Class Mount/Petey Yar?

Returning Player Help and Discussion
So i was trying to get my class mount and i found out i needed to talk to a guy called Petey Yar (whos suppose to be right in front of the mount vendor in Dalaran), and i went to where he was located and he wasn't there, is there a different way to get my class mount or is this content not available anymore? and i do not have the path finder achievements done for legion, and don't know if it is required or not.
Pathfinder isn't required for legion class mounts.
See here for details
https://www.wowhead.com/patch-7-2-class-mounts

You need the Breaching the Tomb achievement which is character-specific. Basically, you need to complete the class order hall campaign (which does not include the illidan back story quests).

It doesn't look like you've done that yet.
Is this an end of the game thing or when can you finish the campaign?
11/07/2018 07:01 AMPosted by Frisic
Is this an end of the game thing or when can you finish the campaign?

It was considered end-game content for Legion at 110. The class campaign can be completed anytime at 110 or later. To get the mount you will also need to complete the Breach the Tomb achievement (Broken Shore quests) and then you will be able to get the class mount quest from someone on Broken Shore that sends you back to your class hall.
Are there any universal rules for what you need to complete? I have a DK unable to pickup "champions of legionfall" for breaching the tomb. Do you need to complete all the dungeon quests? The artifact skin quests?

I've already completed everything for two characters, I don't want to grind out anything I don't need to for the others. Just trying to pickup the class toys and pets.
11/07/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Woodhaus
Are there any universal rules for what you need to complete?
Your class campaign, and the "Breaching the Tomb" achievement; at that point check the nearby class-specific NPCs for the starting quest for the mount. You can't progress past "Champions of Legionfall" on the Broken Shore until you finish your class campaign.

Everybody but druids has to do at least one dungeon for their class campaign, and paladins also need to do the "Falling Star" quests up through the Exodar scenario (although that might be part of unlocking Argus now for everyone). The dungeon quest on the Broken Shore can be skipped.

These list all of the necessary order hall and Broken Shore quests:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Legion_intro_experience
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Broken_Shore_storyline

Also note that some classes get a single mount that may or may not change appearance for each spec, while other classes can purchase extra mounts for each spec. Druids just get a new flight form.
That said I need to be 110 before I can do Breaching the tomb to finish the campaign. Broken shore goes up to 110? So it is end game. I'm guessing for the tomb of sargeras.
11/07/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Frisic
I'm guessing for the tomb of sargeras.
It was supposed to be some story leading up to the Tomb of Sargeras, but ended up as just fetch quests and other busy work.

At 98 you can start leveling in the Broken Isles, and the first thing you do is go to the Broken Shore and get your butt kicked by the Burning Legion. At 110 you can return for some payback. And since players had long been pining about how epic the old class mount quests were and wouldn't it be swell if all classes could have a mount, those questlines were included with the same patch as the Broken Shore and ToS raid.
I would recommend freezing XP at 110 if you want the class mount fast. At 111 You can no longer use LFD to queue for dungeons and may have to wait until 120 to solo the dungeon.
If I do Breaching the Tomb achievement on one character will it carry over to all my other characters and all ill have to do is their class hall quest after?
11/08/2018 12:15 AMPosted by Holyblesing
If I do Breaching the Tomb achievement on one character will it carry over to all my other characters and all ill have to do is their class hall quest after?
No, it's considered part of the whole mount quest chain. The quest to return to your class hall doesn't appear until you do the final Broken Shore quest.
Apparently I do need to do all the dungeon quests for the DK line, which kinda sucks since I can't seem to get a group for maw of souls or vault.
Doesn't sound like much early on. Guessing it leads to Argus with the mount.