Loot trading work-around

Classic Discussion
Blizzard would like to add loot trading in order to avoid having to bother DMs with requests when something is mistakenly given to the wrong person or someone accidentally rolls on the wrong item. This makes sense. On the other hand, I would prefer to not see it fully implemented, due to potential for abuse.

We can have a solution for this that isn't open for abuse while keeping people from holding on to gear that they didn't intend on grabbing.

I'd like to see some kind of option where a player can click a button that allows the item to be removed from their inventory and placed back into the loot table where it can then be re-rolled on by everyone else.
I like this better than the current system.
11/06/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Gildark
Blizzard would like to add loot trading in order to avoid having to bother DMs with requests when something is mistakenly given to the wrong person or someone accidentally rolls on the wrong item. This makes sense. On the other hand, I would prefer to not see it fully implemented, due to potential for abuse.

We can have a solution for this that isn't open for abuse while keeping people from holding on to gear that they didn't intend on grabbing.

I'd like to see some kind of option where a player can click a button that allows the item to be removed from their inventory and placed back into the loot table where it can then be re-rolled on by everyone else.

this would be good, as long as it only works if every player who was there for the previous roll is in the party and online, to prevent shady stuff.

Youre basically asking them to build an entierly new system which would take testing and time to get teh bugs out. They would sooner push it to personal loot than create a new system from the ground up for classic
You know what? Every time I had an issue like this if we contacted the GM you know what they told us? To bad so sad run it again nothing we can do about it. I am pretty sure their policy was (unless you got a cool GM as they did have more leeway back then) once the roll was over the person who had it had it. A few times the Master Looter messed up in MC or BWL and gave the wrong piece to the wrong person and well the GM said they couldnt do anything about it. It sucks but that is how vanilla was for most leave it as is it was harsher back in the day.

So you mean an option, where if you accidentally click the wrong button you can trade it with someone who should have had the loot..... gee what a new idea I can’t beli be blizzard doesn’t have this inpla..... wait a minute....
How's it going to be abused if you can only trade greeded items?
Need will soulbound boe's so ummm I ask again. How's this going to be abused?
Better to keep it simple and disallow loot trading. No appeals to CS.
Honestly I do not think they are going to modify the code to create a new loot system.

it's either in or out. And as of right now, it's in.

is no one else worried that they will port that beggar "gimme your loot" add-on ?
Besides the abuse you'll also be getting additional spam from those that didn't win it but want it.
Chicken Little says it won’t matter.

One time in the Navy a supervisor threwa joke my way. He said one in three people are a crack smoker, he said, one, two, crack smoker (pointing at me). I demanded a recount, so he did the count in reverse, and I was still the hypothetical crack smoker. Offensive joke, but what you gonna do, right? I don’t run to Human Resources over jokes, okay. And for the record, to this day, none of us were stupid enough to go near the junk (just a joke, geez).

But the point is, if the fix is in the fix is in. Those determined to cheat the loot trading system are going to ninja loot in any case. Loot Trading doesn’t make it any easier.
This is actually a great idea. For maybe two minutes you get the option of right-clicking the item and selecting "Cancel loot". The loot goes to the second highest roll or back to the table.

Don't forget the concern about loot trading is "rolling for a friend".
An "Undo" button seems like a much better idea, and I don't see any way for people to abuse that the way loot trading has historically been abused.

You win an item, realize it was a mistake, click "Reroll" and everyone is presented with the roll window again.

Problem solved.
11/06/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Konway
An "Undo" button seems like a much better idea, and I don't see any way for people to abuse that the way loot trading has historically been abused.

You win an item, realize it was a mistake, click "Reroll" and everyone is presented with the roll window again.

Problem solved.

the reroll option should be tied to the item itself, the first time you right click your item, it should give you an option to reroll or keep, so we can avoid screen clutter.

of course it should only function if everyone who was there for that item is in the group and online to avoid abuse. If any member is missing it will not reroll.
we dont even need loot trading why does blizzard think we do. if someones retarded enough to roll need on something they dont need or the masterlooter gives a piece to the wrong person blizzard should just call them stupid and ignore them.
The best solution is to turn off loot trading, period.

If you accidentally needed on something... too bad. Take your damn time before thinking you need everything that drops and pass/greed.

In Raids, again... use master looter and the guy handing out loot should be careful.

I'd rather see a rare few mistakes cause gear to go to waste than to offer a loot option that was not in Vanilla that can be abused. Because if it's there, abuse will be a thing.
11/06/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Jonesybones
we dont even need loot trading why does blizzard think we do. if someones retarded enough to roll need on something they dont need or the masterlooter gives a piece to the wrong person blizzard should just call them stupid and ignore them.

here is the thing, blizzard has said it will be in the game, and absolutely HATES H-A-T-E-S to ever be proven wrong and backpeddle, so even if the idea losses subs, they will still do it.

The workaround is to let blizzard be right, while not damaging classic.
Without loot sharing everyone can need everything to vendor for gold or to disenchant, lol. Id rather have it. Oh and if a guild group of four pugging a fifth member for a dungeon really wants to control loot they will use master looter so... Just put in loot sharing.
11/06/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Raidei
Without loot sharing everyone can need everything to vendor for gold or to disenchant, lol. Id rather have it. Oh and if a guild group of four pugging a fifth member for a dungeon really wants to control loot they will use master looter so... Just put in loot sharing.

I don't mean to be rude, but are you autistic or just trolling?
Because if you are autistic i don't want to make fun of you.
11/06/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Cstain

So you mean an option, where if you accidentally click the wrong button you can trade it with someone who should have had the loot..... gee what a new idea I can’t beli be blizzard doesn’t have this inpla..... wait a minute....

At what point did I suggest that you could trade the item to anyone? I want it completely out of player hands if the person winning the item gives it back to be rolled on by another.
Why is everyone looking to FIX the bad roll AFTER it happens?

Do it BEFORE:

-Click-

Window:
"YOU ARE ABOUT TO ROLL ON X, ARE YOU SURE?"

Anyone that clicks yes when they shouldn't is a ninja.

Done. No trading. No waiting until after the fact. That's it.

Let these people show themselves on the server so they can waste money transferring servers once nobody will play with them anymore.