How real players really feel

General Discussion
11/11/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Hailtofire
Blizzard is ONLY trying to figure out how to make WoW appealing to players while at the same time make as much money as possible off selling gold...so here comes Classic...regular WoW is a token selling machine and Classic will be where you go to actually play the game. Is this good???

11/11/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Hailtofire
They could make money by listening to players and giving them what they want in the game..

Here comes Classic -- an example of them listening to players.

/shrug
I really feel that Blizzard wants WoW to succeed. Its been around for so long. They adjust when ideas turn out not to be as great as they thought they would be. We can even see in armory that they play the game.

Am I doing this thread right? The title seems to indicate that this is a thread for posting our feelings about the game.
11/11/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Spellchaser
So you just learned that this is a for-profit company, OP?

11/11/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Hailtofire
Look...BFA has a 5 million gold mount for one reason and one reason only...to sell tokens...so people spend all their time trying to raise gold for this mount. Meanwhile...lots of things have been removed from the game that people use to enjoy...for example PvP vendors...everything has been dumbed down and reduced to focus on the gold and selling of tokens. I LOVE TOKENS...I don't love a game where the developers have underhandedly designed the game around tokens though.

LOL no.

The people who have that mount bought it with gold they earned in Legion and in WoD.

then why did wow tokens drop 100k and why did i farm 5mill at the start of this expansion to give to my friend so he could buy the mount? naaaab JOCKIN
11/11/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Raabititus
Tokens came as an effort to stop gold sellers, who would hack accounts to bleed them dry and use them as bots. For the most part it worked.

Pathfinder is also a good way to mitigate gather bots. Once the population can fly, a ground pounding bot is less effective.

I can’t understand why so many here bash Blizzard, if you no longer enjoy the game then quit. It’s not rocket science, it basic economics.

They need money to keep the development going. The subs dropped after WotLK and they opened the store in an attempt to recover the loss. I love it, if I get strapped I sell a token. This way I’m not “forced” to play the AH game just to have money for repairs. Don’t like it? Don’t buy or sell tokens.

They could make money by listening to players and giving them what they want in the game...that would increase subs and...….I'm done trying to explain this...lol...like you said "its not rocket science".

Would you listen to people on these forums?

The demands are all over the place and in most cases polar opposites of one another.

Too easy! Too hard! I will quit unless you do (or don’t do) xyz.

It would be like allowing your toddlers set their own rules.
11/11/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Stompypotato

They could make money by listening to players and giving them what they want in the game...that would increase subs and...….I'm done trying to explain this...lol...like you said "its not rocket science".

Would you listen to people on these forums?

The demands are all over the place and in most cases polar opposites of one another.

Too easy! Too hard! I will quit unless you do (or don’t do) xyz.

It would be like allowing your toddlers set their own rules.

That's what happens when you change a game in 5000 different ways over the years instead of preserving each expansion to be enjoyed forever by people that loved it...its called making a mess and creating problems that didn't exist until you "fixed" it...lol...its called mismanagement and working yourself out of business.
While I'm looking forward to classic. Pretty sure Actizzard will find a way(s) to ruin it. WoW nostgalia is a cash cow for Actizzard. There's no way they will resist the urge to milk it as hard as possible.
11/11/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Curzè
There's no way they will resist the urge to milk it as hard as possible.

If they do, are you gonna come back and say thanks?
11/11/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Curzè
While I'm looking forward to classic. Pretty sure Actizzard will find a way(s) to ruin it. WoW nostgalia is a cash cow for Actizzard. There's no way they will resist the urge to milk it as hard as possible.

Ooohhhh.... you’re edgy with your “Actizzard”. I hope I can be a cool guy like you someday...