BFA Isn't a Failure - Blizzard is

General Discussion
11/14/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Hellasha
I suspect we aren't getting the full story, and how is it Blizzard's fault that those two players decided they didn't want you in the group? This seems more like a failure on your part.

Because queuing as twos and being allowed to kick people for any reason is the worst way to facilitate casual content.

Honestly if someone is contributing more Azerite or rare kills than one of the other players, the vote kick should not be allowed to go through.

Otherwise this just adds to the reason as to why I couldn't be bothered with island expeditions after week 2.
Working as intended.
I had this EXACT same thing happen to me last week. I queue in randoms to get my 5 for the weekly cap. Suddenly, I had a loading screen and upon loading back in Boralus "you have been removed from the group" was in text. I was angry needless to say. So I opened a ticket, and was told by a GM that this was a feature in the game and can be used at player discretion for any reason or no reason at all.
  • large epeen
  • split from group

I wonder why.
I guess I need to look up pictures of the reward, maybe I would like some of it. The only time I do IEs is when it's a WQ, and only normal, just to get it done.
Let me ask you this OP. What do you suggest as a way to prevent this from happening? Does this suck that it happened and it can keep happening? Yeah! Of course, but what exactly do you think the Devs should do to prevent it with keeping the current vote kick system in place to allow people to remove unwanted players from their groups?
11/14/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Xándria
Let me ask you this OP. What do you suggest as a way to prevent this from happening? Does this suck that it happened and it can keep happening? Yeah! Of course, but what exactly do you think the Devs should do to prevent it with keeping the current vote kick system in place to allow people to remove unwanted players from their groups?

Code in checkmarks - solves it in under an hour of dev time

--in vote kick validation function--
let
require one, some, or something similar to:

checks to see if individual is pulling at least its equivalent weight to group
if ( resourceIndividual >= (resourceGroup / 3)) {
return false;
}

checks to see if player has been in combat for X period without afking
if (playerCombatValidation == true) {
return false;
}

more nuanced, requires additional coding - check to see if player plays with group
analyzes by seeing how many mobs that have been killed are tagged by individual AND group. So if they are doing what the group says, they have a high teamParticipation because common mobs are being killed. If they are solo, teamParticipation is low. Use some threshhold % (i.e. 70) to validate kicks

checks to see what % of the mobs killed
if ( playerTeamParticipation > (TeamParticipation * 0.70) ) {
return false;}
}

i like this one because its the safest. If the player is always with the group, tagging the same mobs they cannot be kicked. Easy way to prevent leachers is to merge the first function to check resource participation (use a much lower value i.e. 1/6 instead of 1/3 to account for skill level discrepencies) with tis function.
I've been in a few, mostly when the WQ pops up. Go in, follow the others around cuz I have no idea what's going on in there. I let them go ahead and open boxes and smash ore things and just try to kill whatever they're attacking.

I should read a guide. Or go ask what to do somewhere.

I did get one pet once...and azerite. Sorry, not relevant to this thread except I didn't get kicked even being clueless. Did get yelled at for low dps and no heals (as if I can) but didn't note the guy's name to ignore so too bad if I'm in his group again. We won though. =P
This is how to most optimally farm IE items. Due to how rare they are, and that players are rapidly catching on to the fact kicking the 3rd before the event ends means the loot is split 2 ways instead of 3... you see where I'm going with this.

However, this will never be taken seriously. Just look at all of the skepticism shown in the posts above. Anytime anyone is kicked, it is assumed that the kicked person is in the wrong. So these 'farm groups' will persist and over the course of BFA multiply.

My advice is to skip IE's altogether. If you need azerite, do your emissaries. They're just as time efficient if you focus AP WQ then the 1k+500AP bonus from the emissary.
11/14/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Ether
Just got kicked from a NORMAL expedition by a two man premade while leveling my alt. I'm literally a world class player TRIPLING their lvl 120dps as a lv 113 on my frost mage.

Yeah. I'm so sure they were totally impressed. You must have made them feel their scrub nature so deeply, they had to remove you to protect their delicate self confidence. From what you've said so far, I would have too.

It might be news to you, but if your group doesn't want you- they can kick you. I go along with my groups, and I taught my daughter to do so as well. Neither of us has ever been kicked while we were connected. Ever.

How's that for "world class"?

: )
Just got kicked from a NORMAL expedition by a two man premade while leveling my alt. I'm literally a world class player TRIPLING their lvl 120dps as a lv 113 on my frost mage. They were killing stupid normal mobs and who knows what else so I went for rares with hella elites in big pulls solo killing it all. Spawned the event and did the rares so ALL OF US can get transmogs while maintaining fastest exp/hr.

But get this - right before we win I get kicked. Right in the middle of combat. Didn't say anything other than telling them I'm going to spawn event for transmogs at the start.

So is this intended that 2 man premade can kick the third wheel without any consequence? If so, I know one way to change that....brute force method to make it an issue that needs to be addressed....

Must have been something you said.
More likely they were trying to do quests and kill rares for transmogs.

Which were what you thought... were 'stupid' mobs. Instead of having you end the game faster, by mass pulling, they kicked you!
11/14/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Sybianjoy
More likely they were trying to do quests and kill rares for transmogs.

Which were what you thought... were 'stupid' mobs. Instead of having you end the game faster, by mass pulling, they kicked you!

If you had any reading comprehension (sad really), I stated in my main post that I was killing rares to spawn the event (where all the juicy transmogs are from). In addition, I killed the rares of that event (which is how to get the drop chance). I don't get why everyone on this forums is so....

EDIT: literally the very next sentence after what you are referencing explains what I was doing...……….
>world class
>2/8 Mythic.

You're average at best, and judging by your stellar attitude, you were probably being a massive phallus.

11/14/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Ether
want me to upload the VOD you little lv2 coward?

[/quote]

I'll take a link to your stream for some laughs though.

EDIT: i wasn't being totally fair. You're average at worst, good at best, but not world class.
This isn't a blizzard, or developer problem.

This is a garbage player base problem.

Vote kick option does what it is designed to do, majority vote rules, it cannot detect the players motives behind a kick.

It's implementation is required due to without it, somebody could afk the entire time, and still receive the reward with no consequences, the system is a good solution, while it's not perfect, it's probably close to as good as can be done in a 3 man setting.

Cut your losses, report said players, move on.
11/14/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Ether
11/14/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Hellasha
I suspect we aren't getting the full story, and how is it Blizzard's fault that those two players decided they didn't want you in the group? This seems more like a failure on your part.

want me to upload the VOD you little lv2 coward?

Because of this, I can instantly conclude that you are not a saint and you probably said or done something to offend them, so they kicked you. Considering you got mad enough to post on the forums about it, I would say the randos won.

Also find it funny the "Double DPS of 120s at 113" thing was mentioned, because of a lack of knowledge about how Legendaries from Legion work, or how number scaling works in groups with level discrepancies. Good job. Queue again, don't say anything, work with the group, win. Or make your own world-class premade group.
Just got kicked from a NORMAL expedition by a two man premade while leveling my alt. I'm literally a world class player TRIPLING their lvl 120dps as a lv 113 on my frost mage. They were killing stupid normal mobs and who knows what else so I went for rares with hella elites in big pulls solo killing it all. Spawned the event and did the rares so ALL OF US can get transmogs while maintaining fastest exp/hr.

But get this - right before we win I get kicked. Right in the middle of combat. Didn't say anything other than telling them I'm going to spawn event for transmogs at the start.

So is this intended that 2 man premade can kick the third wheel without any consequence? If so, I know one way to change that....brute force method to make it an issue that needs to be addressed....

EDIT: Since the average person on this forums has a below average IQ and is stuck in the "OP IS ALWAYS WRONG, IM SO SMART" mentality.

Here's the singular reason I was kicked for those who don't get it: LOOT IS SPLIT 2 WAYS INSTEAD OF 3 when you kick the 3rd before it's over. People want loot and don't care about people on the internet that they will never hear from again. This is a problem despite all the drooling naysayers - it was so much of a problem with keystones that they had to make it so everyone gets loot at the end (even if kicked at the start, middle, end, wherever) to stop this evil loot farming kick technique.

Lol @ the need to tell us that you’re a world class player. You’re so cool and edgy.
The best solution would be that you cannot Q with a group of two people.

You Q alone or Q with a full team.

There, problem resolved. I take Blizzard balance as a method of payment. Ty.
Reading the OP's post and making a general assumption as to their personality I can see why they kicked him from their group.

He believes he is Aggramar's gift to man.