"They aren't fierce enough" - STOP. JUST STOP.

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Seriously. STOP. Now. Right. This. Instant.

You are the reason we have the current female worgen. You. Yes, you. Maybe not you in particular, but people like you.

We had a perfectly good looking female worgen, then people like you screamed for a few weeks "THEY DON'T LOOK FERAL ENOUGH!" (which made zero sense because literally the entire point of Worgen is that they aren't feral), and Blizzard made last minute changes to them, which resulted in the monstrosity that we got today.

It's also the reason they outright told us that they would not take player feedback into account in regards to the female Pandaren, which is why female Pandaren have a perpetual :3 face, and only one actual face. (which, although adorable, would've been nice to actually be able to give feedback to get some variety)

But seriously. STOP WITH THE "THEY AREN'T FIERCE ENOUGH" FEEDBACK. You are helping no one and we do not need a repeat of the last monstrosity. They version they showed us at BlizzCon looks 1000000% better than what we have on live.
I mean they look 10x better than current models and im happy and excited, but im not gunna lie either
They aren't fierce enough.
NO! you stop.

The worgen are suposed to be living up to the fantasy of werewolves. They have the duality of an attracive human form and an intimidating and scary monster form.

They should look fierce, they should look scary. And you know what, all it takes is to change the eyes and the female worgen sudenly look fine.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/d6b2f869cb9cf06b26037b83bc7a08d9/tumblr_phlcvkY08o1xdit5yo1_1280.png

Just because Blizzard got it wrong last time does NOT mean we shouldn't push for them to get it right this time.

They arn't fierce enough!
11/04/2018 01:38 AMPosted by Maizou
It's also the reason they outright told us that they would not take player feedback into account in regards to the female Pandaren, which is why female Pandaren have a perpetual :3 face, and only one actual face. (which, although adorable, would've been nice to actually be able to give feedback to get some variety)

The males have the same issue, though. And a lot of the newer models since the old ones got more mileage out of the textures since they were low poly. Same face has more to do with Blizzard not modelling enough diverse facial assets than it has anything to do with the female worgen fiasco.

I do agree with your recollection, though. We had a decent base for female worgen before all the feedback came rolling in. I'm still not sure how telling them to go fiercer caused them to go with the design they did but that's what we ended up with.
STOP WITH THE "THEY AREN'T FIERCE ENOUGH" FEEDBACK.

Well, if by "fierce," you think of an anthropomorphic puppy that got lost on its way to the next Disney film, then yeah, they're fierce enough.
Blizzard could give them rabies and have them go rabid and people would complain they don't look fierce enough.
Would be nice if we had a say in how we want them to look via a voting poll.
Too bad, they're already aware that some people want a more wolfish look and are making options to allow for it:

People really want the glowing eye options for female Worgen—any plans to have that customization?

This option is planned, it just wasn’t shown in the presentation.
They would like to interate models even further. They’re happy the permanent scowl on Worgen Females are gone, but the models still have a chihuahua look, and they want more facial customization options.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll leave the cute doggo face as an option for those who want it.
11/04/2018 01:51 AMPosted by Jerauld
Would be nice if we had a say in how we want them to look via a voting poll.

Game design isn't a democracy.
I prefer cute wolf to fierce chihuahua, thanks.

You are the reason we have the current female worgen. You. Yes, you. Maybe not you in particular, but people like you.

We had a perfectly good looking female worgen, then people like you screamed for a few weeks "THEY DON'T LOOK FERAL ENOUGH!" (which made zero sense because literally the entire point of Worgen is that they aren't feral), and Blizzard made last minute changes to them, which resulted in the monstrosity that we got today.

But seriously. STOP WITH THE "THEY AREN'T FIERCE ENOUGH" FEEDBACK. You are helping no one and we do not need a repeat of the last monstrosity. They version they showed us at BlizzCon looks 1000000% better than what we have on live.

But... all they have to do is give the females the same eyes as the males and it's fine. It won't fix their weird lurch when they run, but it will make them look like actual beasts. Is that pushing it?
I want them to look fierce in COMBAT, and only in combat. When they're walking around all normal-like they shouldn't be perpetually snarling at everything. It looks stupid, and it makes no sense.

If they were brainless monsters, sure, but they're 'cured' enough to have their normal personalities back. Which means, not all of them are going to be constantly ticked off at everything.

My favorite werewolves are from Morrowind, which are basically just upright wolves so... I quite like the way they're currently looking.

Having a couple of face options that had a scale of "fierceness" would be cool though.
11/04/2018 01:00 AMPosted by Kirela

But... all they have to do is give the females the same eyes as the males and it's fine. It won't fix their weird lurch when they run, but it will make them look like actual beasts. Is that pushing it?

Fem worgen will have a glowing eye option according to one of the blizzcon Q&As.
thought worgens were supposed to be creepy/scary not to accomplish some weird fantasies.. looking at you female eyes..
11/04/2018 01:03 AMPosted by Jerrod
11/04/2018 01:00 AMPosted by Kirela

Fem worgen will have a glowing eye option according to one of the blizzcon Q&As.

Oh good. I dunno why they didn't show a bit more variety then and I hope it's a good color even if it's not the same color as the males.
11/04/2018 01:45 AMPosted by Aríadníe
NO! you stop.

The worgen are suposed to be living up to the fantasy of werewolves. They have the duality of an attracive human form and an intimidating and scary monster form.

They should look fierce, they should look scary. And you know what, all it takes is to change the eyes and the female worgen sudenly look fine.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/d6b2f869cb9cf06b26037b83bc7a08d9/tumblr_phlcvkY08o1xdit5yo1_1280.png

Just because Blizzard got it wrong last time does NOT mean we shouldn't push for them to get it right this time.

They arn't fierce enough!

Ion Hazzi-...haz-...how do I spell his last name?

Ya Boi Ion said female worgen are getting the option of glowing eyes. He said it just wasn't in the presentation.

People really want the glowing eye options for female Worgen—any plans to have that customization?

This option is planned, it just wasn’t shown in the presentation.

Spicy sauce:
https://www.wowhead.com/news=288418/blizzcon-2018-interview-with-ion-hazzikostas-and-chris-robinson-azshara-raises-n
11/04/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Kazrien
STOP WITH THE "THEY AREN'T FIERCE ENOUGH" FEEDBACK.

Well, if by "fierce," you think of an anthropomorphic puppy that got lost on its way to the next Disney film, then yeah, they're fierce enough.

Yeah a friend of mine calls the current female model an 'encephalitic chihuahua'
Takes the 14th poster to be a Worgen in a how Worgen are going to look thread.

I think I should entitle a post - "Bag over Face Transmogs for BE/VE Thread".

In other words, if you're not even a Worgen, from the great land of Gilneas...why do you even care?
I think the reworks look great, granted the animations and mog fit well they're undeniably 50x better than live versions