Whirlwind Axe???

Classic Discussion
So how would I go about getting the Whirlwind Axe at level 30??? I mean normally I could just get a level 60 to help me out but that won't really be easy to do in the first few weeks of the game.

Any advice on how to get this as soon as possible?
Just skip it and go do a few runs of RFD for the xcaliboar because sword spec trumps axe spec.
make friends so they can help you kill the elite?
other warriors will be around your level group up and make friends
Vanilla was a lot more social. Ask around for help.

Played on ND and while in Westfall lots of pally's asked for help for their quest.
I helped a few on my hunter while I was in the zone.

That was the part of the quest at the farm behind DM.
on launch you don't get it until 37~ and with a group
It is effectively impossible to get at 30 solo.

It is very difficult to get at 30 with a group of other 30's.

Realistically, you will get it sometime in your mid to late 30's, unless you can find a group that likes wiping on +10 level mobs.
If you're up for running SM, there's an axe that's actually superior for the Alliance.

https://classicdb.ch/?item=6830

Other than that if you're Horde, you will still want to get the WW Axe. Best join a guild and ask around for help.
11/14/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Warwolfrider
So how would I go about getting the Whirlwind Axe at level 30??? I mean normally I could just get a level 60 to help me out but that won't really be easy to do in the first few weeks of the game.

You will need higher level players if you want it at 30.

At level 30 you will have more misses than hits on a level 39 elemental.
And that's just the 2nd quest in that chain.
The third part is the elite level 40 elemental.

None of that is going to go well with a group of level 30's.
Here's what you do. If you're not an alchemist, make friends with one and he may sell you or give you the liferoot needed for cheap or for free. I believe you need 10 liferoot. That's the easiest thing to get. Next, from lvl 1-28 you may see elementals in the wild although they're very rare. They sometimes drop the charms you need to form the heart. Save them.

At lvl 28 or 29, make friends with a warlock or mage and make a deal with them. Next, get your asses to Arathi Highlands and farm those elementals for the 3 sets of 8 charms you need. Make a deal with your friend, if he takes the time to help you farm these items, you'll give him the [Elemental Fire] [Elemental Water] etc items for AH sales or crafting. They're very useful for multiple professions. Once you get those, you will be close to lvl 30 since those elementals are all very high leveled and flood xp into your character. The second you get to 30, get the quest and turn in the charms if you can. If you don't have them all yet, you may find the rest that you need on the AH already.

The last thing you need is [Troll Bloodscalps] from Northwestern Ruins in STV. When you get there at 30, Horde and Alliance will be everywhere but everyone will be farming these for quests. Join any group (don't join a group with another Warrior) and get your 30 scalps ASAP.

Once you have the scalps, tell your guild you are ready for your whirlwind heart summon. If you have a true vanilla guild, they will form a raid for you. Most of us will try for the whirlwind axe not long after launch and there won't be many people around lvl 30 yet, there certainly won't be anyone above level 30. And the kinds of people who race to 60 likely will not stop to help you finish your quest. Just ignore them. Get 10 people, including many warriors, to help you do the quest. You would think a group of 5 level thirty toons could handle it, but it's just not the case. The summoned Elite elemental is lvl 40 and will wreck your group of 5. Lots of warriors will be eager to help you finish your quest since they are all excited to see the WW and hopefully get it for themselves. You'll all have to take turns tanking while a few healers keep the tank exchangers topped off. Remember the mob switches agro frequently, knocks people back, and hits like a truck.

After you finally get it, ask someone to enchant it. Beastslaying might be the only enchant available when we get to level 30 but get that baby enchanted anyway. Link it to your guildies so they may rejoice, and add all the warriors who helped you to your friend's list. When they're ready to take on the Elemental Elite, join up in arms with them and defeat it again and again.
In 2018 you have a multitude of social media outlets to connect to other players. For this reason alone content will be cleared at a much faster pace than back in 2004.

You will be fine and by the time you hit 30 there will be many people who already have the item. Good luck.

Farm the elementals ahead of time and as quickly as you can manage. And try and make a few Hunter friends. Hunters will generally vastly outpace warriors leveling and if the player knows what he's doing, a couple hunters can effectively kite the elemental down if they're coordinated enough.

Beyond that, your only hope is to wait a long time and probably won't get it without a full group and around 35+

What I did was just hang around the final turn in. It wasn't long before a group came along with the same ideas I did and I just politely asked them to invite me to their open spot and carry me. You'd be surprised at the amount of friendly players in Vanilla who are willing to help one another out just for the sake of it. The game sort of breeds that mentality.

11/14/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Ironsides
Just skip it and go do a few runs of RFD for the xcaliboar because sword spec trumps axe spec.

You don't know what you're talking about. Crit chance synergizes so well with Arms spec to the point of agility being comparative to strength in some cases. It doesn't matter the race, always try to go for axes above level 30 or so after you get past the range where spirit staffs are optimal. Orcs just prioritize them even more.
11/14/2018 12:17 PMPosted by Brockthorn
So how would I go about getting the Whirlwind Axe at level 30???

And that's just the 2nd quest in that chain.
The third part is the elite level 40 elemental.
None of that is going to go well with a group of level 30's.

It would go very well from the elemental's point of view ! Hmm crunchy adventurers non non non

Depending on how fast you level vs ppl / guild there could be higher level players around to help out.
Ask a higher level guildie to help you.
11/14/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Jandrenna
Ask a higher level guildie to help you.

That's gonna be hard when everyone is in their 30s at the time.
You can't solo that elite even in the high 30s, on a warrior that is. Forget soloing this quest unless you want to wait until you are in your 40s, by which time there will be better weapons. Group up or skip.
By the time your warrior is 30 there will be plenty of folks at 50+ and several 60 hunters.
Just make sure that however you do it, even if you solo it, pay it forward.

I used to ask L30+ warriors if they had done the quest and helped them with it.

I've taken several warriors through the entire thing.
to get it at level 30, you'd want to do the quests for it right away, and have enough gold on hand to buy the stuff at the AH that comes from the elementals in arathi basin
or you can save up and buy a pacifier for level 32(if theres one at the AH) and skip the quest altogether; that thing is bonkers

also, corpsemaker isn't THAT much worse than a whirlwind axe; you can use that to get the elemental reagents yourself if you really want to

either way, you're gonna want help to kill cyclonian

personally, I'm gonna get a strike of the hydra for level 26 and use it until whirlwind axe unless I get a corpsemaker in an RFK run where noone else wants it, in which case I might end up just skipping the whirlwind weapon quest chain altogether so that I can shorten the level 39 grind for mount money
Make friends, drink some dark cherry soda, and pwn. Listen to some synthwave while you are it as well to enhance the retro feels.