"Do you guys not have phones?"

General Discussion
11/03/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Blammo
11/03/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Volley
If playing Diablo on the iPhone unlocks High Elves as an Alliance playable race in WoW, I'm in.

I heard it will, but if you pay 19.99 it'll go much faster.

Not only that, but you would have an energy bar on how many quests/play time you can do as a High Elf. Once you run out, you gotta pay money to refresh or wait 24 hours.

This is NetEase we are talking about, not a respectable company.
Watch out, you'll just get your topic locked. That's Blizz's way of dealing with problems here, on Reddit, YouTube, etc. Just delete and lock so people can't comment. Like that actually solves the underlying problem or keeps customers happy. They're like ostriches with their heads in the sand.
11/04/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Necroblades

Obviously you didn't grow up with Blizzard to ask that.
What does that have to do with discussing the quality of Blizzard's games? I've played Blizzard's games since 1996. The quality was rather low at the time, from my memory. The jump from an RTS to an MMO, first unveil in 2002/2003 was considered a massive step forward in quality because of how ambitious it was at the time. And the release of WoW was less than stellar, bugs, queues, crashes, bots, slow support.

1) Half-baked incomplete games that take months to get to the point where they should have been at release.
How do you qualify something as "half-baked"? And can you name things that "half-baked" and what their "full-baked" state would look like?

2) Changing the whole leveling process to make spending $60 more attractive as well as a real money auction house.
Are you saying the RMAH was a good idea or a bad idea? I thought the RMAH was a good idea and a bit disappointed that Blizzard removed it, but I do understand why they removed it. It doesn't have a bearing on quality.

3) Being dismissive to your audience and their feedback.
So, what would an open conversation with a fan base of millions look like to you?

I could go on for hours
Could you really? Most people, when they respond that way, are trying to deflect from the conversation because they don't actually have anything more to say.
"Do you guys not have phones?" seems a bit of an odd title but after reading all the posts here, I understand that Bliz announced something about gaming on your phone. Well, if they develop it and it sells without taking away from the current pc gaming option, I see nothing wrong. After all, they are following the trend I see a lot of tech moving toward. Phone access for those who want it.

However, I do not play games on my phone. Heck, I still have only a flip phone and don't get or send texts...my phone is strictly for phone calls, nothing else. Why should I pay so much more for something I already get on my pc via my cable modem at a reasonable monthly fee? My phone is not high tech but my gaming pc is compared to it.

I invest in only those things I plan to use, not follow fads that seem to come and go as the wind. As long as WoW is still developed and maintained for access via the internet, I shall play it as long as I find it fun. I also do not follow esports because I find them boring. But that is not to say that everyone feels the same.

Businesses will always try new ways to bring in more business, no matter what that business is. If it fails, then they will know it was not a good idea to begin with. But with so many folks using their phones (which really appear to be smaller versions of desktop pcs or laptops) for everything from searching the internet to purchasing products to texting and keeping in touch with friends and families, it will last only as long as it is profitable to the business.
11/04/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Xeldra
Watch out, you'll just get your topic locked. That's Blizz's way of dealing with problems here, on Reddit, YouTube, etc. Just delete and lock so people can't comment. Like that actually solves the underlying problem or keeps customers happy. They're like ostriches with their heads in the sand.

Sad , but true.

Ironically, I'm trying to help them...not hurt them.

Like a friend going in the wrong direction that you care about and need to dish out some tough love.

I'm afraid it's too late for that to even help
11/04/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Fanahlia

Obviously you didn't grow up with Blizzard to ask that.
What does that have to do with discussing the quality of Blizzard's games? I've played Blizzard's games since 1996. The quality was rather low at the time, from my memory. The jump from an RTS to an MMO, first unveil in 2002/2003 was considered a massive step forward in quality because of how ambitious it was at the time. And the release of WoW was less than stellar, bugs, queues, crashes, bots, slow support.

1) Half-baked incomplete games that take months to get to the point where they should have been at release.
How do you qualify something as "half-baked"? And can you name things that "half-baked" and what their "full-baked" state would look like?

2) Changing the whole leveling process to make spending $60 more attractive as well as a real money auction house.
Are you saying the RMAH was a good idea or a bad idea? I thought the RMAH was a good idea and a bit disappointed that Blizzard removed it, but I do understand why they removed it. It doesn't have a bearing on quality.

3) Being dismissive to your audience and their feedback.
So, what would an open conversation with a fan base of millions look like to you?

I could go on for hours
Could you really? Most people, when they respond that way, are trying to deflect from the conversation because they don't actually have anything more to say.

I gave my examples and if you want more elaboration, it is out there. Seems like you refuse to accept reality because your opinion is different. Check any forum and most youtube videos on the issue....i'm not the only one that feels that there are problems, but you are free to feel the way you want
11/04/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Fanahlia
Here's how I see it. Blizzard is trying to tap into new demographics. And who wouldn't? Mobile is the place to be. It's stupid not to be there.

I get that. But think of it this way. It is a re skinned game so how much development money went into it? Wow live is a mess, classic is going to be a dumbed down version of Live.....where is the money being spent????????
11/04/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Poisonberry
11/04/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Necroblades
so they have the right to ask those questions at the Q &A.

Some people need to learn the difference between a right and a privilege really badly.

For example driving is not a right, it is a privilege.

Even posting here is not a "right" or a freedom of speech "right"... again a privilege.

Playing the game is no "right" either.

I’m glad you also see spending money for a product is privelege. Anyone who spends money should just be happy they are allowed to even have the privilege of spending that money. They have no right to feedback on the product/service they just bought. Hope you also agree consumer rights and protection laws are antiquated and have no place in modern corporate society.
11/04/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Emt
11/04/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Fanahlia
Here's how I see it. Blizzard is trying to tap into new demographics. And who wouldn't? Mobile is the place to be. It's stupid not to be there.

I get that. But think of it this way. It is a re skinned game so how much development money went into it? Wow live is a mess, classic is going to be a dumbed down version of Live.....where is the money being spent????????

Bethesda meanwhile is doing the same stuff game wise AND they are working on an sequel to the Oblivion series.....a big deal. Meanwhile Blizz is hyping...wait for it....a fricken already made mobile game. LOL. This company is done.
11/04/2018 07:22 AMPosted by Necroblades
I gave my examples and if you want more elaboration, it is out there. Seems like you refuse to accept reality because your opinion is different. Check any forum and most youtube videos on the issue....i'm not the only one that feels that there are problems, but you are free to feel the way you want

I'm asking you to provide objectivity to your argument, but logic that boils down to "go find it yourself" and "you refuse to accept reality" are evidence of a shallow subjective perception of reality and also a dismissing of anyone else with a different viewpoint trying to understand your own. It's a defensive mechanism.
What is Diablo Immortal a re-skin of? I dont play mobile game so I have no idea.
11/03/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Unicronn
Here's hoping that Blizzard sees the reaction and learns something.

Probably not, but I can hope.

Oh that's not going to happen.

I don't think there's been a single day I've played since BFA hit that I haven't run into some bug or glitch in the new content. Half baked is when you rush a product out with so many bugs the players are still getting a Beta experience 3 months into the release of the "finished" product.

I understand running into the occasional bug, I'm not new to MMOs by any stretch, but I'm honestly tired of sending in bug reports. If it's out of Beta I shouldn't be sending a bug report for something different every single day for 3 months. Period. If this Xpac was on steam it'd have the "Early Access" disclaimer on it.

For anyone who's not familiar with the Early Access disclaimer on steam it's : "Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development."

They tied the drop rates in the game to what was being sold in it, it was a quality issue, and dishonest.
11/04/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Kaylar

I don't think there's been a single day I've played since BFA hit that I haven't run into some bug or glitch in the new content. Half baked is when you rush a product out with so many bugs the players are still getting a Beta experience 3 months into the release of the "finished" product.

This and the fact that we still need addons to do the fricken $^^^&^%&% the game should already have in it. I should not have to download healbot, DBM, coordinates, bartender etc...this #$%^ should be in the game already. WTH are you doing with the money BLI$$?
11/04/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Fanahlia
11/04/2018 07:22 AMPosted by Necroblades

I'm asking you to provide objectivity to your argument, but logic that boils down to "go find it yourself" and "you refuse to accept reality" are evidence of a shallow subjective perception of reality and also a dismissing of anyone else with a different viewpoint trying to understand your own. It's a defensive mechanism.

I appreciate all your fancy wording, but how many ways can I say the game (BFA) was released before it was ready? The azerite system, island expiditions, etc.... even blizzard admits there needed to be changes to those systems and there will be come 8.1
DON'T get me started on bugs lol

Just because I dont list every single problem in detail, doesn't mean they don't exist. That in itself is a logical fallacy.
11/04/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Necroblades
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I appreciate all your fancy wording, but how many ways can I say the game (BFA) was released before it was ready? The azerite system, island expiditions, etc.... even blizzard admits there needed to be changes to those systems and there will be come 8.1
DON'T get me started on bugs lol

Just because I dont list every single problem in detail, doesn't mean they don't exist. That in itself is a logical fallacy.

I have had issues with buggy WQ myself. Since fancy pants wants details here you go. One quest wants me to free falcons but the item needed to release them does not appear in my bag or on the special action bar. There is a named elite to kill....if he moves a little too far out of his circle you do not get credit for the kill. Another one is a three fold quest, collect 3 different items, the first 2 items are fine but the third items never appear. Details. The game is crap right now. Crap.
You know the scariest thing to me besides it being a mobile game that is hardly being discussed, Is the lack of gore. Diablo was built upon a gothic style with lots of gore.

But due to Chinese Market we know they have to tone it down for cultural reasons. So either they trailer they showed is very early in making, or is targeted for the Chinese market.

I mean the whole game play just looks so bland.
I do not have a phone. I have two cans and a string that I use to talk to my BFF.

The big question is: Will DI run on Campbell's OS?
11/03/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Somalion
I have a phone and I'm looking forward to playing a Diablo game on it *shrug*
I also know it won't affect the main games ( Diablo 1/2/3 ) or their development.

Or lack of development.