So after 8.1, what will the Night Elves have?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
10/09/2018 05:07 AMPosted by Ryzos
10/09/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Tyrandia
Hopefully the story gets tweeked in a more positive light, and hopefully they hurry up and release heritage armour and a really good quest line. I like the armor that the huntress in tomb of sargaras, maybe with a more exposed midriff tho haha.

The general air of the expansion thus far has been that they don't listen to feedback. So I doubt that will happen.

Even if they did, NE forsaken was the last straw for me. I'm done. That said, it amazes me anyone still thinks eventually the NE's and/or Alliance are going to turn the tables.
They've been abandoned by their goddess and their allies. The only thing they have left is vengeance. And I hope they get it. Like skin any Horde found in night elven lands alive kind of vengeance.
They will have exactly what they deserve.
Nothing.
10/09/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Adelphie
They've been abandoned by their goddess and their allies. The only thing they have left is vengeance. And I hope they get it. Like skin any Horde found in night elven lands alive kind of vengeance.

They won't get anything in the end. Sylvanas will have her "Azeroth is FREE" moment and everyone will cheer her name and thank her for saving them all. You all know deep down it is coming.
10/09/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Moonfalls

Even if they did, NE forsaken was the last straw for me. I'm done. That said, it amazes me anyone still thinks eventually the NE's and/or Alliance are going to turn the tables.

Could you imagine if that becomes a playable horde option?

Curious what you'd do instead of what's being done. Like what would make you happy here, or content even.
black eyes
10/09/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Wyspers
10/09/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Moonfalls

Could you imagine if that becomes a playable horde option?

Curious what you'd do instead of what's being done. Like what would make you happy here, or content even.

At this point? Nothing. I'm just waiting on my time to run out. They aren't going to pull the plug on 8.1, its going in and that is just the way it is. It will only get worse from there.

Now, there are a lot of things I would have done differently. Starting with not throwing the lore out the window or hiring only Horde fanbois to write the story and develop the game, but that ship sailed a long time ago too.
10/09/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Yasudra
black eyes

From being bashed around in the lore so much.
oh shut up night elves are obviously getting paladins
How do Alliance have plot armor when we lose constantly?

Yes, Jaina confronted the Horde in Stormwind. Did she win? No, you got away with your captives AND burned the city.

Victory: Horde

Yes, Anduin rezzed a bunch of people at Undercity. Did we get to take it? No, you scorched earth'd the place.

Victory: Horde

You complain and complain about human plot armor but if that was the case, why are we constantly losing?

Seriously, I bet you people think that Tyrande and Malfurion surviving the capital being burned down to the ground counts as Alliance Plot Armor despite the fact you BURNED A CAPITAL TO THE GROUND.
Dead eyes, like their souls.
10/09/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Moonfalls
Starting with not throwing the lore out the window or hiring only Horde fanbois to write the story and develop the game, but that ship sailed a long time ago too.

I didn't think that was the case or it was overstated, or even irrelevant. As time has gone on I'm seeing this now. Especially when I started paying attention to what the devs actually have been saying over time. They're the ones that are creating a faction they don't find compelling. If they don't want to play Alliance why should we? If they don't have people that are really into the Alliance story how could they write or create for those of us who were?

I think the "genocide" was the last straw for me. It was bad enough waiting for ten years for something like Suramar, then having that become a Horde icon. Then reading articles where the devs fawn over the horde endlessly. So it's already obvious they weren't connecting with the fans on the ally side. How could they possibly rework the Night Elves.

With class design where it's at and the "community" being ruined by CRZ, idk what's left except transmog.
Oh, please, night elves are by far the strongest, most resilient race in this universe, if anyone can get up and get over what happened its the night elves.

sure, orcs, and other races might be stronger physically. but the sheer dedication and endurance a night elf has is matched by exactly no one in this universe. they will be fine, they will rebuild, and they will be better than ever.
Holy crap guys come on it was just a joke.
Is it just me, or do the "night warrior" eyes look like Grey Aliens / Sectoids (from X-Com games). They creep me out. I'll do the quest line, but I don't think I'll end up using the new customisations.
I don't want to be a crumbling, crumbling, crumbling castle
10/09/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Dirtytricks
Oh, please, night elves are by far the strongest, most resilient race in this universe, if anyone can get up and get over what happened its the night elves.

sure, orcs, and other races might be stronger physically. but the sheer dedication and endurance a night elf has is matched by exactly no one in this universe. they will be fine, they will rebuild, and they will be better than ever.

That hasn't been represented since after WoW launched with Darnassus and Teldrassil.

10/09/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Splutmuscle
Is it just me, or do the "night warrior" eyes look like Grey Aliens / Sectoids (from X-Com games). They creep me out. I'll do the quest line, but I don't think I'll end up using the new customisations.

Yeah they kinda do lol. I'm glad they made them but I like the silver eyes and would rather see more options than just dark eyes. I know they thought that adding golden eyes to the belfs was a big thing for people, and it was. But they're missing how sorely needed customization is beyond where it's at right now. Golden eyes were a huge hit because people are desperate for updated models and looks.
Hey guys, did I miss the misery circlejer- No, wait still going on.
10/09/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Zulan
Hey guys, did I miss the misery circlejer- No, wait still going on.

Looks like the cookie is ready for you.
10/08/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Krothare
A nice collection of ashes.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765616392?page=1#post-20

When it comes to how Blizzard thinks about and treats the Night Elves, this kind of says it all doesn't it?
ashes to soap?