So why didn't Alliance get to "choose"?

General Discussion
Honestly did they need a choice ? Do both factions have to have the same story path ?

On one hand, i can understand that Alliance players feel like they are getting the short end of the story stick. Or just being treated like the family member you have to tolerate but don't really care about.

On the other hand, i'm glad that the directions are different for both sides. They should be different so you have to decide whether you want to do the Horde side of things or the Alliance, or both (multiple characters)

Now if you Alliance players are upset and feeling like the horde are getting better treatment, i leave this quote with you

“The only time you should look in your neighbor's bowl is to make sure that they have enough. You don't look in your neighbor's bowl to see if you have as much as them."

Its a quote from Louis C.K and whether or not you agree with the man himself, you have to admit that quote holds value.
Simple really
Anduin disagrees with another leader, he respects there choice.
Sylvanas disagrees with another leader, throws a tantrum and trys to kill them.
Because the option for Horde to choose was only implemented in the first place to appease the Sylvanas fanboys to stop them from crying.
BABYRAGE
11/12/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Felryn
There's actually never been much of an inner conflict with alliance.

Horde has seen a constant divide while Alliance are cheery and buddy-buddy. There's no inner conflict... it's too "perfect" which makes it pretty boring.

Alliance story is really boring this way while the Horde story is too repetitive.

edit:
made a mistake, corrected

You say were boring, you're wrong. Were not going to get lightforged with our leader in future patches to get out of villain batting. Enjoy your edginess while it lasts. The dev's have a plan I think you'll hate, kerrigen 2.0.
11/12/2018 08:18 AMPosted by Spiçy

We’re torn in half between someone who wants all the living to die and a traitor who turned his back on us

The depth of our story is 2inches deep and I’d gladly give it to you if it meant some form of stability amongst our ranks.

Saurfang never turned his back on you. Sylvanas pushed him away and he turned his back on her. But he's still there and still fighting for the horde. He fights for the very spirit of what the horde stands for, he's fighting for YOUR honour and YOUR rights.
Don't worry, we only have one choice and it will be glorious. I'm gonna loot so much from her corpse.
11/12/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Spiçy
11/12/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Conorn
Either a choice coming in 8.2...or Horde favoritism.

Don’t sell yourself short. You’ll claim favoritism regardless

Because to deny that is to deny reality. Blizzard even admits they favor the Horde and at blizzcon they do so as well. They have never made any attempts to foster an Alliance fandom. When have you ever heard anyone say "For the Alliance!"?
Play both sides, get one choice and one strait. It’s not like the choice is really going to impact the story. It’s not like Blizz will say, well 64% of the hoard betrayed Sylvanas so we need to off her. The story is written it just are you going to walk around the pond to the left or the right.

It does mean that now you will need three max level characters to see the story from all angles. Gees, with that thought I now say, well played Blizz, well played.