Justifiable?

Story Forum
Hmm ... while I don't think that Teldrassil will ever be justifiable, I am starting to agree with others on here that it may be necessary to wait and see what her actual "true objectives" are before arguing the necessity of burning the tree.

Whatever it is, Sylvie's been planning it for a while (and it is likely connected to her "new era" she taunts the Alliance PC with in Helheim). It is also likely attached to her never ending quest to thwart her own afterlife storyarc.

Sylvie's been on this path since Edge of Night; lets see where it goes.
If this just turns out to about Windrunners immortality, or even worse somehow saving the world, I will eat my hat. Not because it's unlikely, but because the stomach pain might help me forget for a few days.
11/14/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Darethy
Blizzard should of really hired a historian, not a lore historian, an actual historian before they tried this. But what can you do?

or hell, a political scientist specializing either in comparative politics OR IR, it would have atleast been better than the Cracked politics edition we are getting.
11/14/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Dathretarian
I began BfA totally against Sylvanas. We just finished defeating the Burning Legion, and now we're destroying ourselves. I hated to see the Warchief running the Horde I love into the ground for some selfish, hidden reason, which I believed was to make more Forsaken.

I'm halfway through the War Questline, and it's given me much to think on; especially after reading the "Good War" short story, I believe. I'm coming to the conclusion that, all things considered, Sylvanas' war was totally justifiable. She knew peace could not last and knew that she had to make a home for the Horde; she had to strike first to preserve her people. Had Saurfang killed Malfurion, she would have done that. Maybe she's not the evil villain Garrosh was; maybe, just maybe, she's actually a decent Warchief.

Lok'tar O'gar
If the Horde wasn't going out of its way to massacre civilians, then I might have been willing to entertain this notion.
11/14/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Darethy
If this just turns out to about Windrunners immortality, or even worse somehow saving the world, I will eat my hat. Not because it's unlikely, but because the stomach pain might help me forget for a few days.

Its not impossible. There is a reason I got my Horde rage out and took a break very early into Legion (rather than BfA). When I saw that Sylvie's first act as Warchief was to go off on her own (with ONLY her Forsaken troops) to pursue a personal chore in Stormheim ... I took that as a pretty good sign that she was still very much on her same character arc that she was in Cata; and that she began in "Edge of Night". It pissed me off to no end to realize that THAT Sylvie may very well be our Warchief; and unfortunately ... I haven't seen much from her since that counters that premise.