So why didn't Alliance get to "choose"?

General Discussion
Alliance have a better story that didn't need to be fixed by the devs with a silly choice. We got choice because our story made no sense and needed it.
11/12/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Kathyna
Making Azeroth Great Again! It's what we do here at Alliance

Some "alliance". It's just Humans with a Human King calling the shots from a Human city. The rest are either invisible, insignificant or both.

I dunno. I’ve been farming that mount for a long time now. Still haven’t gotten it.
11/12/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Spiçy
11/12/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Conorn
Either a choice coming in 8.2...or Horde favoritism.

Don’t sell yourself short. You’ll claim favoritism regardless

:D this made me smile.

But I hate you...at the same time.
Why? Every non-human in the Alliance knows their place - at the feet of the High King.
11/12/2018 01:28 AMPosted by Izael
Alliance have a better story that didn't need to be fixed by the devs with a silly choice. We got choice because our story made no sense and needed it.

Technically you could say the same for the Nathanos/Tyrande fight a little bit ago while Tyrande was empowered by Elune. It got fixed because people were angry haha XD
Well, we known from datamining that Sylvanas's "plan" to win the war is to send a recently resurrected and clearly mind-controlled Derek Proudmoore back to the Alliance in hopes that it will get close enough to the Alliance leadership (or at least the Proudmoore's) to kill them.

Maybe we'll have a choice to either except him back, or kill and desecrate the obvious trojan horse and send it back to Sylvanas with a note that says "you're next."

Cause seriously, if the Alliance falls for that obvious trap then there's no depths to how bad the writing can get.
Because your Alliance, you are a after-thought to the main story, which is about the horde.
because alliance is a !@#$ tier race and deserves to be removed mainly cause of female night elve posters
because we can't possibly go against emperor wrynn
11/12/2018 12:52 AMPosted by Shariadore

Ofcourse the other side of the story isnt much better. Humans refuse to aid in rescuing survivors in Darkshore so Tyrande sends in her VERY limited forces to be thinned out even further on a campaign that results in nothing. She would be far better off trying to find a new home for the survivors instead.

[/quote]

Its not jut about finding a new home, that land is sacred to the nightelves, and also the forsaken are defieling the bodys of her fallen people.

And quite frankly, the nightelves should have won. Tyrande + Malfurion is like an army in themselves, and the rallied nightelf forces are fighting on home ground against a small encampment of horde forces lead only by Nathanos, who SHOULD be outmatched heavilly.

I'm of an unpopular opinion where I actually like Nathanos as a character, be making him hold his own in a fight against the likes of Tyrande and Malfurion is rediculous.
11/12/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Moonchìlde
Well, we known from datamining that Sylvanas's "plan" to win the war is to send a recently resurrected and clearly mind-controlled Derek Proudmoore back to the Alliance in hopes that it will get close enough to the Alliance leadership (or at least the Proudmoore's) to kill them.

Maybe we'll have a choice to either except him back, or kill and desecrate the obvious trojan horse and send it back to Sylvanas with a note that says "you're next."

Cause seriously, if the Alliance falls for that obvious trap then there's no depths to how bad the writing can get.

I'm imagining sending a zombie Derek with glue and chicken feathers back to the horde with a note stapled to its chest saying "Your move!" now.
Alliance moral choice:

Vanilla Ice Cream or Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
11/12/2018 01:40 AMPosted by Moonchìlde

Derek isn't being mind controlled, just tortured until he breaks and can be molded into the assassin she wants. He spends the duration of 8.1 strung up on an altar of Bwonsamdi like he's being crucified, crying and begging for his family or for anyone to tell him what's going on.
It's mostly a matter of logistics. The choice for horde amounts to a 'skip scenario' and a little bit of extra text.
For Alliance, making the choice would've involved creating a new quest chain over in Darkshore. That's way more work.
11/12/2018 12:22 AMPosted by Maizou
Genn telling Anduin, I think for the first time, that he believes Anduin made the wrong decision as a leader.

Thank Jeebus. I've never liked Varian or Anduin. They let the chip on their shoulders cloud their judgement. Malfurion for high king.
11/12/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Renouncer
It's mostly a matter of logistics. The choice for horde amounts to a 'skip scenario' and a little bit of extra text.
For Alliance, making the choice would've involved creating a new quest chain over in Darkshore. That's way more work.

How dare the devs do more work for one faction than the other.

Let's just ignore all the times they cut Alliance content because they spent all the time working on Horde quests or zones or whatever and ran out the clock, then had to throw something together last minute.
I am waiting for the key moment when the Nightelves turn their back on Anduin as Sylvanas takes Stormwind as the new Undercity.
This could be that split in the Alliance that is "said" to happen where the Night elves want revenge and Anduin is trying "save" the Alliance, causing political discord between Alliance leadership.
No time to develop stuff for the alliance when the devs and writers are too busy coming up with new quests, events and dialogue lines for the great necroqueen Sylvanas "reeeeeeeee" windrunner.
11/12/2018 12:22 AMPosted by Maizou
Mostly a curiosity. They said they were trying out the whole choice thing with Saurfang and Sylvanas in 8.1.
Because it was a spur-of-the-moment thing. When the quest was datamined people did not like the fact the story was being dictated to them. Especially in light of the fact that since WoD the light has been shining on our respective characters as the "Champion of the {{faction}}".

Second, it's really just a test to see how it plays out. There are ample opportunities to add it on both sides in the future.

And finally, not to you specifically, but the whole "fairness" thing is not tit-for-tat at all times. Sometimes the Horde get the focus such as the lead-up to BfA's launch being more Horde-centric and now with the 8.1 we're seeing a shift to the Alliance's response. This is how arcing works.