How do Alliance players feel about...

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
...seeing void elves?

I know when I'm on my orc/forsaken I get irritated seeing elves everywhere because they seem out of place compared to how I think the Horde should look and feel. To me they have felt forced since BC so I never made one.

I thought high elves on Alliance might make more sense so I made one in the form of a void elf and I still feel out of place mostly because of the weird cosmetic choices we have and forced lore. Just wondering how other Alliance feel about my presence?
I just want to say I like your look.

Also, I'm not sure how it is on Alliance side, but when I see elves on Horde side, sometimes it doesn't register what TYPE of elf they are.

All elves are elves to me. There's just a lot of you guys lol it doesn't bother me.

I DO however enjoy seeing the other races like Trolls and Undead (and other rare races) and notice them more.
Is your helm glitching or is it supposed to look like that?

I think Void Elves are kind of lame. It's irritating that two races we'd all interacted with the whole expansion went with the Horde while Alleria's void storyline and the Lightforged came out of nowhere in a late patch and were clearly introduced specifically because there was nothing already in game they wanted to make Alliance allied races. Vrykul would have been the far more obvious choice: of all the Legion races they have the most reason to side with a faction.

I'm also a shadow priest, so it's annoying to have my spec's 'class fantasy' revamped to center around the void only to have a brand new race introduced with the same shtick.

But all in all I guess their look and feel in and of itself doesn't bother me so much as the circumstances surrounding their introduction.
They are fine. Fit perfectly, blue, just like the Alliance.
I love void elves. I always wanted playable alliance blood elves.
Void Elves are a-okay in my book.
Void elves make as much sense being on alliance as blood elves made sense being on horde when they were added in BC. Just my opinion though.
I cringe and daydream about what could have been. I double cringe when their MRP profile says they’re roleplaying a High Elf because I feel their constant pain myself.
I thought High elves were already part of the game? The blue eye elves are what left of the high elves?
They have those cool hair styles where the tips glow and I think that's pretty rad.
Everytime I see a Void Elf I wish I could be a traitor and shoot their face.
11/12/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Annanobis
I thought High elves were already part of the game? The blue eye elves are what left of the high elves?
Yeah, high elves are all over the place as Alliance NPCs. They're a big part of the Alliance forces in most expansions and sometimes it seems like they're better represented than some playable races. In the Void Elf starting zone you see both high elf and blood elf NPCs training in the void, but the playable ones are all supposed to be blood elves for some reason.
Wait you get a starting zone? My nightbore didn't get a starting zone.
I'm just happy knowing that my very existence brings intense displeasure towards the high elf crowd.
I always see male void elves walking around shirtless, no complains here.
11/12/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Sibyl
I know when I'm on my orc/forsaken I get irritated seeing elves everywhere because they seem out of place compared to how I think the Horde should look and feel. To me they have felt forced since BC so I never made one.
few things, 1: times change, the horde have adapted to their elven overlords and all will kneel before us. and 2: if the blood elves have felt so forced that you never made one then how did you rationalize making a void elf?
I like the voidies. Best hair in game.
Makes a lot more sense than Tauren Paladins IMO.
ASlong as they remember whose side they on I'm good.
Why would I care? Just another flavor of elf.