Harassment. No help from Blizzard.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
@seyliah, op is talking about 3 people. so i would imagine if they are creating numerous alts and stuff and the op's ignore list is full from all of them then that would get things started as you can't do anything beyond that. but yes, if it's really bad stuff i'm sure blizzard will do something. but if op and guildys just getting called names then...they kinda should grow a thicker skin? js. 0o

op, look into the "silence" penalty. nothing like being on blizzard's radar to get people to behave.

oh op is on proudmoore. isn't proudmoore very friendly lol? i know it's high pop and lgbt friendly.
11/10/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Setkhan
Tell your guild members to ignore them if they are bothered and move on with your lives.

You don’t solve problems by segregation, you just create more problems.
11/10/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Echani
We've done this. It's been going on for months.

We're at the point where we're considering calling the police. If it had been a case of trolling over a week or two we'd have shrugged it off.

Honestly, we're at our wit's end here.

I feel for you. Just think how bad this was in "Classic". It was horrible, and it was done just because of your guilds name, players names, their race, gender, and other factors that had zero to do with in game behavior.

But as stated, do not reply to them at all, and keep taking SS of trade chat and other instances of them doing this to your members and the guild as a whole. Then send in tickets until you get to someone who can finally do something for you.

GL.
Just meet up and PVP, IRL.
11/10/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Wariya
11/10/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Setkhan
Tell your guild members to ignore them if they are bothered and move on with your lives.

You don’t solve problems by segregation, you just create more problems.

Why deliberately mislead with a heated term? Segregation is when an authoritative power uses force to separate you and I. That's not what ignore does. Ignore is like me building a fence between our properties to keep you from entering mine. You are still free to go anywhere else, but my property is mine.
11/10/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Echani
Hello,

I'd like to know what steps I and my guild can take to stop the ongoing harassment from a group of people on our server.

We've been the targets of bullying, name calling, inappropriate sexual innuendo and more over the past few months. We've tried placing these individuals on ignore, but then they just move on to harassing the next of our guild members who haven't placed them on ignore yet.

This is targeted and malicious attack against my guilds members is causing many of us to consider quitting the game and moving to a new MMORPG.

We've put in tickets and have received the same "copy and paste" response from Blizzard employees about the ignore feature. This doesn't solve the problem as these individuals circumvent the ignore by creating new characters or by attacking new guild members.

We've been told to try and ignore these people and we have. It does not work. They attack us in private messages, in general and trade chat. They insult us on a personal basis and our guild in general.

We're on a lower population server and have been trying to recruit people to our Mythic Raid team, and I've had applicants decide against joining us after seeing the trolling and harassment that goes on from these individuals.

Do we need to phone the police to have something done? We have had enough of being targets and victims. We just want to play the game in peace.

I currently have a ticket in with screen shots of examples of the harassment committed against their current target.

Help us, Blizzard.

Edit: My topic on the Customer Support form was deleted almost immediately. So I am assuming I should have posted somewhere else. If a Blue could move this to the correct forum, rather than deleting the thread I'd appreciate it.

I decided to post on the forums because the in game ticket service has been ineffective in helping us resolve this issue. Calling Blizzard has also proven to be ineffective.

We need help with this.

Put the lot of 'em on "ignore" and fuggedaboutit. They will tire of not being responded to and go away, eventually.
Spam Blizzard with reports every time they harass you. Every comment they make, hit that report button and eventually Blizzard will do something. Don't leave and give up. If you guys really like playing this game, then don't let other people determine what games you can or cannot play.

The only real solution I see to this is to keep on reporting every time they harass you. Eventually their character names are going to become familiar to customer support, and they will eventually ban them or give them some other consequence.
As my dear sweet granny used to say, "Smiðr, ye tosser, if ye have a problem, ye probably are teh problem."

Cause and effect; we know the effect, but what's the cause? You sound to me like someone playing the victim card, and probably totally ignoring that it might be people in your guild who are the problem. Long term harassment of an entire guild isn't just something that happens for no reason.

#smellslikefish

edit: ah thanks Romanna, guild split...
The thing is you have to 100% add them to ignore and NEVER remove them, then you can not even try in any way to contact them. Even new members need to be informed of this issue, then you need to have all who are being harassed submit tickets. Take screen shots, get dates, times, names, etc. Blizz punishment system is an escalation one, so its slowly goes up in severity with every legit report made. I had almost the same issue, the thing is this takes time for the GM's to sort out and hand down punishment to them...and again it will be steeper each time, be patient and I am sure you will get the help needed!
11/10/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Romanna
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a moment.

Out of the blue, for no reason, an entire guild decided to target your guild with weeks and months of constant harassment?

Why?

What are you not telling us?

Let's play blame the victim. /rollseyes
11/10/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Kypookins
11/10/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Echani

Three of them are former members of our guild who didn't like our old raid leader (who isn't even playing WoW anymore). They left and formed another guild and have been harassing us ever since.

Ah, there it is.

But still, someone must be reacting to them. You might not even know who is reacting, in your guild. They HAVE to be getting something out of what they are doing, otherwise (like at least one person said) they'd get bored of it. Their original target is not even around, you say.

He quit the game for work related reasons. He's gone, doesn't even log into Discord anymore.
11/10/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Smiðr
Cause and effect; we know the effect, but what's the cause?
She did answer this question, somewhere around page three. Essentially, there was a split in their guild and the ones that left have become a plague upon those who remained.

OP, if you amend your initial post with a short version of this it might help from derailing the thread every time a new page is added.

Dang. Took me three edits to spell plague the right way.
11/10/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Kalorea
Let's play blame the victim. /rollseyes
Nope. But thank you for reading only one page of a four page thread and responding in a completely inaccurate and silly fashion so we can all ignore your input while grown ups are talking.
11/10/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Arathian
@seyliah, op is talking about 3 people. so i would imagine if they are creating numerous alts and stuff and the op's ignore list is full from all of them then that would get things started as you can't do anything beyond that. but yes, if it's really bad stuff i'm sure blizzard will do something. but if op and guildys just getting called names then...they kinda should grow a thicker skin? js. 0o

op, look into the "silence" penalty. nothing like being on blizzard's radar to get people to behave.

oh op is on proudmoore. isn't proudmoore very friendly lol? i know it's high pop and lgbt friendly.

We're not on proudmoore. I'm posting from an alt to hopefully not provide these people with any incentive to continue this behavior.
I was wondering what kind of people irl would devote themselves to harassing people in an mmorpg over a few months.

The only thing blizz can do is ban them. Which won't stop them. They can create numerous accounts if they are that determined.

I don't think the police will take you seriously unless your real life is threatened though. Also depends on your country.
Lets call a spade a spade here and say...

Blizzard does not give a flying fart about these issues.

If they did they would make a account wide to account wide ignore feature over a cap of 50.

So lets just be real here.

Thanks. Better off calling the cops.
11/10/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Echani

We need help with this.

i can help!
do silly things. get on a mage, teleport yourself or your whole guild around. log off and on different chars that aren't in guild, go in instanced places. make 'em work. bore 'em to tears while they wait for ya. go on different faction characters. hehe

if that doesn't help, send 'em my way. Hypêrspace @ dalaran server. tell 'em i'm your big sister and i'm mad at them or whatever you think will make 'em detach from you.
11/10/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Snowfox
11/10/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Romanna
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a moment.

Out of the blue, for no reason, an entire guild decided to target your guild with weeks and months of constant harassment?

Why?

What are you not telling us?

Doesn't matter.

That blame is still on the guild harassing.

^ It doesn't matter why someone decides to break the rules listed in the Code of conduct. If I tell you to go $#%& yourself, it doesn't matter why I said that, it would still be me breaking a rule I agreed to follow.

Tbh I think Blizz needs to stop with the "There's an ignore feature". Because 1) people know about it and use it and 2) there's also a code of conduct we all signed and agreed to follow. Part of the job of the CoC is to tell us we won't have to deal with that nonsense because it's not allowed here.

But it is allowed here. Most of the reason people act like such jerks in this game is there's nobody to tell them they can't. There's no enforced rules on how you act or what you say. You get a free pass to act in a way that you can't in normal society. They don't enforce their own code of conduct, so people just act like scumbags here. Who's going to say they can't when the adults in charge don't care as long as they keep spending that $15 a month.
11/10/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Echani
11/10/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Kypookins

Ah, there it is.

But still, someone must be reacting to them. You might not even know who is reacting, in your guild. They HAVE to be getting something out of what they are doing, otherwise (like at least one person said) they'd get bored of it. Their original target is not even around, you say.

He quit the game for work related reasons. He's gone, doesn't even log into Discord anymore.

This doesn't mean he left it means you can't view him.If they circumvent the ignore by using their alts. then Blizzard would intervene with a warning,and in time if more evidences is presented that they are continuing it could be a ban and i'm sure they do know that.
\
11/10/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Echani

We're at the point where we're considering calling the police.

911 Please state your emergency...