Why wont the Emissary Caches give me 370?!

General Discussion
I am starting to get p/o'd now. The last 3 Azerite caches from the emissaries have been 355.

My ilvl is 362. I have 3 Pieces of 360 Azerite armor @ Lv27 Azerite necklace.

My brother is 361 ilvl. Last 3 has been 370 Caches.

What the F? Why wont it give me them? I am revered with all the factions, my brother is not. Can someone explain this BS to me? I am legit getting annoyed. All 3 boxes this week have dicked me. There has to be an explanation I am overlooking.
I think mine ticked over to 370 when I was over 365+ in bags. It also goes off your loot history but I’m not sure how it works. Would be nice is we could get some hard numbers on how it works.
The dev that could explain that was pulled from the wow team and is now making a dress up mobile game. sorry.
You have to be literally shaking to get 370.
11/12/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Freath

pretty sure it takes 364.x for the 370 emissaries. your brother is probably talking about weeklies from the turtle or warfront or arathi quests/rares or something like that.

or he had higher ilvl in bag than equipped.
Does your brother get rid of items that are an ilvl upgrade but not have the stats he wants? It's not just based on your ilvl equipped or in your bags. It even counts items you've received and vendored/deleted.
I am starting to get p/o'd now. The last 3 Azerite caches from the emissaries have been 355.

What the F? Why wont it give me them? I am revered with all the factions, my brother is not. Can someone explain this BS to me? I am legit getting annoyed. All 3 boxes this week have dicked me. There has to be an explanation I am overlooking.

Sorry, but can't take your word for it when you aren't posting on the character in question. For all I know, you have one or 2 340 azerite and 1 355. I was getting 370 emissary azerite pieces when I was ilvl 362 and 1 azerite piece was 370.
The emissary today is showing me a level 300 cache. So im not sure how it works but it sucks.
My cache switched from 355 to 370 once I had 375s in all my azerite slots. My iLvl is only 361 thanks to my rings and staff. My neck is at 29. I did not expect it to go to 370 until ilvl 363, but it switcted at 361.
The game keeps track of the highest ilvl item you’ve looted for each slot is and then averages those up to get your “highest ilvl equppied” score. Trinkets and rings count for both slots so if you’ve only ever looted one 370 trinket both your trinket slots would count as 370.

This phantom ilvl is what the game compares to in order to determine your Azerite cache level, not your character ilvl or your bag ilvl. Since we have no real way to measure it aside from keeping track yourself we don’t have enough data points to pin down an exact number but the threshold is probably close to 365.

All of this came from a series of developer tweets made when the Azerite Cache changes we’re being rolled out so I’m not just spectulating here; that’s actually how it works.

In the case of your brother, he may have a huge level disparity between his rings and trinkets. For instance, if he has a 370 ring and a 350 ring while you have two 360 rings, he’ll have a better loot history score than you since both his ring slots would be 370 while yours would be 360, despite you having a better character ilvl.

Alternatively, your brother may have gotten some high lvl gear that he may have gotten rid of or doesn’t wear due to bad itemization or whatever.
11/12/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Bojanglz

Sorry, but can't take your word for it when you aren't posting on the character in question. For all I know, you have one or 2 340 azerite and 1 355. I was getting 370 emissary azerite pieces when I was ilvl 362 and 1 azerite piece was 370.

-sigh-
When has this "I cant take you seriousness because you aren't posting on your main" thing become so mainstream?

I post on this guy because he has a cool outfit and stupid guild name.

Either way, I can't post him since the armory is giving "Error 500". Apparently I am undergoing a realm transfer! Didn't know that.
At least you get a war cache. Right now my 2 emissary quests give a 340+ ring (which I already have at 345, so it better super-mega-titanforge it's !@#) and another for 200 war supplies.

And I'm exalted with everyone so... meh
Much like mythic plus you have to have above the item level to seek gear just under your current item level.
Over the weekend mine flipped to 370. Prior to that when my neck, head, shoulder and chest averaged 369.5 I was offered a 355. As soon as the average of those 4 stepped to 370.x my reward went to 370. Also verified this on one of my wife's toons. As soon as the average of azerite pieces and neck ticked above 370, her reward went to 370 also.
So for the most part you wont get good stuff until you don't really need it. I believe their reasoning was to make it easier for us to get alternative pieces for multiple specs, and not so much for gearing up.
362 is too low, keep working on that ilvl.
Thank you all.

It seems like the Azerite cache is not made to help you gain ilvl, or higher gear. It is made to help you better cycle through Azerite pieces to get better stats. I guess that is fair? . . . Sure.
11/12/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Freath
Thank you all.

It seems like the Azerite cache is not made to help you gain ilvl, or higher gear. It is made to help you better cycle through Azerite pieces to get better stats. I guess that is fair? . . . Sure.
Last I heard that was the intent. The point was to make it easier to get the traits you want on your Azerite gear instead of just using a high level piece with bad traits because you have nothing else for the slot.
11/12/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Freath
<span class="truncated">...</span>

-sigh-
When has this "I cant take you seriousness because you aren't posting on your main" thing become so mainstream?

I post on this guy because he has a cool outfit and stupid guild name.

Either way, I can't post him since the armory is giving "Error 500". Apparently I am undergoing a realm transfer! Didn't know that.

Ummm because people like to over exaggerate on forums and not actually tell the full truths. From your reply, why are you so scared to hop on your main so we can see and then maybe answer your question better. You are like those who go to the class forums asking for help but posting on a low level alt and people are supposed to magically help you without being able to look at your gear, logs etc.

edit: So you get a 500 error logging on to it but not this one?
only gives me 355 no matter what. so i just keep on selling them
It's kind of like M+ dungeons. You can only do them after you exceed the iLvl dropped for the dungeon.