Alliance feels dead

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Like I keep saying. Alliance is so bad off because the playerbase and the devs have memed it to death.
11/10/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Erelir
You’re about the millionth person to point out this issue without including a solution.

Everyone knows there’s a disparity in population/participation.

What should be done? Buff racial abilities? Give more love to alliance lore?

Don’t shoot me for saying it, but High Elves.

Two of my friends play horde exclusively for BE’s. they have said repeatedly that they would switch if HE’s were a thing.

Unfortunately I think blizzard screwed that up by giving us void elves out of nowhere. Sure some people like void elves but had they given us high elves I think you would have seen a shift in some of the population.

And a lot less B’ing and C’ing on the forums.
Do the alliance ever stop complaining or crying? "There's not enough of us in warmode. This is the hordes fault"

just stop-- literally on my server all I see are alliance in warmode (and unflagged horde) so this seems to be an imbalance in general based on what servers you're with, but when has WOW ever been balanced?

How about you just man-up already? I remember playing this game way back in vanilla with 4000 total horde on my server vs 18-20k alliance pop, and I don't remember screaming and blaming them for it. We had to figure out a way to overcome the odds and it went on and on until wrath.

This is just something that happens when people make their own decisions; you'll never get even 50-50 warmode and if that's what you're talking about, well then I guess your going to be crying yourself for the rest of an eternity.

Put your money where your mouth is and quit already
11/10/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Natashha
work on professions

competitive alliance endgame
11/10/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Yasudra

so you're saying the war party that just ganked me as I arrived at my FP was Horde? I got ganked by my own faction? So weird....and untrue.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

he said there are no alliance in war mode.

but there are alliance in war mode.

further, while there may be more horde than alliance, the balance isn't as bad as some thing. in addition, most of the imbalance can be attributed by alliance folks having a single bad experience early on and then never wanting to go back in WM.

If the alliance would just go WM instead of complaining about the imbalance, there would be even less of an imbalance.
11/10/2018 04:44 AMPosted by Araaen
Alliance is fine, stop whining. Nothing is wrong!

No, but seriously, faction imbalance is a huge issue. I think its far worse now than it was back in vanilla when they inentionally added bloodelves onto the horde in a desperate attempt to boost horde playerbase. Maybe its about time they did something similar to boost Alliance incentive? like buff some of the weak alliance side racials?

Cough *High Elves* Cough
Maybe I just don’t understand the whole high elf angle but is the knowledge that you’d be playing one enough to make you want to switch to alliance?

When you’re looking at your character from behind it would look like a blood elf, and if you have your helmet on and your face hidden you could be a velf or a belf. It’s not like it would introduce a new model. If you wanted to you could play your velf right now and RP as a high elf
I know at least six people IRL that have said they would resub/faction change if we had high elves, and another handful of people on my friends list as well.

But honestly, regardless of how, I don't think the devs really care about helping alliance #s, considering they (and most of the playerbase) treat the alliance like a !@#$%^- joke. They will just joke and harass and generally *!@# on the alliance playerbase until it's too late, which it might already be, who knows.
Tastty

It would really help your cause if you could show those figures. Company want changed in less evidence points to needed a changed. That seem the core problem. To get changed you need to more than say it fact? you need evidence top support it.

need to be better than some sight. this one has alliance 50 to hoard 49 in us and eu. The reason why they count all characters and not accounts.

https://realmpop.com/us.html
https://realmpop.com/eu.html

see that long lever along the bottom of the piechart section? it has two silver arrows on it. one at level 0 and one at level 120. move the arrow on the left (the one at level 0) over to level 120. it shows alliance is at 45.3% and horde at 54.7% at level 120.
Yo.

i'm in warmode and lovin it.
Give the allies blood elves problem solved

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

he said there are no alliance in war mode.

but there are alliance in war mode.

further, while there may be more horde than alliance, the balance isn't as bad as some thing. in addition, most of the imbalance can be attributed by alliance folks having a single bad experience early on and then never wanting to go back in WM.

If the alliance would just go WM instead of complaining about the imbalance, there would be even less of an imbalance.

Blizzard themselves have acknowledged a large disparity in the amount of ally Vs horde in WM and inertia is a huge problem. The way the sharding works guarantees some of the players from the alliance will be significantly out numbered. So those people get sick of being unable to finish their WQs without a large group and they turn WM off. This caused a snowball effect where the fewer people left just keep turning it off to the point where there is no reason to even turn it on anymore unless you have a group specifically for wpvp. It's to the point that they only way the problem can be fixed is if Blizzard implements far stricter matchmaking on the WM shards. I.E. only allow even numbers on either side or only allow groups Vs other groups in WM.
11/10/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Torg
Do the alliance ever stop complaining or crying? "There's not enough of us in warmode. This is the hordes fault"

This is a consistent Horde complaint on these forums, not Alliance. This was one of the points the OP (Horde player) brought up.

Put your money where your mouth is and quit already

Many of us have, which is something else the OP brought up. Horde players are not seeing many of us around, because many of us are not around anymore for them to see us. My sub is up in 16 days, and I'm just perusing the forums. Hell... After Blizzcon, I uninstalled every Blizzard game on my system. Diablo's muck up, was the final canary to die in the mine shaft for many of us.

It's all yours mate. Lock the gate when you leave.
11/10/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Nippysmilk
Give the allies blood elves problem solved

The Silver Covenant are High Elves, not Blood Elves...
11/10/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Grumbles
11/10/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Lillyann
I don't play in warmode and all I see are orange names. I think i found where they're all hidden.

It's because the sharding system is borked beyond belief. Much like CRZ.. and phasing lol.

Cookies for all!

Crz needed to go a long time ago! It's lazy and ruins communities.
11/10/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Angel

Unfortunately I think blizzard screwed that up by giving us void elves out of nowhere.

And the future may or may not get better or worse depending on how much Aunt Blizz and the horde decide to continue to imagine that we are just a comic relief!

As for allied races, can we wait for Sethraks for Ally? Perhaps!
But many Horde players prefer that we have mechagnomes, while the horde receives Vulperas!

Well, that would be the same thing for Ally to receive High Elves and the Horde behold with Sporeggar!

Do you really think something like an April fools would be something that would please ally? Or would you bring more players to ally?

What if something would excite members of the alliance to play more?
For me, Sethrak will be the only relevant thing happening with Alliance, related to the Allied Race!

Sure some people like void elves but

Voidbelves are an placehold/placebo! But give a good laugh to the Horde!
Voidbelves will never have the same importance as High Elves has for Alliance and will always be a reminder that we do not have High Elves and yes, spare tire!

Something borrowed from the horde!
Something blue!
11/10/2018 04:15 AMPosted by Wtfbrew
Horde has about four times as many keystones listed in LFG

There is no alliance in Warmode

Far less alliance raiding guilds

Not much Alliance Qing for BGs

You're on Stormrage according to Wow guild progress alliance are the top 213 raiding guilds and there's one horde guild at 214 then more alliance guilds the next horde guild is 256th ranking on your server.
11/10/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Erelir
You’re about the millionth person to point out this issue without including a solution.

Everyone knows there’s a disparity in population/participation.

What should be done? Buff racial abilities? Give more love to alliance lore?

Two of my friends play horde exclusively for BE’s. they have said repeatedly that they would switch if HE’s were a thing.

Unfortunately I think blizzard screwed that up by giving us void elves out of nowhere. Sure some people like void elves but had they given us high elves I think you would have seen a shift in some of the population.

And a lot less B’ing and C’ing on the forums.

Dont know if high elves are the solution, or at least the only solution. It would raise population of the Alliance, sure, but would it raise the amount of high end pvp/pvers? People complain about horde racials, but the only one that is overpowered is the BE one, and its just OP in mythic plus and zul (seriously, a racial mass dispel? whose brilliant idea was that). Outside of that, it is actually one of the weakest ones for raw dps according to sims.

I mean, i play as undead. DPS wise my racials is middle of the pack.

Now ask me when was the list time i used will of the forsaken? Answer? no idea because its probably been years.

There is a problem for the alliance, but the problem is a self fulfilling prophecy other than horde has better X. People join the horde because...more people are joining the horde, making a more compelling case for other people to join the horde. Hell, we can see real life examples of this, Urban flight, urban decay, white flight.

Maybe give a high elf customization option for void elves would be an easy compromise (rather than two separate races), but i think it is more important for blizzard to give free faction transfers to the alliance.

Which will never happen because blizzard does not want to give up that sweet cash.

Also, the BE racial needs to be a ST purge.
Does this mean I'm Alliance now?

Woo Hoo!

Golram Horde Bias!
My Racials Suck!
You kids get off my Lawn!