The harsh truth about partners.

Arenas
11/06/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Reqy
11/05/2018 07:50 PMPosted by Fateweaver
big mood
Ehh, Whats the loss. If I die without trinketing I can just queue up and fight the next RMP. No loss to me, may as well just get out of there quicker and try the next team because thats all that queues.

When you do this with lfg teammates they pretend rmp is some new comp that they never heard of and don’t understand how you die
11/06/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Yatogami
<span class="truncated">...</span>Ehh, Whats the loss. If I die without trinketing I can just queue up and fight the next RMP. No loss to me, may as well just get out of there quicker and try the next team because thats all that queues.

When you do this with lfg teammates they pretend rmp is some new comp that they never heard of and don’t understand how you die
Na dude I just call it like it is.

I don't pve, so I don't fortification, veins, triple overflowing mists, or 18% vers. I'm !@#$en dead boys.

Even lfg people understand that if i trinket the opener, they die in a blind, and then they look bad not me.

Na dude I just call it like it is.

I don't pve, so I don't fortification, veins, triple overflowing mists, or 18% vers. I'm !@#$en dead boys.

Even lfg people understand that if i trinket the opener, they die in a blind, and then they look bad not me.

Lmao rip.
11/05/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Dozêr
11/05/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Cashmycar
If you are struggling to find partners it means one of three options.

1. Your not fun to q with
2. Your bad
3. You never voice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How to fix this

1. Do not blame partners for losses for things they know they did wrong. Example getting blind deathed, wasting trinket etc. A better solution to this would be asking them "do you think you used your trinket well?", if they respond "no" no further conversation about this needs to continue.
*Also complimenting people on there good plays goes a long way for how they look at you. (Just don't slob over their !@#$)

2. Everyone at every skill level can improve and makes minor to major mistakes within an arena game(no one plays perfect). Never hold yourself to less of a standard because you think your "Better".
*Also avoid saying "well there's nothing I could of done better". This is just toxic

3. Queing in LFG and not voicing is a big mistake, especially at low ratings. Overlap will happen and without any synergy there will be a loss of mistakes. Best way to avoid this is to get into voice and voicing with partners can create better bonds to q again

If you take these three things into account you will find yourself with more partners

*Bonus: Also no one plays this game so partners are even harder than ever to come by

I hit 2200 this season with no voice. just saying.

As humble as ever I see eh?
I enjoy no voice, but also know it will be harder to push rating with this current meta.
11/06/2018 08:01 AMPosted by Adroi
11/05/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Ryutiz
voice people are hilarious

if you dont have synergy voice rarely fixes that

not using voice helps to develop synergy

So watching hydra play at 2900 and telling his team he doesn't have premonition up to avoid polymorph means he doesn't have synergy?

You don't have to have voice for every situation, but games evolve. Situations come up that even normal strats and synergy don't account for. Even the best players are still going to need communicate at some level at some point.

I just don't get why people are here are discouraging it. It helps a lot for players to develop. Not always and you're going to have bad interactions just like any game, but using voice can help you to figure out strats faster and make changes on the fly if something isn't working.

Using an example at 2900 means you completely missed the point
11/06/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Ryutiz
11/06/2018 08:01 AMPosted by Adroi

So watching hydra play at 2900 and telling his team he doesn't have premonition up to avoid polymorph means he doesn't have synergy?

You don't have to have voice for every situation, but games evolve. Situations come up that even normal strats and synergy don't account for. Even the best players are still going to need communicate at some level at some point.

I just don't get why people are here are discouraging it. It helps a lot for players to develop. Not always and you're going to have bad interactions just like any game, but using voice can help you to figure out strats faster and make changes on the fly if something isn't working.

Wow ryutiz. You missed your best opening.

Blizzcon proved NA>EU. What happens in EU is sup optimal play and should be excluded from the example.
11/06/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Yatogami

I've played hundreds of games with the same people and they're sometimes still appalled that if they don't peel the opener, I die instantly and they're amazed like we haven't played the matchup roughly 300 times.
11/05/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Mervz
The harsh truth about high school dropouts:

They don't know the difference between your and you're

I'm a high school drop out and I think your being mean, and frankly I don't appreciate you're opinion . :)
11/06/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Flexecution
11/05/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Mervz
The harsh truth about high school dropouts:

They don't know the difference between your and you're

I'm a high school drop out and I think your being mean, and frankly I don't appreciate you're opinion . :)

Thanks for proving my... wait a second.
How easy to reroll fotm also has a lot to do with it, people just want to Q with w/e is fotm.

I keep running into priests who were above 2k this season who don't know what premonition does, probably played something stupid like Dh mana burn.
needing voice really depends on the comp and the synergy you already have as partners. when we played rps to about 2.5 in s5 it was with voice but with friends anyways so it was no big deal. when playing single target wls s6 we didn't voice with our warrior til around 2.6 mmr, and then went on to glad with destro. playing 2s without voice with your regular partners is a really good way to get synergy tbh if you already know the basic strats
how about this:

some people might need voice to succeed, some might not.

not sure why it's so hard for people to understand people play and succeed differently.
11/06/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Ryutiz

Nah. The point was me responding to people saying no voice we required and you wanted to chime in.

if you dont have synergy voice rarely fixes that

And I'm saying I completely disagree with that. However you want to define synergy is up to you though. Being able to talk and hash out what you're thinking help you build that with players you don't often play with.

Nearly all the best players I have played with communicate on every level. They are always quick to admit mistakes and quick to offer input on how to fix it. You see it on the best streams as well.

That's the great thing about being on voice with your team. Even the best players aren't going to see everything that's happening. It's literally not possible. So instead they quickly explain their logic and move forward. The people on the forums who want to gloat about not using voice to get 2.2 or 2.4 are the ones missing the point the OP was trying to make. It's a good way to improve. If you refuse todo it, your game is likely going to suffer.
To everyone citing their own or other's experiences for getting rating without voice:

It's been that way since WOD. The prune simplified the game to a glorified MOBA. Arenas happen in a cyclical, predictable fashion and most comps don't require coordination.

You know how many frost DKs hit high rating in WOD and legion without voice? What are they supposed to say anyway?

"PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 2 PRESSING 1