8.1 next month. Still no Enhance changes?

Shaman
How do they plan on implementing and testing enhancement changes when 8.1 launches in 6 weeks?

Weren't we told to wait for 8.1 for some good changes?
They have no solution for us. even the resto/ ele changes are just changing numbers when shaman has needed a complete redesign for years. We wont get anything in 8.1 but maybe next xpack.
Yea every PTR build I foolishly get excited to see some enhancement changes, just to be disapointed yet again with pvp changes. I don't understand why Blizzard absolutely refuses to answer anyone with our concerns. Even if we can get a "hey, enhancement is getting pve changes in 8.1" would be better than just hoping. Do they ignore us because they know the spec is doing bad, but since no changes are coming they have nothing positive to say? Enhancement is one of the most fun specs to play as far as the idea goes. Elements clashing against your foes, sound effects are amazing, the idea is there, I just don't understand how a company that makes so much money every month can "not have enough time" for a class before an expansion comes out.
Keep in mind Blizz has more information than we do. Enh scales very well with secondary stats, namely Haste. Maybe with the 8.1 tier gear Enh will be top tier without any changes and we just don't know that.
11/07/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Orangesilk
Keep in mind Blizz has more information than we do. Enh scales very well with secondary stats, namely Haste. Maybe with the 8.1 tier gear Enh will be top tier without any changes and we just don't know that.

No, there is no scaling of any sort that will fix the issue. The fact that we are so insanely dependent on a large chain of stormstrike procs is ridiculous. 2 reasons it sucks.
1. Spamming 1 button isn't fun.
2. lucky enough to get a crazy amount of procs will get you to the top end of the meters, mediocre to bad amount of procs and you are at the bottom. no other class has that amount of inconsistency.
I would honestly be okay with a buff to rockbiter and lava lash, leaving everything else as is. Buff lava lash enough to where we dont wanna be at max maelstrom even with stormstrike proc. As of live, we keep spamming stormstrike even if at 100 maelstrom b/c stormstrike is so much stronger.
11/07/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Gorektar
I would honestly be okay with a buff to rockbiter and lava lash, leaving everything else as is. Buff lava lash enough to where we dont wanna be at max maelstrom even with stormstrike proc. As of live, we keep spamming stormstrike even if at 100 maelstrom b/c stormstrike is so much stronger.

Sadly, I think they will avoid this at all cost since SS is our go to thing. Kinda funny how were kinda back to the same issues we had back in WoD... Except now we have maelstrom...

I still wish we would go back to something closer to what we were from BC to WoD.

I was never much of a fan of earth element stuff so I could do away with rockbiter... or a glyph to change it to icebiter haha.
11/07/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Gorektar
Yea every PTR build I foolishly get excited to see some enhancement changes, just to be disapointed yet again with pvp changes. I don't understand why Blizzard absolutely refuses to answer anyone with our concerns. Even if we can get a "hey, enhancement is getting pve changes in 8.1" would be better than just hoping. Do they ignore us because they know the spec is doing bad, but since no changes are coming they have nothing positive to say? Enhancement is one of the most fun specs to play as far as the idea goes. Elements clashing against your foes, sound effects are amazing, the idea is there, I just don't understand how a company that makes so much money every month can "not have enough time" for a class before an expansion comes out.

They gave us DW early/mid BC, then they walked away. We've gotten nothing but rehashed, half assed concepts since then. At one point, we had combo points, set at a random generation, now we have a form of rage (basically the exact same thing, with a different name). The devs arent very creative when it comes to combat. We have combo points, rage, energy, mana, and some procs. Randomly combine those for each class. DKs used to have a decent system of different runes, and diseases to increase damage, but even that wasn't very different.

Why don't warriors, or monks have a combo system? One ability is stronger when used after a different ability, repeat, leading to a final ability is only useable after a specific attack is used, give them two or three routes to choose from depending on the situation.

The best part of new expansions, imo, was learning the new playstyle of the classes, using new abilities, new talents, and, eventually, new sets. the devs have gotten lazy. They removed everything fun, and added only a watered down version of the last expansion. Leveling up the HoA is not rewarding. Azerite traits are not fun. No new talents since 100. No new abilities. The removal of fun gear. The game is stale right now, and it's sad to see.
11/02/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Drhorrìble
They have no solution for us. even the resto/ ele changes are just changing numbers when shaman has needed a complete redesign for years. We wont get anything in 8.1 but maybe next xpack.

yes they do its the i dont care about shamans solution thats why i rerolled.
11/07/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Klowdywilde
The best part of new expansions, imo, was learning the new playstyle of the classes, using new abilities, new talents, and, eventually, new sets. the devs have gotten lazy. They removed everything fun, and added only a watered down version of the last expansion. Leveling up the HoA is not rewarding. Azerite traits are not fun. No new talents since 100. No new abilities. The removal of fun gear. The game is stale right now, and it's sad to see.

This is why I am thinking of quitting once and for all. Only reason I haven't is because of my friends who play.
11/07/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Haspian
11/07/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Klowdywilde

This is why I am thinking of quitting once and for all. Only reason I haven't is because of my friends who play.

Be on the lookout for new Blizzard projects coming up. Everything they have done with WoW this expansion has been moving toward maintenance mode. Everything is being dumbed down on their side, and I have a feeling things arent going to be getting more complicated in the future. I mean, they have nothing left to take from the original team. The best thing to come from these guys has been the announcements for a remake of two of their most popular titles. The only thing they could have done differently would be wrath servers, since that was the height of their sub numbers.

The funny thing is Diablo is moving that way, too. Slowly release D3 to all consoles after the PC release, move to phones (which I'll probably play if it's free(lol)), which no one wanted, or ever thought of, since mobile games are just cash grabs with adds shoved down your throat. Give it a few months after immortal releases, then comes the announcement of D1/D2 remake in the works.
I played a shaman from Vanilla-Wrath then took a break for a long time. Came back in Legion and picked up my Shaman again. Had a blast until they changed some things (mostly tuning Fury of Air to be the best damage talent) midway through Legion and made a swap to rogue.

When I think of Shamans I think of hitting people with shocks, storm strikes and lightning bolts. It feels to me that these things should be the base of enhancements damage. Since all Shaman are masters of the elements some overlap with spells may not be a bad thing. They could function a bit different with each spec.

Certain things like removing lava lash and the overcharge talent and making a shock or lightning bolt be the maelstrom dump. Maybe put SS on a charge system and it procs instant LBs or CLs? Actually making the stormbringer proc feel like you are bringing a storm. And make Earth/Flame/Frost shock the maelstrom dump?

LB you could even replace with Elemental Blast. EB seems more of an enhance ability since it provides secondary stats thus enhancing your abilities.

Shaman still feel very soft and lack decent defensive utility. Bring back Shamanistic Rage?

How is Lightning Shield not a baseline spell or a passive?

Windfury seems far less exciting than it did in vanilla/TBC. Can't even really tell when it procs. Perhaps they could tie this to Lightning Shield. Build up 5 charges of Lightning Shield then unleash a WF.

Shamans used to be the masters of utility and group buffage. Increasing the groups damage at the expense of their own. Things like WF Totem/Unleashed Rage/Totems that increased stats. This may not be something most people want but feeling wanted because of the buffs you brought felt good.

I liked playing restoration in Legion. I know very little about Elemental since I prefer to play melee.

Hoping to see some positive changes for all the shaman specs.

Shaman are a rare breed nowadays.

Make Shaman great again.