around and practicing the arts for what? 10 or so years?
But it's so damn profitable.

Excuse me?! Have ya never heard of Thane Shadowforge?!! The Dark Iron who helped construct Shadowforge City? One of the leaders of the Dark Irons before the orcs even showed their ugly green faces on Azeroth?

10/31/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Hovenden

Their just appropriating Eredar Culture same with Paladins and maybe Shamans the debate is still out on that.

This I can’t debate though Eredar have been warlocks the longest besides for actual demons.