I can already see trust levels complaints

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
11/12/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Crepe
11/12/2018 06:16 AMPosted by Amine

In my opinion, yes

Ythisens was threatening us with these for day 1.

So it's only fair.

That yak drinks tea he ain't threatening anyone :)
11/12/2018 06:16 AMPosted by Amine
11/12/2018 06:09 AMPosted by Nyalmi
Is it bad that I am aiming for level 3 purely for meme privileges?

In my opinion, yes

Hey at least i’m honest!
11/12/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Rastlin
11/12/2018 05:47 AMPosted by You
I can already see it

Level one trust user complaining on how "privilege" a level 3 is because they can post gifs and links at any time

How level 3s are white knights of blizzard

How they think they can't be level 3 because they got "flag abused" because of "I wasn't offending anyone they just attacked me personally 1!!!1" so their privilege is gone

Level 3s are no life people

I denouce this as not socially acceptable groupthink.

Our wise leader is 100000000% correct in implementing the social credit system.

We are lucky! to have him guide us.

Fantastic. You have found an even more annoying schitck. Fantastic.
11/12/2018 05:49 AMPosted by Crepe
How about a thread talking about some of the things you can do with level 3 once you get it instead?

Silly comments aside, level 3 is actually incredibly good for discussion, since providing pictures to back up your argument helps tremendously.

Posting memes and stuff is fun too, but for actual discussion, being able to embed videos and pictures is invaluable.

11/12/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Slappypappy
Didn't we I could haver sworn way back in the vanilla days we had the ability to post links and images and blizzard put an end to that really quickly if my memory is correct then why give it a second go? I think its nice to be able to im just curious if I am correct about the ability before and it was removed why bring it back?

The trust system is basically designed to filter out spammers and trolls who don't particularly care about being banned.

You have to invest a significant amount of time into unlocking level 3 (which allows you to hyperlink things like YT videos or pictures) so it's less likely you get someone who hops onto the forums and posts a phishing link (sex leg anyone?) or other unsavory things.
How they think they can't be level 3 because they got "flag abused" because of "I wasn't offending anyone they just attacked me personally 1!!!1" so their privilege is gone

I asked about this specifically because it is an obvious source of concern. I was told that mods specifically review the flags and they have to be valid (actually break the forum code of conduct), to count with regard to trust levels. It won't be automatic.

Also, the number of flags we get a day is limited. Use them wisely for actual violations, not just personal reasons.

Further, they will punish people who use the flags to try to shut down others just for the sake of derailing threads or conversations.
11/12/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Mirasol

I asked about this specifically because it is an obvious source of concern. I was told that mods specifically review the flags and they have to be valid (actually break the forum code of conduct), to count with regard to trust levels. It won't be automatic.

Also, the number of flags we get a day is limited. Use them wisely for actual violations, not just personal reasons.

Further, they will punish people who use the flags to try to shut down others just for the sake of derailing threads or conversations.

Do we know what the flag limit per trust level is and what the limit is per day?
11/12/2018 05:54 AMPosted by Crepe
I honestly think people can handle this.

You have more faith than I do.
11/12/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Mirasol

So how is that going to work when that one streamers minions get sent to the forums? I mean it happens pretty often (or has recently).. Are the moderators going to be more active and not just rely on our reporting? You know as well as I do that they're a blight on these forums and bring no actual discussion to the table.
Just more tools for crowd control.
How about a thread talking about some of the things you can do with level 3 once you get it instead?

I mean, we've got enough of these threads already, don't you think?

And I've only seen one person insist that a Rickroll should be the first video link and that's just a sad state of events.
Because only people like you will ever have it.

Make your own thread.
Only a matter of time before were flooded with Asmongold clips.
11/12/2018 05:51 AMPosted by You

I mean, we've got enough of these threads already, don't you think?

And I've only seen one person insist that a Rickroll should be the first video link and that's just a sad state of events.

Imagine someone getting level 3 and then throw it away by linking or uploading a gif something not safe for work

I can see people doing that too

Age content warnings and it's probably wiser not to read the new forums unless on your personal device on your time. Some corporations and gvt entities restrict the content you view and post on dual(Contractors pay heed) personal and work devices or personal devices making use of work supplied airtime or bandwidth.
I can already see it

Level one trust user complaining on how "privilege" a level 3 is because they can post gifs and links at any time

How level 3s are white knights of blizzard

Level 3s are no life people

Those are legitimate complaints because people are/will be rewarded for being white knights, people do abuse reports and the mods are, at best, easily manipulated.
11/12/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Kirela
Do we know what the flag limit per trust level is and what the limit is per day?

I don't know that information personally, and I think they can adjust it if they need to.

11/12/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Cyniel
So how is that going to work when that one streamers minions get sent to the forums? I mean it happens pretty often (or has recently).. Are the moderators going to be more active and not just rely on our reporting? You know as well as I do that they're a blight on these forums and bring no actual discussion to the table.

I don't know. I know they can see trends, and for OW they had to issue a warning and start punishing people for spam flagging that got unpopular (but not trolling) threads locked.

We just have to see what happens. They will keep a close eye on the forums and adjust settings as needed.

11/12/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Werbatim
Those are legitimate complaints because people are/will be rewarded for being white knights, people do abuse reports and the mods are, at best, easily manipulated.

I really hate the use of the term White Knight to describe someone who can follow basic rules of civility on a forum. Criticism of Blizzard does not need to take the form of profanity, insults, spam, trolling, or harassment of other posters who disagree. The only thing the trust system rewards is being civil to fellow posters. You most certainly don't need to toe some sort of pro Blizzard line.
Honestly I speak in gif the way Gina from Brooklyn 99 speaks in emoji.
I don’t mind it. But it does seem strange that a forum that already has a pay barrier to post, gets a time barrier.... holy crow! Trust levels are the allied races for the forums!
11/12/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Mirasol
I really hate the use of the term White Knight to describe someone who can follow basic rules of civility on a forum.

Your interpretation of White Knight and mine diverge substantially.

11/12/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Mirasol
Criticism of Blizzard does not need to take the form of profanity, insults, spam, trolling, or harassment of other posters who disagree.

It doesn't need to but it should allow it. Ethically speaking it isn't the idea you agree with that you should be defending, it should be the ideas that you hate and that the majority hate that need defending from the whims of the majority. If even a single person is not allowed to voice their opinion in whatever fashion that person deems best suited to get his point across colorful language and all, then your opinion at some point will be hated equally by someone else and when that happens the foundation you have built for yourself in the marketplace of ideas turns to quicksand and drags you under with it.

You don't defeat bad ideas by suppression, you defeat them with more and better ideas. You drown out the bad ideas by overwhelming them with good ones and you KEEP ON TALKING. You keep on LISTENING. You keep the lines open rather than finding new ways to shut them down.

Some of you might trip to the fact that what I have said here sounds an awful lot like the protections of our First Amendment, and then make the mistake of saying that the First Amendment does not apply because this is Blizzards Property and its private property and they don't have to honor the first amendment.

My answer to that of course is that yes, the First Amendment IS comparable. No it in its form doesn't apply as we also have to give respect to the rule of law and of property rights, but you are also incorrect in that ethically and morally speaking Blizzard is obligated in the marketplace of ideas to honor the fundamental underlying concept of the individual to speak how where when and to whom and about such subjects as they see fit without hindrance, otherwise we the denizens of the marketplace have no reason to listen to them or to be patrons at their stall.

If Blizzard will suppress our ideas then those who believe that even the uncooth and ill mannered should be given voice lest the civil and well mannered lose their voice alongside them will need to find other stalls within the marketplace to give patronage.
Wait, they're bringing that time-gating "trust" cancer to the WoW forums?
I already avoid the Overwatch forum because it has become so limited and I'm sick of getting forum vacations (which also comes with the "trust" system, way heavier policing)
11/12/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Merridae
You don't defeat bad ideas by suppression, you defeat them with more and better ideas. You drown out the bad ideas by overwhelming them with good ones and you KEEP ON TALKING. You keep on LISTENING. You keep the lines open rather than finding new ways to shut them down.

What you're describing is a way of defeating ideas in general. The good or bad moniker is a personal judgement call.

Of course, when you're thinking about a video game feature like government policy, we're already done. You can't debate someone into submission; that's not really how it works.
They're bringing that time-gating, goodboy-point, Big Brother, "trust" cancer to the WoW forums?
I already avoid the Overwatch forum because it has become so limited and I'm sick of getting forum vacations (which also comes with the "trust" system, waaaaaaay heavier policing)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Credit_System