I don’t get classic mania

General Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
I played trough classic back in the day. I can’t imagine I would go back ,the end game resumed itself in getting the netherwind or arcanist set for my mage or the magister one from dungeons. Old graphics, choppy play style, it would be like going back to be an awkward teenager again. No thank you to classic. I mean I get the nostalgia but after a few hours we are done with the nostalgia.
And now, resources that should be going to the development of new stuff for WoW will be siphoned off and funneled into classic instead.

The future is looking dimmer and dimmer.
I will play for the nostalgia, at least for a bit.

To know now what I did not know then will steal some of the wonder, but I liked old Darkshore and Ashenvale.

And I do see the irony of posting this on a Blood Elf, but part of me misses when Elf meant Alliance, with the Horde analog being Trolls.

There are plenty of areas I never really played before Cata changed everything. It'll be interesting to revisit with more of a clue how to play.

Mania? Hardly. And I do remember the drawbacks. But I welcome it as a chance to revisit the past, while still enjoying what we have now.
Wow that's great. Guess what, classic isnt for you nor was it developed and implemented for you.

It's being developed and implemented for people who want to play it.

Crazy how that works.
11/05/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Gávilar
And now, resources that should be going to the development of new stuff for WoW will be siphoned off and funneled into classic instead.

The future is looking dimmer and dimmer.

Imagine going through life being this clueless.
It's almost like blizzard has enough money, people, and resources to have an entirely different and separate team for other games without sacrificing anyone from current team.

To put it simply, retail is easy/lazy/boring mode.

If you want an actualy RPG... Classic is waiting for you.
11/05/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Rip
Wow that's great. Guess what, classic isnt for you nor was it developed and implemented for you.

Crazy how that works.

It was developed for those people that have rose tinted goggles glued to their eyes.
11/05/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Velexy
It's almost like blizzard has enough money, people, and resources to have an entirely different and separate team for other games without sacrificing anyone from current team.

To put it simply, retail is easy/lazy/boring mode.

If you want an actualy RPG... Classic is waiting for you.

if it's easy where's your 8/8M raid prog
11/05/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Illidonkey

Crazy how that works.

It was developed for those people that have rose tinted goggles glued to their eyes.

Imagine going through life being this insecure and delusional. If that's who you think classic is developed for, I'd hate to tell you who retail is developed for.
BRO, you don't have to get it or play it, pretty simple right ? Keep playing this garbage while others enjoy classic.
11/05/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Dreanorthorn
BRO, you don't have to get it or play it, pretty simple right ? Keep playing this garbage while others enjoy classic.

Classic haters will continue to ignore this line of thinking as it's a bit too rational and makes too much sense. They actually think retail takes some huge dev team when in reality it's WoW's version of WordPress.

Crazy how that works.

I wonder what people will have to say once classic does well.

Probably something along the lines of "oh, people who play classic just don't know what fun actually is"
I can’t imagine I would go back…
I can't imagine you would go back either.

But, from what I heard coming out of Blizzcon, it sounds like they're doing exactly what they need to in order to get me spending, maybe, like, 10% of my WoW playtime in Classic instead of Retail.

That was my guess before, and I'm more confident in it now.
i am extremely on the fence about classic. the schism it represents could fracture the game to a point where it eventually finally peters out.

i probably won't play classic, but i will say that the game design decisions were better as an RPG. I wish they could make a realm with some of the old-school stuff (single server, no CRZ, no LFG, etc) with the new content.

they also would need to take a hard look at some of the stuff like linearizing the levels and power gaps, flying, etc.
Because people prefer an MMORPG over Esports with busy work.
If you don't get it, then don't play it. It doesn't cost extra nor does it impact retail. I probably won't play it much, but some people will probably go full hardcore. Let 'em.
Gonna be brutally honest. Everyone posting about how BFA is so easy and simple yet none of you have any decent raid progress now or in the past. Hate to break it to you but if you can't raid on the smiplified version of the game now. GL on classic bad players are a dime a dozen.
All this being said, Classic has its own board.
11/05/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Haunter

I wonder what people will have to say once classic does well.

Probably something along the lines of "oh, people who play classic just don't know what fun actually is"

And what are you going to say when it inevitably fails?