Wanted to share : Lol/toxicity

General Discussion
So, brand new DH, just dinged lvl 120. As I start the grind into norm dungeons.... just had to share this.

So, I’m on like, my 3rd random dungeon, drops have not been good to me. The tank is a DH. It was a pretty smooth run. We kill the last boss of a dungeon, and a good pc of gear drops for him (good upgrade for me, not sure for him).... so I whispered him, asked if he didn’t need it, could I have it? (I KNOW, he pays for the game, he can do as he sees fit for his drops).

So, he makes sure to send a few emotes, to grab my attention (/point, /laugh, etc)......disenchanted it right in front of me, then disbands.

I actually laughed.....bc the level of savagery is bonkers. He went out of his way to be a legend in his mind.

Just wanted to share.... maybe grab some thoughts, but why lol? Like, why? What was to gain, did he know I would make a glorious post about him? Touché my friend, touché.....

tldr: toxicity for no reason, shows life is still intact on WoW
I don't even bother talking to people if I see an upgrade on alts. It really doesn't matter in the end. There are some exceptionally rare cases and I mean *rare* where someone actually opens a trade with you and you didn't say a word. I've experienced that a couple of times during all my years.

At the end of the day, assuming the person is an enchanter, that disenchant has a value. If they give you the item then they basically give you x amount of gold. You know how greedy people are. Just like in real life you have a few people that are above everyone else. However the majority of players don't care about you or anyone else for that matter, they just want the loot.
11/11/2018 06:12 AMPosted by Imadragon
So, brand new DH, just dinged lvl 120. As I start the grind into norm dungeons.... just had to share this.

So, I’m on like, my 3rd random dungeon, drops have not been good to me. The tank is a DH. It was a pretty smooth run. We kill the last boss of a dungeon, and a good pc of gear drops for him (good upgrade for me, not sure for him).... so I whispered him, asked if he didn’t need it, could I have it? (I KNOW, he pays for the game, he can do as he sees fit for his drops).

So, he makes sure to send a few emotes, to grab my attention (/point, /laugh, etc)......disenchanted it right in front of me, then disbands.

I actually laughed.....bc the level of savagery is bonkers. He went out of his way to be a legend in his mind.

Just wanted to share.... maybe grab some thoughts, but why lol? Like, why? What was to gain, did he know I would make a glorious post about him? Touché my friend, touché.....

tldr: toxicity for no reason, shows life is still intact on WoW

And the best part you are probably still out dpsing everyone because of how your class is.
Best to not take it personally. Gaming in general has bred more childish behavior and lots of misplaced anger.

It's alright to ask politely someone if they don't need the item.

I think if... and not saying you did OP, but some people will harass the individual which is not right. But asking once and politely is at least fair to do.

People will be immature about it and a few might be kind enough to give a simple reply. At the end of the day, best not to have expectations of any civil, friendly demeanor from randoms in this game.
Unfortunately, the profession of enchanting affords the opportunity for Dbags to really act out on their fantasies of punching down on others. I attribute this to their basic inadequacies as people. This is not to say that all enchanters are dbags, just that dbags flock to the profession.
I find it annoying when people ask me if I need it.. When I blatantly don't need that crap gear
Her/his behavior was juvenile but I also get that people don't appreciate others asking for their loot.
I understand both sides of the argument, but thought it was borderline hilarious , and wanted to share :)
He will pay for his transgressions
I don't even see how people have time to ask for gear. Every group I'm in disbands so quickly after the dungeon they're gone before 3 words could be typed.
We need a better gear passing system. Usually, if I have an item I don't need, I just don't have time between pulls to find it in my inventory, link it with the "anyone need" question, then find the player who wants it, then inspect them to see if they really can use it (and don't just plan to vendor for a few gold)
At the end of the run, everyone just disappears before I get a chance to offer it.

Better system: Right click the item or it's name in chat, and pick "Trade it" The system checks all the other players in the group to see who you CAN trade it to, and whether it's an item level upgrade for them, then sends a pop-up that links the gear with buttons for "want it". or "Roll for it" if more than one can use it. The item gets automatically transferred to the winner.

The whole process could be completed in a couple seconds, even while running to the next trash pack.

I suppose an addon could do this, but then everyone would need it for it to work.
I never need the upgrades. I just give it to a random person who has the proficiency. Even if they don't need it. Idc. I am sure they need it more than I.
Nearly everyone that has asked for gear has been polite and I usually give it to them.

I have had people offer gear to me, without me asking, which is always a breath of fresh air. ;). I’ve also had to say no, when I do need the gear and people have been understanding. As much as I’ve experienced my fair share of Jerk Behavior, I’ve not experienced much loot drama.

Whenever I gear my Alts, I just say that I would appreciate any hear not needed at the start of a run and then I don’t bring it up again. Sometimes I get gear and sometimes I don’t.

He was a total jerk and I feel bad for people like that, because they have to spend the rest of their life with themselves. Unfortunately, it’s easier to let the Jerks overshadow that most of this community can be pretty cool. Sorry about your experience.
11/11/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Fugubar
We need a better gear passing system. Usually, if I have an item I don't need, I just don't have time between pulls to find it in my inventory, link it with the "anyone need" question, then find the player who wants it, then inspect the to see if they really can use it (and don't just plan to vendor for a few gold)
At the end of the run, everyone just disappears before I get a chance to offer it.

Better system: Right click the item or it's name in chat, and pick "Trade it" The system checks all the other players in the group to see who you CAN trade it to, and whether it's an item level upgrade for them, then sends a pop-up that links the gear with buttons for "want it". or "Roll for it" if more than one can use it. The item gets automatically transferred to the winner.

The whole process could be completed in a couple seconds, even while running to the next trash pack.

I suppose an addon could do this, but then everyone would need it for it to work.
This is a terrific idea. I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but it would really make things a lot easier.

Heck, I mostly only run with friends, and even then I often forget to see if anyone could use the loot--and they forget to check as well.
It's really just an obnoxious and immature thing to do, I wouldn't neccesarilly call it toxic because all he did was disenchant something you needed. He probably got the appearance from it and didn't like you asking to essentially take that away from him because gearing up to at least 305 is pretty easy. It was still a pretty *@#%*##! move on his part all the same.

Normal dungeons were so first week of BFA that people will ridicule you for running them much less actually needing items from them. I'm sure there are people who only queue up for them to crap on players who still need them.