XP reduction across the board, largest at 60...

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
11/07/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Kathree
11/07/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Antitheists

I won't hold it against you, but I am comparing the pre-nerf leveling to 8.1.0 potential leveling.

Wowhead is comparing 7.3.5 nerfed leveling to 8.1.0 PTR leveling which is what people have complained about.

If you read my post you would understand that a more pointed comparison is the one I am making, seeing how quick it will be compared to the "fastest" leveling time during Legion and before.

Thus, it is fast, real fast. Faster than the fastest time for most of the leveling except between 20-39 range where it is slower. But after that over 8.6million experience faster than even the fastest time before.

You may want to read the post before thinking you can criticize it appropriately.

Pointing out that your figures vary from another set of figures is discussion, not criticism. I'm open to the possibility that the Wowhead figures could be incorrect.

Going by Wowhead figures, comparing prenerfed, (7.0.3) figures with projected 8.0.1 figures, leveling will still be slowed from level 10 to level 60.

I compared the 8.1.0 figures to the figures you linked for 7.0.3.

My figures are 100% correct, you are just confused as to what I was showing, which I explained clearly in my post.
i do like that
Yeah, so, if Blizz could release 8.1 a month early that would be great, thanks.
11/07/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Wikir
I guess dwindling subs have forced their hand on this issue. I don't know anyone bothering to level a character this whole expac.
I've leveled 8 :x regret in full motion now
Honestly felt like, mobs scaling to yiur level slowed it down. I remember blowing up mobs, and finishing a quest in 5 mins to kill 20 mobs.

Guess it helps us learn the class?
11/07/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Ameghan
Not thrilled about it. I would have preferred they just buff XP gains from heirlooms. Some of us like levelling and aren't in a rush.

I think you can go to the PVP twink NPC in town and freeze your exp at any time. Have fun.
that 110 to 111 jump tho, oof.
Only took them 9 months to realize their mistake after adamantly defending it as better for the game. And I bet we get zero communication on why this is changing. Except we know the answer to that even if they don't want to own their screw up. They were trying to artificially inflate the hours subscribers play by vastly increasing leveling time with the introduction of allied races. And it bit them in the !@# and caused people to unsub.
This is great news! I wasn't ever going to level a new character again but now I will with this patch! =D

Now all Blizzard needs to do is unlock flying for a nice bonus.
11/07/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Covin
AHAHAHA all that defending their slow downs and all those threads of people saying slow was better, and then this gets quietly snuck in. Thats great.

Nothing slow about current leveling, but they do need to cater to the the lazy.
now bring back heirlooms to its glory days and wow will be heading the right direction.
OOOH I HOPE IT IS TRUE! I'LL HAVE MY MAX 50 TOONS ON THIS ACCOUNT BEFORE NEXT SUMMER IS HERE ! (well not quite but soon!)
11/07/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Degame
now bring back heirlooms to its glory days and wow will be heading the right direction.

Ehhh nah I will just take the 40% exp reduction needed to level. Don't want to be too greedy or we will get a 50% exp increase in exp needed to level.
11/07/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Zkon
To quote Ben Shapiro: "Okay, this is epic"

I do like a Ben Shapiro reference.
Yea? They made 95% of the available content more faceroll and less engaging than it already was. Great for those that want it I guess. Crap to me who hasn’t really experienced it for more than year and would love a more engaging open world game with as much content as WoW could have if it wasn’t nerfed to easy mode.
The loss of subs must be greater then I thought. This is a right step but no sense leveling alts when the classes are in the shape they are
Amazing- I'm so glad I only leveled 3 heroes to 120 rather than every class. This might motivate me to do the others, and maybe even my allied races.

Good choice Blizz.
11/07/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Yesitsmyalt
So much for finishing Plaguelands...

You can still finish. Nothing says you have to move on.

The plaguelands are still my all time favorite zone in the game.
11/07/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Djarro
Yea? They made 95% of the available content more faceroll and less engaging than it already was. Great for those that want it I guess. Crap to me who hasn’t really experienced it for more than year and would love a more engaging open world game with as much content as WoW could have if it wasn’t nerfed to easy mode.

You have choices if you want to sit in old outdated content with no one. Turn off xp. Take off heirlooms. Hell, you don't even have to leave when the xp stops rolling in. Keep doing that "challenging content" (ahahahahahaha that's such a ridiculous claim with an implied insult thrown in) if that's what entertains you.
I'm just hoping this is going to live, that they aren't gonna be like "Oh, we just made those changes to make doing things on the PTR easier" or something like that. I've felt like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football often enough lately.