The harsh truth about partners.

Arenas
11/05/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Dozêr
11/05/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Cashmycar
If you are struggling to find partners it means one of three options.

1. Your not fun to q with
2. Your bad
3. You never voice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How to fix this

1. Do not blame partners for losses for things they know they did wrong. Example getting blind deathed, wasting trinket etc. A better solution to this would be asking them "do you think you used your trinket well?", if they respond "no" no further conversation about this needs to continue.
*Also complimenting people on there good plays goes a long way for how they look at you. (Just don't slob over their !@#$)

2. Everyone at every skill level can improve and makes minor to major mistakes within an arena game(no one plays perfect). Never hold yourself to less of a standard because you think your "Better".
*Also avoid saying "well there's nothing I could of done better". This is just toxic

3. Queing in LFG and not voicing is a big mistake, especially at low ratings. Overlap will happen and without any synergy there will be a loss of mistakes. Best way to avoid this is to get into voice and voicing with partners can create better bonds to q again

If you take these three things into account you will find yourself with more partners

*Bonus: Also no one plays this game so partners are even harder than ever to come by

I hit 2200 this season with no voice. just saying.

You did it with the easiest spec in game. Obviously you don't need voice. You don't actually need a strat to train a healer.
[/quote]

You did it with the easiest spec in game. Obviously you don't need voice. You don't actually need a strat to train a healer.[/quote]

You really dont need voice if your team isnt 0 IQ and knows to pop defensives on cc, knows how to stop cc, not overlapping cds or cc, knows when to los etc.
It's really just basic knowledge of the game, but seems to be to hard for some lfg casuals to understand.
Gotta post on that alt
11/05/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Myracle
11/05/2018 05:02 AMPosted by Gwenchan
Arenas require a ton of coordination and awareness. If a healer doesn't dispel roots on a melee or gets poly'D for the full duration it's mostly gg.

The basic wow package does not notify you of these things so it's best to have addons. I'll admit I'm not great in arena but with battleground enemies for rated I'm pretty good at that.

Literally hard to do when Mages spam poly and roots all game. Chances are you’re going to be in cc a lot. Don’t blame the healer

That's not a problem according to Blizzard. It's a working as intended class alongside rogues who also can spam ccs.
I got 2400 with no voice, so I'm pretty sure voice isn't required. You see R1s qing Gladiator/R1 range all the time with no voice on streams.

I think there is a more a problem with lack of participation than anything. There just aren't that many people playing the game, and the ones that are? You're toxic if you say: "I think you should have used one of your eight kicks on poly instead of frostbolt that game." is toxic and you're a healer so you're carried and do nothign all game to win rating by the superior, rocket scientist dps.

I play four healers and one dps. If I didn't have the partners from my healers playing alts with my dps I would never find games. It is a very real complaint for dps to say they can't find partners. Their only avenue really is LFG.
You really dont need voice if your team isnt 0 IQ and knows to pop defensives on cc, knows how to stop cc, not overlapping cds or cc, knows when to los etc.
It's really just basic knowledge of the game, but seems to be to hard for some lfg casuals to understand.

It's just dumb to say it. You trying to gloat? He obviously was. Sure you can hit 2.2 without voice, but there is no reason not to. Some comps require a lot more setup then others. Obviously warrior/healer requires the least amount with how 2s is currently working.

And yes, it's basic knowledge, but go watch any stream with the top players. They are still communicating a ton. It's beneficial. It allows for quicker decision making. It allows for you to fix mistakes. Try to hit 2200 on a non top tier spec without voice. You can easily push up faster and learn faster if you can communicate with the person.
11/05/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Adroi

It's just dumb to say it. You trying to gloat? He obviously was. Sure you can hit 2.2 without voice, but there is no reason not to. Some comps require a lot more setup then others. Obviously warrior/healer requires the least amount with how 2s is currently working.

And yes, it's basic knowledge, but go watch any stream with the top players. They are still communicating a ton. It's beneficial. It allows for quicker decision making. It allows for you to fix mistakes. Try to hit 2200 on a non top tier spec without voice. You can easily push up faster and learn faster if you can communicate with the person.

you can hit 2.6k without voice in 2s pipe down
11/05/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Alanthon
I got 2400 with no voice, so I'm pretty sure voice isn't required. You see R1s qing Gladiator/R1 range all the time with no voice on streams.

I think there is a more a problem with lack of participation than anything. There just aren't that many people playing the game, and the ones that are? You're toxic if you say: "I think you should have used one of your eight kicks on poly instead of frostbolt that game." is toxic and you're a healer so you're carried and do nothign all game to win rating by the superior, rocket scientist dps.

I play four healers and one dps. If I didn't have the partners from my healers playing alts with my dps I would never find games. It is a very real complaint for dps to say they can't find partners. Their only avenue really is LFG.

It's context.

The OP is trying the frame the best way to achieve. If you refuse to use voice, you're likely going to suffer because of it. If you're in just to tell people you can't, then you're pointing out the obvious. Sure, you can do anything without voice. But obviously communication is better and even more so if you're playing with randoms.
11/05/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Adroi

So clearly everyone that uses voice is trash. anything else?

All those scrubs at blizzcon are using headsets. pathetic right?

pipe down bro.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

So clearly everyone that uses voice is trash. anything else?

All those scrubs at blizzcon are using headsets. pathetic right?

pipe down bro.

You are trying to compare apples to oranges. Those players have awareness of what is going on against match ups and what their team has to counter set ups/when to use them. Generally if people want to get into voice at low ratings they probably don’t have awareness of what is going on during the game. Just a personal opinion but I have found it easier to get used to a new class by playing no voice games so you get used to what you are doing and can’t put blame on other people for losing. Makes you more aware to constantly look at frames to see if your healer is ccd etc. It can improve your game play to not play with voice for a while until you kinda get a feel for what your comp is going to do at certain times. My team I usually que with got 2.4 without ever getting on voice.
I had at least 62% win rate with any random healer of any class of any MMR and got 2k a while ago. Now Im struggling to get above .500 and just tanked 100+ ratings. I may be bad but this expansion is bursty af.
voice people are hilarious

if you dont have synergy voice rarely fixes that

not using voice helps to develop synergy

2. Your bad
3. You never voice

How to fix this

1. Do not blame partners for losses for things they know they did wrong. Example getting blind deathed, wasting trinket etc. A better solution to this would be asking them "do you think you used your trinket well?", if they respond "no" no further conversation about this needs to continue.
*Also complimenting people on there good plays goes a long way for how they look at you. (Just don't slob over their !@#$)

2. Everyone at every skill level can improve and makes minor to major mistakes within an arena game(no one plays perfect). Never hold yourself to less of a standard because you think your "Better".
*Also avoid saying "well there's nothing I could of done better". This is just toxic

3. Queing in LFG and not voicing is a big mistake, especially at low ratings. Overlap will happen and without any synergy there will be a loss of mistakes. Best way to avoid this is to get into voice and voicing with partners can create better bonds to q again

If you take these three things into account you will find yourself with more partners

*Bonus: Also no one plays this game so partners are even harder than ever to come by

You got 2200 when warriors were completely broken at the start of the season. Before they got nerfed like 5 different times.

And now you're scared to queue. Next season you will be back at 1550 where you belong.
11/05/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Reqy
2) I refuse to trinket vs rmx, if i die in the opener i die

big mood
The people I played with to 2k-2200 don’t play anymore.

Next best situation with people I’ve played with to like 1800 never reply when I say let’s do games all no voiced

When I voice people either have loud annoying voices or mad noise in the background like dogs barking & !@#$, or they make no mistakes and every loss is your fault, or are racist
11/05/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Ryutiz
voice people are hilarious

if you dont have synergy voice rarely fixes that

not using voice helps to develop synergy

So watching hydra play at 2900 and telling his team he doesn't have premonition up to avoid polymorph means he doesn't have synergy?

You don't have to have voice for every situation, but games evolve. Situations come up that even normal strats and synergy don't account for. Even the best players are still going to need communicate at some level at some point.

I just don't get why people are here are discouraging it. It helps a lot for players to develop. Not always and you're going to have bad interactions just like any game, but using voice can help you to figure out strats faster and make changes on the fly if something isn't working.

2. Your bad
3. You never voice

How to fix this

Bet you didn't do it in LFG alone.
11/05/2018 07:50 PMPosted by Fateweaver
11/05/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Reqy
2) I refuse to trinket vs rmx, if i die in the opener i die

big mood
Ehh, Whats the loss. If I die without trinketing I can just queue up and fight the next RMP. No loss to me, may as well just get out of there quicker and try the next team because thats all that queues.