How do Alliance players feel about...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
11/12/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Karenthi
Makes a lot more sense than Tauren Paladins IMO.

Didn't most of the Draenei become servents of the legion?
11/12/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Annanobis
11/12/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Karenthi
Makes a lot more sense than Tauren Paladins IMO.

Not sure. Also not sure what this has to do with either the topic, or my comment.
Unfortunately I feel that way about Void Elves. I see them and my automatic reaction is they don't fit in. No offense to anyone rolling one, but I have spent too many years killing Blood Elves in battle, it just feels wrong to have Void Elves on my side lol.
11/12/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Sibyl
...seeing void elves?

I mean, it is a nice alternative then the High elves, but not exactly a lore based allied race when comparing to the high elves. I mean they're okay, the customization is pretty good (like with all allied races) but I'm start of getting sick of seeing elf races! Blizzard have hinted at introducing those vampire elves from Northrend as an allied race!
11/12/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Karenthi
11/12/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Annanobis

Not sure. Also not sure what this has to do with either the topic, or my comment.

Having to due with the nature of the tauren is one few races in the horde that remain uncorrupted till legion in some form and due to there nature I believe makes them natural a correct choice to be paladin compared to the other races.
11/12/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Gutugg
I mean, it is a nice alternative then the High elves
It seems to me that the best Void Elf feedback amounts to them being "good enough."

"Good enough" isn't nice, especially for a supposedly permanent addition to Warcraft. It indicates there are still issues that need to be remedied.
I personally didn't feel like they belonged to the Alliance and still don't. I see them as more of a Horde race and would have gladly taken Nightborne over them.
As a roleplayer, I find it interesting because when they're actually RPing as Void Elves (as many use the model to RP as High Elves or Half-Elves) there's a great deal that can be drummed up about their time in the Horde that, from an Alliance character's perspective, they wouldn't know about. Opinions on Horde and Alliance acts and what it means for the Ren'dorei going forward.

Do they resent Lor'themar and Rommath for banishing them, leading to their current state of being? Do they not blame them, understanding where their paranoia regarding the Sunwell stemmed from? Do they give a damn about their cousins in Quel'thalas or are they still loyal to the notion of keeping their home country safe?

There's lots of working parts to... well, work with.
As an Alliance player, Void Elves are the only races I really enjoy playing (before only liked gnomes). As a Horde player I see Void Elves as traitors and in pvp I especially try to kill them.
;o
11/12/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Starlagosa
As an Alliance player, Void Elves are the only races I really enjoy playing (before only liked gnomes). As a Horde player I see Void Elves as traitors and in pvp I especially try to kill them.
For the most part, my Hordies are like "WTF is a void elf? Did Alleria have a bunch of kids in the past thousand years? No? WHERE DID THESE GUYS COME FROM"
11/12/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Nemestrïnus
how did you rationalize making a void elf?

I didn't. My own existence doesn't make sense to me.

Too bad if I race change I lose these sweet racials.
The elf phobia in WoW nowadays is hilarious. If you don't like elves, probably don't play fantasy games.
11/12/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Gávilar
The elf phobia in WoW nowadays is hilarious. If you don't like elves, probably don't play fantasy games.

I really like elves. I just think its weird how Blizz seems to stick them into wjatever faction at random.
11/12/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Sibyl
11/12/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Gávilar

I really like elves. I just think its weird how Blizz seems to stick them into wjatever faction at random.

Why should all elves or all orcs or all humans be of the same beliefs/factions? That's boring as hell.

Imagine Game of Thrones if all the humans were friends.
I do not see them particularly much, and i do not care that much.

Stupid story for them though, so that does hurt a bit.
I don't see a ton, just some. It isn't as disproportionate as the ratio of Blood Elf horde members to non-Blood Elf Horde members, I think it's fine,
Race reskins are lame, myself included. Exception is Dark Iron Dwarf, those guys look awesome. Lava beards man...
Placebo! Placeholder! Fake! Bribery! Deceit! Cheat!