Soggoth is back!!!

Story Forum
glaive
noun
a sword

The Master's Glaive is both the sword and the location.
Huh. That's.... interesting, but isn't the sword that had impaled/killed him just the normal blade of a powerful stone giant? I didn't think it was ever stated to have had any special properties.

11/06/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Anelaan
They are feeding souls to the void and corrupting living things into void monsters. Does it really matter if they do it while shouting "For the Alliance!" or "For N'zoth!" ?

Why are you guys always so salty over the Void Elves?

It's like you're trying to get the Alliance posters to admit they've accepted some shady dudes who are doing some shady crap, but after Teldrassil nobody cares and basically every action against the Horde feels justified.

Also what "living things" have VEs been corrupting into monsters? Surely you aren't talking about the pile of devilsaur bones Umbric reanimates in the 8.1 quest.
I went to check on PTR, the area is occupied by Twilight mobs not Horde soldiers. I still don't see any indication that Sylvanas did this.
11/06/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Reignac
I went to check on PTR, the area is occupied by Twilight mobs not Horde soldiers. I still don't see any indication that Sylvanas did this.

Makes more sense for it to be cultists than the Horde imo. The Twilight's Hammer tried to resurrect Soggoth before but were stopped by the ancients/alliance.

Now a lot of the ancients have been slain and the Night Elves are busy trying to take their lands back from the Horde. Good a time as any for the cult to try and raise ol' Soggy again, and it looks like they succeed.
Lets be honest the Horde couldn't have known. We have killed hundreds of old god minions and they have always stayed dead.
World boss for the warfront?
Why is he named the Slitherer? He has legs.
He a World Boss now. Also that likely just his avatar, we faught his avatar back in Darkshore during Cata.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=34485/avatar-of-soggoth
11/06/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Miraji
Huh. That's.... interesting, but isn't the sword that had impaled/killed him just the normal blade of a powerful stone giant? I didn't think it was ever stated to have had any special properties.

11/06/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Anelaan
They are feeding souls to the void and corrupting living things into void monsters. Does it really matter if they do it while shouting "For the Alliance!" or "For N'zoth!" ?

Why are you guys always so salty over the Void Elves?

It's like you're trying to get the Alliance posters to admit they've accepted some shady dudes who are doing some shady crap, but after Teldrassil nobody cares and basically every action against the Horde feels justified.

Also what "living things" have VEs been corrupting into monsters? Surely you aren't talking about the pile of devilsaur bones Umbric reanimates in the 8.1 quest.

Personally, I just find it kinda annoying that a lot of groups that SHOULD have darker tones in the alliance, (worgen, void elves, possible night elves and light forged) really don't.

Also, I didn't like the origin story for the void elves at all, and that is hard to get past.
so.. will someone steal the sword or what?
11/06/2018 11:40 PMPosted by Verlius
Personally, I just find it kinda annoying that a lot of groups that SHOULD have darker tones in the alliance, (worgen, void elves, possible night elves and light forged) really don't.

Also, I didn't like the origin story for the void elves at all, and that is hard to get past.

There's definitely been a lot of missed opportunities to give the darker, pragmatic, and even zealous races of the Alliance more focus and development. I will say I've really enjoyed the Dark Iron and Void Elf stuff in BFA though.

And I think just about everyone, myself included, would agree that the Void Elves introduction was pretty poorly handled as they were basically a complete !@# pull with practically no setup or foreshadowing. To be clear, I love the race, but I don't love how blizzard went about adding them.
11/06/2018 11:57 PMPosted by Etheldald
so.. will someone steal the sword or what?
I think Soggoth could only manifest an avatar in Cata. If he's able to manifest himself, it would suggest the sword is gone already.
11/07/2018 12:47 AMPosted by Kyveli
I think Soggoth could only manifest an avatar in Cata. If he's able to manifest himself, it would suggest the sword is gone already.

He is clearly standing in the same place his skeleton used to be so yes the Twilight's Hammer have already grabbed the sword... What do they plan to do with it?