Is sharding, CRZ, or phasing the one that-

Classic Discussion
cuts you off from zone to zone, i miss kiting, can i still kite in this classic experience, if so, great, if not, awwwww man.
Sharding is the cause.

CRZ is simply merging populations from multiple realms into the same instance of a zone instead of each realm having its own reserved instance. It makes use of sharding to adjust player population in those zone instances.

Phasing is environment changes due to quest progression (one player who's just starting quests in a zone will see an intact building while another player standing in the same place will see a destroyed building). Phasing has come a long way over the years. Where the original phasing would prevent players from seeing and interacting with each other, it's possible in many new areas even though the players are seeing different things.

As Lore pointed out, phasing won't be a part of Classic since there were no quests that make use of it.

The demon here is sharding and it needs to be exorcised from Classic.
11/03/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Palpaartos
cuts you off from zone to zone, i miss kiting, can i still kite in this classic experience, if so, great, if not, awwwww man.
Sure you can kite, but careful, if you kite past a sharding threshhold your target might randomly disappear, Woops!
11/03/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Beardhat
Sure you can kite, but careful, if you kite past a sharding threshhold your target might randomly disappear, Woops!
that's what i mean, ever since they brought sharding in, i can't kite the endless nightmare known as stitches behind me into a group of higher leveled players for support
Joynal: the biggest retail hater who inexplicably keeps playing retail expansion-after-expansion.
11/03/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Beardhat

Or you enter a different shard and immediately aggro the same mob, now at 100% HP again.

It's happened to me on live a few times killing elites in the Arathi warfront.