Harassment. No help from Blizzard.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
speak in different languages.
be unconventiional. creative. use yer noggin.
11/10/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Echani
Hello,

I'd like to know what steps I and my guild can take to stop the ongoing harassment from a group of people on our server.

Hello,

Welcome to the real world.

Right-click, report, and ignore the messages.

- Life
no hablar inglés :D
I know it sounds dumb, but ignoring them really is the best option. I have a lot of experience with online haters, and I have yet to meet one who is willing to continue howling into the void of my “other” folder for much longer than a week.

You respond, you’re giving them what they want and prolonging the encounter as a result. You don’t kill a troll by feeding it.

What you REALLY want from Blizzard is some kind of acknowledgement that the people who have angered you will be punished, and in that case, it’s not really about the harassment, it’s about your own personal sense of justice.

Nobody wastes weeks or months of their time harassing some random on the internet who never responds.
The amount of "well wut did you do to cause this lmao" is disgusting and makes me ashamed to play WoW.

Hey, OP, maybe you should have covered up more and stayed away from dark alleys.
11/10/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Echani
Hello,

I'd like to know what steps I and my guild can take to stop the ongoing harassment from a group of people on our server.

We've been the targets of bullying, name calling, inappropriate sexual innuendo and more over the past few months. We've tried placing these individuals on ignore, but then they just move on to harassing the next of our guild members who haven't placed them on ignore yet.

This is targeted and malicious attack against my guilds members is causing many of us to consider quitting the game and moving to a new MMORPG.

We've put in tickets and have received the same "copy and paste" response from Blizzard employees about the ignore feature. This doesn't solve the problem as these individuals circumvent the ignore by creating new characters or by attacking new guild members.

We've been told to try and ignore these people and we have. It does not work. They attack us in private messages, in general and trade chat. They insult us on a personal basis and our guild in general.

We're on a lower population server and have been trying to recruit people to our Mythic Raid team, and I've had applicants decide against joining us after seeing the trolling and harassment that goes on from these individuals.

Do we need to phone the police to have something done? We have had enough of being targets and victims. We just want to play the game in peace.

I currently have a ticket in with screen shots of examples of the harassment committed against their current target.

Help us, Blizzard.

Edit: My topic on the Customer Support form was deleted almost immediately. So I am assuming I should have posted somewhere else. If a Blue could move this to the correct forum, rather than deleting the thread I'd appreciate it.

I decided to post on the forums because the in game ticket service has been ineffective in helping us resolve this issue. Calling Blizzard has also proven to be ineffective.

We need help with this.

I dont believe a word of this and neither should anyone else.
Blizz DOES not allow harassment. When you report it they look at the chat logs and if its against TOS then a suspension is issued. Anyone that believes this bunk is wrong.

Police for alleged harassment in a video game??? Come on!! They got more important things to deal with. I guarantee you blizzard Gms looked at the logs and found nothing against TOS ot they would have banned someone.
11/10/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Romanna
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a moment.

Out of the blue, for no reason, an entire guild decided to target your guild with weeks and months of constant harassment?

Why?

What are you not telling us?

Ya this whole thing smells of bs, not even the most hardcore trolls go on consistent months long harassment for no reason. But we won't learn the whole story from OP so I have no sympathy.
I'd like to know more about this whole story.

Doesn't seem normal that an entire server turns against your guild. Maybe you're not all that pristine yourself.

Never heard of anyone wasting that much time trolling a single guild. Ignore them, block them, it should be just enough.

FYI: Provoking people and then complaining about harassment when they answer back is not "harassment".
11/10/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Tixi
The amount of "well wut did you do to cause this lmao" is disgusting and makes me ashamed to play WoW.

Hey, OP, maybe you should have covered up more and stayed away from dark alleys.

At what point does personal responsibility enter the equation? If I live in a bad neighborhood and I decided to put a nice shiny gold statue on display, it would not surprise anyone if that statue was stolen. Yes, the thieves are guilty for stealing it, but I also bear responsibility for not taking measures to secure my property.
I have no advice to give, but I've been targeted by some serious harassment in the game before, and it's apparently really easy to get a whole guild of people involved in targeting a person or group. Tribal mentalities in video games can get really out of control. I sympathize and hope it gets easier for your guild soon.
As someone who went through something kinda like this, I'm willing to bet your harassers have an alt or three in your guild stoking the fire.

Keep up the /ignores, DON'T EVER RESPOND, and keep sending in tickets. Use words like "ongoing harassment" and "circumventing the ignore system".

Overall, your sanity is more important, the time may come when you need to move on. Either to another game or just to another server/faction/whatever. Whatever you choose, good luck. ♥
you could contact support but chances are they'll simply ask you to delete your wtf/addons folders along with your cache.
11/10/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Tixi

Why? Why are you disgusted and ashamed?

You're just going to foolishly believe anything someone tells you without knowing both sides of the story?

Do you have siblings? Ever heard of a brother/sister hitting you and then going to cry to your mom when you hit them back? That's how people are seeing this. The whole thing is wayyy too dramatic to be realistic. There's something OP is not saying. Nobody just gets attacked randomly out of the blue for months on end for no reason.
11/10/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Kolgait
Nobody just gets attacked randomly out of the blue for months on end for no reason.

i mean some serial killers pick their victims at random.
i wouldn't be surprised if gang-stalking could happen on a random in a game.
11/10/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Kypookins
You don't mention how, or why, this started?

To be completely frank, no one here needs to know what happened that caused this harassment. It is no one's business but the OP's. Whether or not their guild did something to earn this harassment, they don't have to tell you what exactly happened. It's between them and Blizzard at this point. Mind your own business.

OP:
I don't know what happened, and frankly, I don't care. But if these people harass you, even after you've told them to stop communication and /ignored them, then you need to document everything thereafter and send it to Blizzard under a harassment complaint every time it happens.

Posting about it on the general forums is not going to help you at all.
11/10/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Sarynth
11/10/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Kypookins
You don't mention how, or why, this started?

To be completely frank, no one here needs to know what happened that caused this harassment. It is no one's business but the OP's. Whether or not their guild did something to earn this harassment, they don't have to tell you what exactly happened. It's between them and Blizzard at this point. Mind your own business.

OP:
I don't know what happened, and frankly, I don't care. But if these people harass you, even after you've told them to stop communication and /ignored them, then you need to document everything thereafter and send it to Blizzard under a harassment complaint every time it happens.

Posting about it on the general forums is not going to help you at all.

When you start posting stuff like this in a public forum, you can't start telling people to "mind their own business".
11/10/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Kolgait
Nobody just gets attacked randomly out of the blue for months on end for no reason.
OP gave their reason a few pages back. Guild split. Bad feelings. Etc.

To OP:

I read this entire thread (as tough as it was to stomach some of the ignorance). The best advice is to continue ignoring the harassers and report every. single. incident. Reopen your tickets and say the harassers are circumventing the ignore feature by making new alts. Make sure no one in your guild is responding to them in any way.

If they are making ANY form of real life threat, report it as such. Immediately. Again, DO NOT engage them in ANY way. Report. Amend your tickets. Do NOT relent. DO NOT RESPOND OR ENGAGE.

You can do this. Don't give up.