Blizzard/Activision share holder call

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
11/08/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Raicolette
It will not receive good rating though.

Sure, I also predict there will be a lot of zero-bombing on metacritic going on.
Eh. It's a popular franchise with a big name company behind it. It probably will do well at first. I just wonder if it will do well over a longer period of time. Mobile games are a huge market, but a lot of the people who are really into mobile games don't really have the same dedication (for lack of a better word) that console and PC gamers do.
It will be well received, just not by us. I can't stand Mobile gaming, but apparently for every person that's like me there's 20 who do like the crappy world of mobile gaming and are willing to just throw crap tons of money at it.
11/08/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Arazlok
Just said they believe Diablo Immortal will be well received overall. These people are so out of touch with their fan base.

Regardless of PC players hating the idea if you think this won't do well you are the one who is out of touch. Learn what a vocal minority is.
11/08/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Ughash
11/08/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Snowfox
I guess we'll see.

Let's say it does do well though, are we going to get a flood of people coming here going "lol I was wrong, they're raking it in!"

I ... doubt it.
I don’t think it’s going to do good even if it is good. Fan base is upset (as am I because Diablo made me buy a PC just to play it). And mobile has a terrible name to it, people are going to hate and tear that game apart (people like me) no matter what <3.

What’s gonna happen if it is good, some weird cult following will evolve and us pc guys will be left in the dust still screaming that blizzard sold out.

You can hate the idea all you want. That will not take away from profits which mobile has proven to be very successful in. WoW players are so simple minded.
11/08/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Snowfox
I guess we'll see.

Let's say it does do well though, are we going to get a flood of people coming here going "lol I was wrong, they're raking it in!"

I ... doubt it.
I don’t think it’s going to do good even if it is good. Fan base is upset (as am I because Diablo made me buy a PC just to play it). And mobile has a terrible name to it, people are going to hate and tear that game apart (people like me) no matter what <3.

What’s gonna happen if it is good, some weird cult following will evolve and us pc guys will be left in the dust still screaming that blizzard sold out.
That’s really the bottom line.

Blizzard isn’t the first once-great gaming company to say, “You know what guys? It’s time to fatten those wallets”. And at the end of the day they’re going to do what they think will make them richer no matter what we say.

They’ll only start listening if they fail spectacularly and Hearthstone has proven to them that there’s a low-effort, high-yield market out there.

And let’s be real for a second- if you were Blizzard, wouldn’t you be waiting with impatience for the first opportunity to ditch your overly emotional psycho fanbase for a quieter, more profitable market?

Time will tell, but very little we do will impact it.
Problem with Mobile games is they have a relatively short life span. after a few months and once the Whales hit it , people move on. It is for a quick cash grab
I think the important thing to keep in mind with shareholder calls is that they're not talking to us. They're talking to the investment community. Nearly 80% of ATVI is held by hedge funds and institutional investors. That's who they're talking to with these calls.

These calls are reflections on where the company currently is and guidance for how the company feels it will perform in the future.

As mentioned earlier, this isn't the audience you tell "hey we're releasing a new game that's going to take a nose dive." And a single new mobile game isn't where they're hanging the company's hopes and dreams for the next year.
Yeah I sure love WoW!
11/08/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Arazlok
Just said they believe Diablo Immortal will be well received overall. These people are so out of touch with their fan base.

It doesn't matter how it is received, just how much they make on microtransactions.
It will do well overall.
Honestly, I think Immortal is going to do really well once people get past the undue hate it got simply for not being Diablo 4.

If the game is good, it deserves to be successful regardless of platform. Time will tell if that's the case.
11/08/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Snowfox
11/08/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Raicolette
It will not receive good rating though.

Sure, I also predict there will be a lot of zero-bombing on metacritic going on.

Will it run on my Nokia 2100?
11/08/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Snowfox
... I don’t think it’s going to do good even if it is good. Fan base is upset (as am I because Diablo made me buy a PC just to play it). And mobile has a terrible name to it, people are going to hate and tear that game apart (people like me) no matter what <3.

My prediction is it will come out, to massive complaining from us and diablo players, then rake in billions.
Exactly! I do wish it fails horribly.
You guys realize this is bad news for us... right?

Blizzard's mantra: "It's done when its done."

Blizzards inherited mantra from activision: "Its done when we reach our deadline."

Blizzard, please for the love of god go back to your old mantra. I would rather wait an extra 6 months for a high quality game than a release of new content with tons of bugs.

I will say this though. To the people on this thread. This is very bad news for us. WoW has lived longer than it should have. The company's share price tanking coinciding with the subscription amount reducing will take away some of the resources being directed at the game we love. WoW is big enough and there are loyal enough people that this game will keep going for a while still.
In the Asian market? Oh yeah, they'll eat it up. Here? Probably not quite as much.
Read between the lines. That Diablo immoral will make a bunch of money. The micro-transactions will bring in hundred of millions of dollars a year.