Whirlwind Axe???

Classic Discussion
You will get out-paced in levels by hunters, warlocks, mages, and priests. ideally what will happen is:

-One of the above classes in your guild will farm the crests while they are in Arathi
- They will help you, or you will slowly get the additional materials for the quest
- The elite can be solo'd by a hunter/warlock at 37+ish so they would help you kill it

Considering you leveling smoothly will transition into having raiders / tanks at endgame, most players will be willing to help you out.
11/15/2018 12:57 AMPosted by Charbs
You will get out-paced in levels by hunters, warlocks, mages, and priests. ideally what will happen is:

-One of the above classes in your guild will farm the crests while they are in Arathi
- They will help you, or you will slowly get the additional materials for the quest
- The elite can be solo'd by a hunter/warlock at 37+ish so they would help you kill it

Considering you leveling smoothly will transition into having raiders / tanks at endgame, most players will be willing to help you out.

Warriors get outpaced in levels by literally everyone. The only one who levels as slow as they do are Retadins and Rogues, to a somewhat lesser extent. Those are much safer though, so less likely to die.
Just level normally and get it when you are able. I wouldnt go out of my way for a weapon that will give you a slight advantage at lower levels. Unless you plan to park the character as a twink for PvP its totally not worth the effort at 30.
11/15/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Ephemere
Just level normally and get it when you are able. I wouldnt go out of my way for a weapon that will give you a slight advantage at lower levels. Unless you plan to park the character as a twink for PvP its totally not worth the effort at 30.

Oh I don't know.. I think it's totally worth losing a couple days of leveling.

It's just too fun to miss.
11/14/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Espur
If you're up for running SM, there's an axe that's actually superior for the Alliance.

https://classicdb.ch/?item=6830

Other than that if you're Horde, you will still want to get the WW Axe. Best join a guild and ask around for help.

Totally this. Much better than WW Axe and you're going to be running SM anyway. Just latch on to a group doing full clear of the wings as early as you can after grabbing the quest.

Added bonus, you'll have a different weapon than so many other warriors out there. WW kind of loses its luster when everyone has one.
Warrior quests are stupid. You get a quest to obtain armor or weapon and optimal level to obtain them makes those rewards obsolete. :D

Yes, you need a nanny to run you through RFC to get that hauberk and you also need a nanny to get an Axe. All these guys who were saying modern wow spoonfeeds players with free gear, that's what you have in vanilla - paying high level guys to run you through content...

That's why I was asking for changes - to make it possible to do it at level with friends similar with your own level!

Similar to for example Paladin's hammer from SFK. It is totally doable at that level when the hammer is actually relevant!
11/15/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Holylr
Warrior quests are stupid. You get a quest to obtain armor or weapon and optimal level to obtain them makes those rewards obsolete. :D

Yes, you need a nanny to run you through RFC to get that hauberk and you also need a nanny to get an Axe. All these guys who were saying modern wow spoonfeeds players with free gear, that's what you have in vanilla - paying high level guys to run you through content...

That's why I was asking for changes - to make it possible to do it at level with friends similar with your own level!

Similar to for example Paladin's hammer from SFK. It is totally doable at that level when the hammer is actually relevant!

You get the hauberk quest at lvl 20 I believe, it has been a while since I got the last of mine, but it is BIS for a tank at lvl 29 and serviceable long after that and that's just talking about the stats of the item, add in the rage booster feature and it is an awesome piece of gear for a long time and can even be useful for pre loading rage while raiding.

Just because something is available at a certain level does not mean that's the level you are intended to get it at or that it will be replaced in one or two levels, this isn't retail.
11/15/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Fránchi
11/15/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Holylr

You get the hauberk quest at lvl 20 I believe, it has been a while since I got the last of mine, but it is BIS for a tank at lvl 29 and serviceable long after that and that's just talking about the stats of the item, add in the rage booster feature and it is an awesome piece of gear for a long time and can even be useful for pre loading rage while raiding.

Just because something is available at a certain level does not mean that's the level you are intended to get it at or that it will be replaced in one or two levels, this isn't retail.

Rage Booster is no-brainer. It is very very good.

It has 14 stamina and 5 strength though. There are other gear, even greens at level 28 that are similar.

You can get a green with 14 stamina at level 28 on AH for like 50 silver? 5 strength is negligible for a tank.
11/15/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Tricksyhyena
11/14/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Espur
If you're up for running SM, there's an axe that's actually superior for the Alliance.

https://classicdb.ch/?item=6830

Other than that if you're Horde, you will still want to get the WW Axe. Best join a guild and ask around for help.

Totally this. Much better than WW Axe and you're going to be running SM anyway. Just latch on to a group doing full clear of the wings as early as you can after grabbing the quest.

Added bonus, you'll have a different weapon than so many other warriors out there. WW kind of loses its luster when everyone has one.

What lvl does the war need to be successful at completing this quest? 37?
11/15/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Holylr
11/15/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Fránchi

Rage Booster is no-brainer. It is very very good.

It has 14 stamina and 5 strength though. There are other gear, even greens at level 28 that are similar.

You can get a green with 14 stamina at level 28 on AH for like 50 silver? 5 strength is negligible for a tank.

Trust me, I know the gear around lvl 29 from classic to WoD better than almost anyone and brutal is BIS for tanking in classic. Stats are stats and it has great stats, the next best item is Raptor hunter tunic, and that one is an even longer chain and isn't mail, yes armor MATTERS. After that you get into DPS oriented gear, Avengers armor, shining silver breastplate etc both are good, but you will notice that the 30 rage boost does not actually use any of the hauberks stat allotment.

The hauberk is a case of the juice being completely worth the squeeze. As for the WW axe being a PITA, yeah it is, I never understood why everyone is all "GO GET IT YOU NEED IT" as soon as you can accept the quest when you can get a lot of weapons almost as good for far less effort and THEN work on getting it at the level that is more appropriate to obtain it. By the time you buy the elemental thingies, get a friend who is higher level to help and do the quest you may as well have just used a corpsemaker or something similar for a while and done the quest normally as a part of leveling in arathi/STV etc.
11/15/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Gus
11/15/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Tricksyhyena

What lvl does the war need to be successful at completing this quest? 37?

If I recall it is obtainable at lvl 32?
It’s not uncommon for an SM group to clear the latter three wings required for this quest in one go and while a 33 (dinging while running library/armory) is suboptimal for monastery, most groups will just keep plowing through without switching personnel.

Feels bad to missmissmissmiss Whitemane though.
This is why Classic is such a different game than retail.

Non-endgame content in Classic actually matters.
Definitely worth it if you can get it once the quest is available, yeah you'll need some help. You'll basically use it from 30'ish to 40 easy.

Hell when I did it on my first toon we even had the epic also drop off Cyclonian. Totally forgot what it was or even called.
11/14/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Dorondir

You don't know what you're talking about. Crit chance synergizes so well with Arms spec to the point of agility being comparative to strength in some cases. It doesn't matter the race, always try to go for axes above level 30 or so after you get past the range where spirit staffs are optimal. Orcs just prioritize them even more.

Nah, you really don't understand basic math or dps warriors in general if you think a chance for an extra swing on EVERY SINGLE STRIKE doesn't beat out an extra chance to crit.

There's a reason why HoJ is irreplaceable, and blackhand's breadth gets tossed to the wayside.
11/14/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Warwolfrider
So how would I go about getting the Whirlwind Axe at level 30??? I mean normally I could just get a level 60 to help me out but that won't really be easy to do in the first few weeks of the game.

Any advice on how to get this as soon as possible?

have a group help you. it would be long but you could do it.