Harassment. No help from Blizzard.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
World of Warcraft is Rated Teen, you are expected to have the mentality of a teenager.

Which means the ability to handle online bullying, foul language, and sexual innuendos.

Clearly, World of Warcraft is beyond your maturity level.
Sorry this happened op, but I think the takeaway here is
When they try to harass nobody in your guild responds to them.
If they circumvent the ignore feature, report them, if this doesn't work, report them again.
I don't have any advice, the one time I had a guild stalking me on a pvp server, I opened a ticket and all I got was, there is a pvp solution for your problem. Now at least you aren't on a pvp server, and they can't really do anything to you.
11/10/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Nevergiveup
11/10/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Romanna
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a moment.

Out of the blue, for no reason, an entire guild decided to target your guild with weeks and months of constant harassment?

Why?

What are you not telling us?

Ya this whole thing smells of bs, not even the most hardcore trolls go on consistent months long harassment for no reason. But we won't learn the whole story from OP so I have no sympathy.
Somewhere around the 30th post in this thread the OP explains it is part of a Guild split and the ones who left are harassing the ones who remained. She has a legitimate concern.
Not a legal expert but if enough guildies get to together, have documented proof and what is said is severe enough, could blizzard be sued?

Bullying IS a serious issue.

Blizz's ToS does not supersede the law.

Massive downside is blizz may overreact and ban all the guilies.
11/10/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Echani

We're at the point where we're considering calling the police.

What are the police going to do to someone who is annoying your guildmates? Someone give my man a safe space over here.
we have a game that not only support bully but encourages it(ganking/corpse camping)by a blue on forms. He says it is fun to do and admited he done for hours. There was even one till it blew up on you tub who actually stalked anther player. Showed how he did it. Nothing was done to that person. the videocast pulled in 4 hours by you tub.

You have a hard time believing this person. then you thank they actually do anything to help. Come on even I am not naïve. This game and its company have for years supported this kind of bad behavior. they all same thing: grow a thicker skin.

Cyberbullying or cyberharassment is a form of bullying or harassment using electronic means. Its a mmo were you have people interact. Its consider by law in most states as communication/social sight. yet blizzard always encourage this behavior. Therefore ,never personal understood how they escape from media back lash.
11/10/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Tridiak
Not a legal expert but if enough guildies get to together, have documented proof and what is said is severe enough, could blizzard be sued?

It would not be an over reaction. If people cost Blizzard money via the courts or doing chargebacks then I would expect Blizz to remove them from their place of business.

When things go to court, you start dealing with legal definitions of what "bullying" and "harassment" is. The OP was highly emotive and selective. The courts will cut through that.

Seriously... sue because someone was mean on the internet? Really?
I guess the first question would be what started it? There had to be an event for your entire guild to be ridiculed like that.

Obviously asking people to stop hasn't help based on what you said, nor has ignoring people. So the only actions you have left is to screen shot everything and send it to blizzard, or server xfer

Acting like a jerk is not breaking any legal laws .
You are feeding into what they want, a reaction really. When you don't react, they will escalate and when they do, it'll likely be in a more public forum such as trade or in the world where it is witnessed by third-parties who can report as well.
11/10/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Crapula

It would not be an over reaction. If people cost Blizzard money via the courts or doing chargebacks then I would expect Blizz to remove them from their place of business.

When things go to court, you start dealing with legal definitions of what "bullying" and "harassment" is. The OP was highly emotive and selective. The courts will cut through that.

Seriously... sue because someone was mean on the internet? Really?

Your correct. to a point. Facebook finally got its day in court on one case and lost. This case would not make it. But future cases might. the burden is so high not sure if they could. But that case set precedent.
Yes, I'm sure you guys get harassed and you have never even talked to those people before. You're a completely random target and you did nothing to attract their attention. They have just, for no reason, chosen to target you for months.

Yeah, okay.
11/10/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Werbatim
Yes, I'm sure you guys get harassed and you have never even talked to those people before. You're a completely random target and you did nothing to attract their attention. They have just, for no reason, chosen to target you for months.

Yeah, okay.
OP stated the reason on a post a few pages back. Guild split up. People who left are harassing people who stayed. Parties involved from original guild have all left the game months ago. Losers who split off are harassing players who weren't even in the guild when it all went down.
This is so lol....Grow up, put your big boy pants on and suck it up. Ignore, move on, report if you want. My god people are so fragile now.

I miss barrens chat, you would have never survived.
11/10/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Fearnun
11/10/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Snowfox
I know that when I was getting death threats, some people were like "guess you deserved it"... but I still kind of think that was mostly on the people doing the death threats.

This situation.. not really any different.

You were a green text and have over 80000 posts. Yes, these cases are extremely different. You actually put a target on your back, Asmongold has also laughed at you on stream for your ridiculous naive posts (that's a bad thing but that will obviously make a mob). I'm also guessing Blizzard actually did something.

Snowfox posts in every thread that is made and then if anyone replies to them they claim they are being stalked and harassed. You're best off to put them on ignore. All they want is attention.
11/10/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Tixi
The amount of "well wut did you do to cause this lmao" is disgusting and makes me ashamed to play WoW.

Hey, OP, maybe you should have covered up more and stayed away from dark alleys.

Claiming to be a victim =/= being a victim. I know everyone, including you, wants to have that special attention that victims get but you aren't. Also, covering up and staying away from dark alleys is practical advice. Telling people otherwise is going to end very badly.
You could always get a life and stop worrying about petty things other people do.
There ARE people in this game who are obsessive and make harassment an ongoing thing. Ignoring them doesn’t help. They will make alts and follow you around and really make playing unpleasant.

In my case, I fully admit that I can say provocative, needling things and rub people the wrong way. However, it seems borderline psychotic to continue on making threats and ruining someone’s game-play if they anger you beyond, yanno one play session or so. Normal people might spew insults for a day, mess with someone and then just go on and play the game after putting a person on ignore. It really is just weird to make bugging someone in an MMO your calling in life, lol.

There are some pretty strange people playing this game. Blizzard does need to step in when a person gets obsessive about bugging another player or guild.
11/10/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Xukon
What are police going to do?

They can obtain a warrant(federal or local) for ActiBlizz's customer records of the accounts attached to the names of the characters that performed the harassment, find out the customers' identities then send officers to speak with the people in person or serve a restraining order. That's just a wild guess though.

Semper Fi!
Use the report feature. In the comments state that this is the same person over and over.

if you respond to the harassers in any way, you give them ammunition for a defense.