Sharding and Worldbosses

Classic Discussion
lads I can't wait to be sitting at kazzak during the spawn window with several 40 man raids awaiting the spawn, fighting the opposite faction with my world boss alliance in all good fun with several hundred players, only for half of the raids to get sharded onto servers with empty zones and then miss the spawn entirely
Considering they're not planning to use sharding for that, you're going to be disappointed.
They won't be put on different servers but no one would be able to see anyone else until they got within 10 feet of Kazzak and the lag would be concentrated onto the raiders and not across the entire server evenly where it would be handled well.
This is the stuff i worry about sharding ruining.
11/03/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Mecher
lads I can't wait to be sitting at kazzak during the spawn window with several 40 man raids awaiting the spawn, fighting the opposite faction with my world boss alliance in all good fun with several hundred players, only for half of the raids to get sharded onto servers with empty zones and then miss the spawn entirely

Blizzard just said this isn’t how it’s going to be, so nice troll.
11/03/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Aeroliets
11/03/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Mecher

Blizzard just said this isn’t how it’s going to be, so nice troll.

Where did they say this? I can't find it.
ToW sure finished LB strong with all that PTR work
11/03/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Mecher
11/03/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Turdhammock
Dont worry, Mecher is a mouthbreathing retard.

i hope your retail branch is doing better than it has been doing on lb and nd
guild of spreadsheet mongoloids xd

This character has a KT weapon equipped, proving I killed KT at least one more time then ToW ever did despite months of PTR ROFL
Bliz said they won't use the tech on things like this.

Worry about it if it happens.

Damn, you guys worry about pointless things. How do you get through life?
11/03/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Turdhammock
Dont worry, Mecher is a mouthbreathing retard.

i hope your retail branch is doing better than it has been doing on lb and nd
guild of spreadsheet mongoloids xd

neither of you belong in Wow classic. You won't last long without getting banned on the official servers.
11/03/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Turdhammock

im sure we woulda done better if we also had over a year of bwl and aq40 farm in addition to PTR
and bops
and light of elune
and gear checking KT for a few weeks
LIGHT OF ELUNE!!!!!!!
11/03/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Lokubi
Considering they're not planning to use sharding for that, you're going to be disappointed.

They've made it clear when ever there is congestion or high pop that they must police the fun away and community interaction with sharding.

tl;dr "You think you want a cohevisive community, but you don't."
11/03/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Mecher
11/03/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Turdhammock

im sure we woulda done better if we also had over a year of bwl and aq40 farm in addition to PTR
and bops
and light of elune
and gear checking KT for a few weeks

What are you smoking, man? I need some so I can be in my make believe fantasy land too.
i hope your retail branch is doing better than it has been doing on lb and nd guild of spreadsheet mongoloids xd

Changing raid times to avoid getting spanked in WPVP
Re rolling servers
Wiping at 1% on KT and disbanding

God TOW was so good
11/03/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Omunit
i hope your retail branch is doing better than it has been doing on lb and nd guild of spreadsheet mongoloids xd

Changing raid times to avoid getting spanked in WPVP
Re rolling servers
Wiping at 1% on KT and disbanding

God TOW was so good

i wasn't with TOW until lb and scuba has been washed up since the end of nost

can you lads post your TS to me on discord pls so i can see which literally who randoms im engaging in a one sided circle jerk with thx
11/03/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Lokubi
Its sharding, they've proven they can't control it at all.

Getting screwed out of a kazzak, or more importantly, green dragon kills, not because your raid couldn't secure the kill, but because the server just doesn't spawn it on your shard will be awful.

And no, I don't believe blizzard is competent enough to create exceptions to the sharding tech, RP servers are supposed to be exempt from sharding tech, but I garentee you that the sharding tech somehow resets itself and requires hotfixes constantly, even on one of the most popular live realms, so why would classic, which is going to have a smaller dev team if the demo is any indication, be any different.