XP reduction across the board, largest at 60...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
oh, this might actually make me want to give horde a try.

maybe

*eyes up a nightborne priest*

*also eyes up a zandalari paladin*

>.>
11/07/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Thelmara
Check WoWhead.

Up to 40% XP reduction needed to level starting in 8.1. Holy crap.

Now only if they reduced boost price by 40% cuz I still won’t bkther leveling 120 levels
Ooo nice! That'll be just in time for me to level my Dark Iron Dwarf and my Mag'Har Orc (hopefully). Awesome!

11/07/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Thelmara
I'd be curious to compare the XP needed before the 7.3.5 changes for the 60-80 range to now... wonder if they're back to where they started?

Here's a link to a previous chart on Wowhead comparing 7.0, 7.3 and 8.0.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=286049/new-experience-values-for-leveling-hotfix-nerf
Great news everybody!
This is great news if true. I might actully bother to level something new.
11/07/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Truthspeaker
Ooo nice! That'll be just in time for me to level my Dark Iron Dwarf and my Mag'Har Orc (hopefully). Awesome!

11/07/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Thelmara
I'd be curious to compare the XP needed before the 7.3.5 changes for the 60-80 range to now... wonder if they're back to where they started?

Here's a link to a previous chart on Wowhead comparing 7.0, 7.3 and 8.0.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=286049/new-experience-values-for-leveling-hotfix-nerf

Thanks friend! This definitely makes me more driven towards getting those new allied races.
now if they would just replace heirlooms with a 100% xp tabard, we'd be golden.
It was badly needed, with levels feeling as empty as they do now for various reasons and the mob scaling mechanic for quest zones, there's no need for leveling to be such a long, uninteractive slog in this day and age. Especially with the proposal of BFA being alt friendly.

I finally can level characters again without getting bored to tears.
To quote Ben Shapiro: "Okay, this is epic"
11/07/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Yasudra
now if they would just replace heirlooms with a 100% xp tabard, we'd be golden.

I actually welcome this change.

“Tabard of the Seasoned Adventurer”

Unlocked at MAX LEVEL (like Heirlooms used to be)

“Increases experience gained by 75%”
11/07/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Thelmara
Check WoWhead.

Up to 40% XP reduction needed to level starting in 8.1. Holy crap.

I will believe it when I see it happen!
11/07/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Covin
AHAHAHA all that defending their slow downs and all those threads of people saying slow was better, and then this gets quietly snuck in. Thats great.

I didn't mind the leveling changes one bit with 7.3.5. I'm also aware, however, that the system wasn't perfect. In the end I don't mind the reduction though.
Let me be the first to say that this upcoming change brought me back to the game. Resubbed just now and will be working on unlocking Dark Irons and Mag'hars for the next month. I also have toons of the four allied races from Legion all waiting to level up, so if Blizz comes through with this XP reduction in 8.1, they're going to get a lot of /played time out of me.
11/07/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Wikir
I guess dwindling subs have forced their hand on this issue. I don't know anyone bothering to level a character this whole expac.

Im on my 20 .Yeah I need help.
This is very good news!

I still kind of wish we could get a EXP % reduction account-wide based off the number of max level characters you have tbh.
yay i'll be tanking for you all real soon!!!!
11/07/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Scylliana
That one post we had at 1000+ pages finally made it's way through.

A feedback made it to the game devs!
I am very glad they have not ignored this XP issue since 7.3.5. I think this is great. I also think they should make Heirlooms great again. :D i accept this continued progress. Thanks Blizz. Will definitely wait to 8.1 before leveling the remaining allied races.
Not thrilled about it. I would have preferred they just buff XP gains from heirlooms. Some of us like levelling and aren't in a rush.
Hope it's true. I might level another alt. I completely stopped after they did the last change that made it so long and tedious.