XP reduction across the board, largest at 60...

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Check WoWhead.

Up to 40% XP reduction needed to level starting in 8.1. Holy crap.
This is probably a good thing.
11/07/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Thelmara
Check WoWhead.

Up to 40% XP reduction needed to level starting in 8.1. Holy crap.

I might level my Dark Iron Shaman, and my Lightforged Paladin then!
Oh it definitely is a good thing. I'm stoked!
FINALLY
I guess dwindling subs have forced their hand on this issue. I don't know anyone bothering to level a character this whole expac.
welp time to level more alts
11/07/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Thelmara
Oh it definitely is a good thing. I'm stoked!

I don't know if it will be the catalyst for me wanting to level Allied Races but it might help my LFD make it past level 55.
AHAHAHA all that defending their slow downs and all those threads of people saying slow was better, and then this gets quietly snuck in. Thats great.
11/07/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Covin
AHAHAHA all that defending their slow downs and all those threads of people saying slow was better, and then this gets quietly snuck in. Thats great.

I mean I still don't think leveling speed was bad in the first place, but making it quicker is always welcome when max level is 120. Seriously, this is the only mmo wich such an absurd max level, and having all of your abilities minus 2 talents by level 80 makes the last 40 feel like a drag.

There are loads of problems with leveling, I just don't think speed is one of them.
11/07/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Wikir
I guess dwindling subs have forced their hand on this issue. I don't know anyone bothering to level a character this whole expac.

Doesn't quite help with everything but its a right direction so far. I mean, for me, I never had any issues leveling to begin with but whatever helps level quicker, I'm game.
I'd be curious to compare the XP needed before the 7.3.5 changes for the 60-80 range to now... wonder if they're back to where they started?
Why do they wait for patch, just do it now lol.
Yay! This makes me very happy! Excuse me as I go to my happy place, and do my happy dance.
11/07/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Haunter
11/07/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Covin

I mean I still don't think leveling speed was bad in the first place, but making it quicker is always welcome when max level is 120. Seriously, this is the only mmo wich such an absurd max level, and having all of your abilities minus 2 talents by level 80 makes the last 40 feel like a drag.

There are loads of problems with leveling, I just don't think speed is one of them.

Well certainly not in 8.1 will it be a problem. But I agree. with the combo of taking so much out of classes then adding levels means there are way too many gaps of silence when leveling. Scaling already takes out the sense of growing stronger so new abilities were about the only thing to look forward to and even those are few and far between after a certain point.

The speedup helps a lot but isnt what I would call a final solution to the problem that is leveling.
Looks like boosts weren’t selling as much as they wanted.

This is a welcome change, finally tuning down the greed.
They will probably nerf it later, and buff it later, and nerf it later, and buff it again sometime later... Then do a level squish.
8.1 can't come soon enough
Glad I am working on unlocking heritage armor sets!
That one post we had at 1000+ pages finally made it's way through.