"Do you guys not have phones?"

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
11/03/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Kongal
This game isn't targeted for the NA market

All the more reason not to announce it at a convention in North America primarily attended by PC gamers LOL
11/03/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Ghazgkul
I guess we will see you in 8.3 or 9.0

Like almost every expac (except WoD because !@#$ WoD) people will return upon the last patch with all content and updates available and be satisfied

Exact same thing happened in Legion, then 7.3 happened and Legion was hailed as a major success, the "greatest expansion since Wrath of the Lich King" despite all the absolute seething hatred of 7.0

Lol you think there was the same amount of "seething hatred" for 7.0 as 8.0? You're either being funny or delusional.
I have a phone and I want remote AH back
I have a phone and I'm looking forward to playing a Diablo game on it *shrug*
I also know it won't affect the main games ( Diablo 1/2/3 ) or their development.

bahahahaha!!!
11/04/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Båkkag
I have a phone and I'm looking forward to playing a Diablo game on it *shrug*
I also know it won't affect the main games ( Diablo 1/2/3 ) or their development.

bahahahaha!!!

Hahahaha!!!
Here's how I see it. Blizzard is trying to tap into new demographics. And who wouldn't? Mobile is the place to be. It's stupid not to be there.

But, if Blizzard is growing that way, does that imply that they are abandoning their current markets? Put another way, is Diablo Immortal the end of World of Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft? No. Nothing suggests that at all.

I'm not interested in anything mobile from any company. Heck, the only mobile game I have is the original Plants vs. Zombies, which I play when I'm sitting on the toilet.

There is no reason to assume that the quality of Blizzard's triple-A games will drop because of their growth further into mobile. I challenge anyone who disagrees to present evidence otherwise.

BFA and Diablo 3 are your evidence regarding their standards of quality falling. They don't need a mobile game for that to happen
11/03/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Ghazgkul
I guess we will see you in 8.3 or 9.0

Like almost every expac (except WoD because !@#$ WoD) people will return upon the last patch with all content and updates available and be satisfied

Exact same thing happened in Legion, then 7.3 happened and Legion was hailed as a major success, the "greatest expansion since Wrath of the Lich King" despite all the absolute seething hatred of 7.0

What about warlords? Tons of satisfaction there during the last patch!
11/04/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Necroblades
BFA and Diablo 3 are your evidence regarding their standards of quality falling. They don't need a mobile game for that to happen
What specifically about BFA and D3 are evident of their falling quality?
The whole phone comment blows me away. I understand why it was said, but some people choose to not have smartphones either because of industry of work, cost prohibitive, they don't like them, or whatever.

I choose not to own one. My main phone that I take with me all over the place is not a smartphone. After having lost 2 note 3s in normal working environment for my industry I decided not to have them any more.

Hearthstone started as a PC game, and became mobile. Great, fantastic. Diablo game is mobile with no intention of porting to PC. Oh, okay. Does not appear that I will be playing this then.

And to say "you can play on tablet beatonme!" No, I am not going to buy another piece of equipment to play 1 game. I play PC, and build my PC's every 8-10 years depending on technology as that is what my budget constraints are. This is not good Blizz. Blizzcon has left me very unsure of a company I emphatically knew would always come through and make great games for PC.
11/04/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Fanahlia
11/04/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Necroblades
What specifically about BFA and D3 are evident of their falling quality?

Obviously you didn't grow up with Blizzard to ask that.

1) Half-baked incomplete games that take months to get to the point where they should have been at release.

2) Changing the whole leveling process to make spending $60 more attractive as well as a real money auction house.
3) Being dismissive to your audience and their feedback.

I could go on for hours
11/04/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Necroblades
so they have the right to ask those questions at the Q &A.

Some people need to learn the difference between a right and a privilege really badly.

For example driving is not a right, it is a privilege.

Even posting here is not a "right" or a freedom of speech "right"... again a privilege.

Playing the game is no "right" either.
11/03/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Necroblades
That shows just how clueless Blizzard really is.

Wow fans, your game will eventually take the path the Diablo franchise did.

That's what happens when you go from making games you love to making games share holders will like.

The state of BFA and the amount of unhappy people speaks volumes.

Even with free time , i uninstalled. I'll still check out youtube to see where the story goes, but i wont expect much.

I don't say this as a hater , but as someone that just lost a life-long best friend.

***Vault of regret opens***
"Do you not have phones?"
"You think you do, but you don't"

***Vault of regret closes***
11/04/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Poisonberry
11/04/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Necroblades
so they have the right to ask those questions at the Q &A.

Some people need to learn the difference between a right and a privilege really badly.

For example driving is not a right, it is a privilege.

If you don't want to field questions, don't do a Q&A lol
I don't know how you can say D3 is a failure. One of the highest selling PC games of all time as well as all the console copies sold. Yeah people don't play it as much now a days, but we played the hell out of it for years and everyone I know loved it.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the game, but the way they announced and tried to sell it the audience was totally offkey, and quite frankly out of touch with the community.

I just wonder who in marketing completely missed the obvious here, they should of "Tempered the Announcement" to the fans, not rev up the hype engine for a mobile game.

You look at how Valve's Artifact was announced...
Or EA's Command and Conquer mobile game was announced...

Standing on stage and saying our next big thing in your beloved Franchise... is not the next sequel of your beloved Franchise is not good, but to then say its a mobile port was painting a target on them.

---------------------------
A successful example of this type of game release is Fallout Shelter, that was for all intents and purposes a marketing gimmick to sell Fallout 4 pre-orders. So while you wait we created this mobile/tablet game you can play and ITS AVAILABLE NOW!!! (thats how you release a mobile title)... and they were shocked to have a surprise hit that was simply a marketing exercise.
---------------------------
Don't hype your mobile games to a hardcore crowd, release it to them without notice (thats how Pokemon Go was released), stand on stage and say "Its available now from the Google and Apple Stores", let them play it, without the hype, without the circus and the echo chambers and this is what the people in marketing missed... mobile games that are quality, sell themselves through gameplay... and the players market it themselves by sharing it themselves.
11/04/2018 06:57 AMPosted by Sevstorm
I don't know how you can say D3 is a failure. One of the highest selling PC games of all time as well as all the console copies sold. Yeah people don't play it as much now a days, but we played the hell out of it for years and everyone I know loved it.

Most of those sales were due to the good faith people had from Diablo 2.

It was a good action game but a terrible Blizzard game. Just like MGS V was a great action game , but a terrible metal gear game when compared to snake eater and mgs 4.
You know, Blizzard could avoid all of this if they at least confirmed that Diablo 4 was in the works too. At least admit and not hide the fact. Mobile gaming is a plague among any gamer, even console gamers think so lowly of anyone who plays them due to how their pay model is. And not everyone likes to play games on phones that is primarily made to be used to text and talk. Or use for other social media which where it shines the most.

So yeah. Whether or not Blizzard likes the response, this could have been avoided if they admit something else was in the works at least, they don't have to show us, just answer a simple question and we'll be fine with that. I'm sure whoever worked on the Diablo mobile is a whole different division from the original three.
There's nothing wrong with a Diablo mobile game. The main issue is that there was nothing about Diablo 4. They should have confirmed it was in the works, and they shouldn't have hyped up a Diablo announcement if it was a stupid mobile game. Nobody actually minds that they made a mobile game. It's the fact that this was supposed to be the big Diablo unveil.

He's right that most of us have phones. And he's right that some of us will enjoy this new game. The main issue is that this was the wrong way to go about presenting or unveiling it. A mobile Diablo game isn't something you unveil at Blizzcon as Diablo news.

As usual with Blizzard, the idea isn't too awful. It's the execution. Similar issues abound with almost every aspect of BfA as well...
11/04/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Rosemane
You know, Blizzard could avoid all of this if they at least confirmed that Diablo 4 was in the works too. At least admit and not hide the fact. Mobile gaming is a plague among any gamer, even console gamers think so lowly of anyone who plays them due to how their pay model is. And not everyone likes to play games on phones that is primarily made to be used to text and talk. Or use for other social media which where it shines the most.

So yeah. Whether or not Blizzard likes the response, this could have been avoided if they admit something else was in the works at least, they don't have to show us, just answer a simple question and we'll be fine with that. I'm sure whoever worked on the Diablo mobile is a whole different division from the original three.

I agree. This mobile game could be the best one in the world , but it's not what the core Diablo community wants!

Give us what we want and do this as a side project. That way we may even open up to the idea. Just don't go "No Diablo 4 for you and like cause we know what is best!" lmao
I say without sarcasm that Blizzard should move their headquarters to China.

-the people there will appreciate their mobile games
-they can make more movies
-don't have to worry about complaints too much since people don't speak their minds freely due to fear of government reprisal
-dont have to worry about pesky labor laws and human rights