ATTN tauren players: u will die

Classic Discussion
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It's the 5-8 yard range where Hunters can't do anything yet other classes can still attack them. At 5 yards they can use melee abilities only. At 8+ yards they can use ranged abilities. In between that they can't do anything and anyone that was remotely decent at PvP would dance at this edge killing hunters in any type of 1v1 PvP.

So you think a hunter can only sit there while they do that?...

Scatter Shot.
FD>Freezing trap macro.
Distance self.
Aimed shot. Concussive shot.
If it's a mage learn to kite a freaking mage, YES MAGES CAN BE KITED.

Also you did not need to explain it to me.
I know what deadzone was, I dealt with it for years. I was making a joke out of you using it like it was some trump card against hunters.

Casters were the largest threat via using deadzone, but any hunter worth their salt would find ways around that.

Shadow Priests were by far the primary hunter killer as my memory recalls.
Depends on the circumstances of the fight, but yes my Shadow Priest would win a lot of fights against Hunters. Shadow Priests could still be kited out of mindflay reach, so it wasnt some cakewalk.
11/13/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Vøøðøø
11/13/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Colmannid

I take it you are joking but the slight off chance of not, Disengage was just a threat drop ability back then that caused the hunter to stop attacking.

Pretty sure it took you out of combat? I dunno, didn't play hunter in vanilla.

No it just stopped your attacking them.

Disengage was purely PVE only, almost useless in PVP. MAYBE on a hunter/warlock pet but I do not know. Never bothered trying it.
11/13/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Impact

Scatter Shot.
FD>Freezing trap macro.
Distance self.

I know what deadzone was, I dealt with it for years. I was making a joke out of you using it like it was some trump card against hunters.

Casters were the largest threat via using deadzone, but any hunter worth their salt would find ways around that.

Depends on the circumstances of the fight, but yes my Shadow Priest would win a lot of fights against Hunters. Shadow Priests could still be kited out of mindflay reach, so it wasnt some cakewalk.

I was actually just thinking about that.
The UD Spriest with their dots though were devastating but I think if you could kite them and keep the mana dot on them long enough you might be able to pull a win.
11/13/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Melaned
11/13/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Hexxes
I actually completely forgot you can’t trap in combat so thanks for the reminder.

You're welcome. And sorry if I am coming off as asinine. Which I kinda was.

I always take a sense of character with whatever character I post on and the recent dwarf thread got me posting on Colmannid which always makes me more hard-headed.

It's a quirk I have as a writer.

But yeah I did nothing but hunter WPVP and even tested it out again a year ago on PS and it was exactly as I remembered it. I even killed a mage like 7-8 lvls higher than me by kiting them and they got the jump on me. I wasn't even speced for the fight either.

I FD>Shadowmelded when they were casting pyro while I was frozen. By the time they aoe'd I was free. Pet got on them and I ran through the woods. Between pet staying on them and my few tricks here and there I managed to kill them.

LoS, using my slows which lasted longer than their melee shield slow, pet dmg and so forth. using aspect of cheetah timed well with their instant cast.

Nice. Sounds like fun. Maybe I am mistaken in their strength. I just remember never being able to get away from Warriors, Frost Mages blinking into my dead zone killing me, and Demo Warlocks laughing as they drain lifed me while I melted.
11/13/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Hexxes
11/13/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Melaned
You're welcome. And sorry if I am coming off as asinine. Which I kinda was.

I always take a sense of character with whatever character I post on and the recent dwarf thread got me posting on Colmannid which always makes me more hard-headed.

It's a quirk I have as a writer.

But yeah I did nothing but hunter WPVP and even tested it out again a year ago on PS and it was exactly as I remembered it. I even killed a mage like 7-8 lvls higher than me by kiting them and they got the jump on me. I wasn't even speced for the fight either.

I FD>Shadowmelded when they were casting pyro while I was frozen. By the time they aoe'd I was free. Pet got on them and I ran through the woods. Between pet staying on them and my few tricks here and there I managed to kill them.

LoS, using my slows which lasted longer than their melee shield slow, pet dmg and so forth. using aspect of cheetah timed well with their instant cast.

Nice. Sounds like fun. Maybe I am mistaken in their strength. I just remember never being able to get away from Warriors, Frost Mages blinking into my dead zone killing me, and Demo Warlocks laughing as they drain lifed me while I melted.

Warriors you want to try the trick I just mentioned.
Frost mages were a pain in the rear but you could still kite them especially if you got the jump on them.
Warlocks I sadly do not recall fighting them much as hunter.

But two things.
One: Tracking is YOUR BEST FRIEND. Never let a red humanoid dot approach you without knowing what it was. (Red as in just the dot, back then tracking was all red dots not colored to show alliance or what have you)
Two: Night Elf Shadowmeld was amazing for hunter in my opinion. Having that and cat stealth allowed you to be a full stealth class minus moving mid-stealth. This further enabled you to get the jump on someone.
...Depends on the circumstances of the fight, but yes my Shadow Priest would win a lot of fights against Hunters. Shadow Priests could still be kited out of mindflay reach, so it wasnt some cakewalk.

The UD Spriest with their dots though were devastating but I think if you could kite them and keep the mana dot on them long enough you might be able to pull a win.
If the Priest catches you in mindflay range it isn't going to be a good day. Also hope they do not have a mana potion on hand.

Mindflay had a 24 or 26, cant remember, yard range with shadow reach, but mind blast and the dots were 36 yards.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
If the Priest catches you in mindflay range it isn't going to be a good day. Also hope they do not have a mana potion on hand.

Mindflay had a 24 or 26, cant remember, yard range with shadow reach, but mind blast and the dots were 36 yards.

Yeah that brings back some good old chills.
I think it is viable if you take the extra range talent in MM and set things up well.
I plan to go hybrid BM/MM.

Shadowmeld near a tree and send stealth pet in, let the priest deal with pet a bit before coming out to assault. Like said though keep distance, cheetah up, keep mana dot on them, dont ever let them get close, ranged kite them.

Could be better to let the pet get the attack then aimed shot right away however, this would get them by surprise but let pet take the attention, if no shield up they might feel forced to heal initially.
11/13/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Swiftypvpfan
My goal in warcraft Classic , i Will make a night elf hunter named legolas and head to the dwarf digsite in mulgore once i get my pet. i will name it "cowdeath " and will kill all the tauren attempting to kill my dwarven friends. U have been warned

If your problem with Tauren is that they kill Dwarves try actually reading (if you can) the quest text. In several instances Dwarves kill and throw Tauren out of their home to begin digging which has drastic effects on the environment and spirits of the land. Dwarves are literally evil. The Alliance is literally evil for defending them. I'm going to have so much fun drinking your tears.
My goal in warcraft Classic , i Will make a night elf hunter named legolas and head to the dwarf digsite in mulgore once i get my pet. i will name it "cowdeath " and will kill all the tauren attempting to kill my dwarven friends. U have been warned

Jesus Christ I just realized you're Verycoolguy. I love your videos man. Wish you'd play Horde more!
U Are going to experience pure hatred
when im done with the horde im going to eat steak (from the tauren) with my dwarven bros. Steak, beer, and were gonna get some human and night elf slootz to give us big boob big butt pleasure as we party In Our post war feast
2 thumbs Up baby yeehaw

It's the 5-8 yard range where Hunters can't do anything yet other classes can still attack them. At 5 yards they can use melee abilities only. At 8+ yards they can use ranged abilities. In between that they can't do anything and anyone that was remotely decent at PvP would dance at this edge killing hunters in any type of 1v1 PvP.

Scatter Shot.
FD>Freezing trap macro.
Distance self.

QFT

Granted I started at the sunwell... was't the dead zone nerfed in wrath?
WTF u made me hate u, how do I level my tauren now?
The same way I always level my tauren. Evolve them into Steak.
11/13/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Melaned
i thought we were friends :(
11/13/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Micro
11/13/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Melaned
i thought we were friends :(

I said my Tauren. You're a buddy tauren. There's a difference.
even on a PvP server, starter zones are not contested territory, so you can't attack the tauren there unless they were already flagged
the barrens isn't contested either, and neither is silverpine forest
I think what amuses me most about this "plan" is two-fold:

(1) How many tauren quest through Mulgore completely? I'm pretty sure I ran off into the Barrens to Crossroads as early as I could, then headed over to Durotar.

(2) You're putting yourself in a pocket (the digsite has one way out) within a pocket (Mulgore has one way out) and only one obvious graveyard you could appear at, in a zone where higher level horde just has to fly over from Orgrimmar, group up in Thunderbluff without you having a clue, and then come pin you down hard.

I'll be there with my Rogue waiting to corpse camp you until you log out, come to the forums, and spew forth your hatred for the class.