How do Alliance players feel about...

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Void Elves will forever be a reminder that Blizzard can and will pull a race out of thin air and, without a proper established background, will make them playable and can and will get away with it.
11/12/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Murdra
Void Elves will forever be a reminder that Blizzard can and will pull a race out of thin air and, without a proper established background, will make them playable and can and will get away with it.
to be honest. They are high elves. Just infused with void magic. So blizzard gave alliance what they wanted...to an extent.
11/12/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Oriendaria
11/12/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Murdra
to be honest. They are high elves. Just infused with void magic. So blizzard gave alliance what they wanted...to an extent.

What Alliance players wanted was High Elves and all of their established background and lore.

What Alliance got was a group of Blood Elves with a nonexistent background and questionable logic regarding their inclusion into the Alliance while also creating a headache in trying to understand how an elf as you put it:

11/12/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Oriendaria
infused with void magic.

is able to be a HOLY priest.

In other words: Void Elves existence creates more problems then solves.
I do like that Ion was basically "If you want a light skinned Elf, the Horde is there for you." but at the same time basically said "If you want a dark skinned Elf, well, here you go Horde. You get them, too!"

Yeah, that's not related to Void Elves, but still...
11/12/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Slimeseason
Out of curiosity, how many of you play a void elf because it’s the closest option to high elf on alliance? Personally I would play them for their good racials as WoW lore doesn’t really interest me

I don't play them to emulate high elves (I'm one of the people that think the Silver Covenant was a mistake). The thing I do play them for is their audio and aesthetics. Male Void Elf melee sound and look great.

The thing I absolutely hate about them is how they're introduced, and how the remaining High Elves in Alliance weren't even utilized for it. Seriously could have been a "two birds, one stone" fix, if you will, for a problem that Blizzard has wrought with their own hands. Not only was it an asspull, but it was hamfisted.
11/12/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Kalorea
I love void elves. I always wanted playable alliance blood elves.

This. THIS.

Void elves are just Blood Elves on Alliance. Just like you Night fallen are the Night Elves but on horde. Its homogenization like this that kills the flavor of the game.
11/12/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Morlock
11/12/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Kalorea
I love void elves. I always wanted playable alliance blood elves.

This. THIS.

Void elves are just Blood Elves on Alliance. Just like you Night fallen are the Night Elves but on horde. Its homogenization like this that kills the flavor of the game.

I remember when they said that racial silhouettes were important for faction identity and wouldn't want a repeat of Pandaren again. And then they came up with Nightborne and Void Elves. At least they changed the rig on Nightborne to have different idles, but they did sh!t-all for Void Elves.
EEek, our resident high elves for alliance artist did this gorgeous painting.
holey rusted metal batman, it's beautiful

https://66.media.tumblr.com/384af1931b0d72433d58e4013c5ac47a/tumblr_pi08h6VWIb1smv67eo2_1280.png
I think their graphics are tacky but that's a design flaw and I can get over it (it's just a personal feel, no big deal). Conceptually I think they're extremely cool. It'd be beyond unsettling having manifestations of nothingness going about their business around me every day, with nobody seeming to notice or care ... it's ominous.
By the way, if they ever do make High Elves playable, I hope they give them a completely redone animation rig, so they don't move like Blood Elves and their Void Elf offshoots do.
11/12/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Felsavior
Why would I care? Just another flavor of elf.
pretty much much like every now and then you use to see Elfs dancing on mail box naked?

I know it pretty much stop at this point but eh, I quite use to it much like alliance is use to see huge group of humans in party.
I don't..really notice
Not too fond of the specific model, but generally speaking all elves "look like" Alliance to me, so I don't care. Blood Elves look like Alliance to me, too. That doesn't really matter to me either since I do no PVP. I occasionally run into a Blood Elf and wish I could chat with them, but can't. I prefer the Blood Elf model to the Void Elf model. I do not like the tentacle hair or purple skin of the Void Elves, nor the fact that Void Elves cannot be Paladins.
11/12/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Sibyl
Just wondering how other Alliance feel about my presence?
I like the Void Elves.

Best Allied Race they added to the game and we got them, so that was cool.
I love my void elf priest
11/12/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Hypêrspace

https://66.media.tumblr.com/384af1931b0d72433d58e4013c5ac47a/tumblr_pi08h6VWIb1smv67eo2_1280.png

Aww thank you for pimping me out lot :D

Well, that I keep making HE edits of my VE shows how I mostly feel about them. But I do have my own Rogue VE and I love him.

IMO the issue is that VE have like, one good aesthetic with their Heritage Armor and nothing else, cause that's like literally all they have culture wise, an Heritage Armor that we don't where the heck came from, and a Void Chocobo that neither we know where it came from.

My biggest issue about VE is how little thought seems to be behind them, and that is such a bummer.
I like Void Elves. I'll admit the lore behind them is a little forced, but other then that I think they fit in just fine.

Also, there's a part of me that wants to race change my rogue to one just so I can scream obscenities at the Horde.
11/12/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Hypêrspace

That is gorgeous!
11/12/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Sibyl
...seeing void elves?

I know when I'm on my orc/forsaken I get irritated seeing elves everywhere because they seem out of place compared to how I think the Horde should look and feel. To me they have felt forced since BC so I never made one.

I thought high elves on Alliance might make more sense so I made one in the form of a void elf and I still feel out of place mostly because of the weird cosmetic choices we have and forced lore. Just wondering how other Alliance feel about my presence?

I worked really hard to get most of the PvP bear Legion artefact skins.

The first time I saw a Void Elf (in a battleground) I was using the first skin - the purplish-whitish one - and I said, "You're roughly the same colour as me. Should I be concerned?"

I thought it was a good quip. That was the last I thought of it.
I just find it lame that alliance get a second set of purple/blue elves while horde get a brand new set of purple/blue elves.

And then there's qq because horde don't want alliance to have high elves...even though horde got purple night elves.

/scratches head.