The Horde is evil. The Alliance is good.

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
10/09/2018 08:18 PMPosted by Berronax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

Reposting.

“Very well. They are coming. Let us see how these Alliance deal with a crack Defiler team…”

“Uh… excuse me…”

“Have courage, my friend!”

“Uh, yeah, I… just noticed something…”

“These Gilneans are all cowards.”

“Have you – have you looked at our banners recently?”

“What? What about it?”

“They’ve got skulls on them. Great toothed skulls. And then back home, our symbol is a cracked banshee’s face, and I mean, we’re called the Defilers.

“I don’t, uh…”

“…are we the baddies?”

“Look, it doesn’t matter. We should be able to hold them at Thoradin’s Wall here – “

“But why skulls, though!”

“Ugh. Maybe they’re the skulls of our enemies?”

“Maybe? But is that how it comes across? It doesn’t say next to it, ‘Yeah, we killed him, but trust us this guy was horrid’. I mean, what do skulls make you think of? Death, cannibals, beheading, the Scourge, um, pirates…”

“Pirates are fun!”

“I didn’t say we weren’t fun, but fun or not, pirates are still the baddies. I just can’t think of anything good about a skull.”

“What about eternal life in death?”

“I’d be a lot happier about that if my skin wasn’t rotting off. And I mean, then there’s the Alliance - ”

“Oh, you haven’t been listening to Alliance propaganda, have you? Of course they’re going to say that we’re the bad guys!”

“But they didn’t get to design our banners, or choose our names! Their symbols are all quite nice: a lion, a moon, a cog…”

“What’s so great about a cog?”

“Well, nothing, really, and if there’s one thing we’ve learned from the past ten years of war it’s that gnome engineering is in dire need of performance testing, but you’ve got to admit, it’s better than a skull, or a banshee mask, or a shrunken head.”

“What about a phoenix? The blood elves’ symbol is really nice.”

“Yeah, and if we weren’t violently blackmailing them and holding their people hostage, I’d feel a lot better about it.”
you guys were really expecting a good story thats funny
WOW! this is absolute dogsh!t....
10/09/2018 07:44 PMPosted by Yrithe
they will win the war somehow

No one will win the war. We'll just forget about it when we have to face the old god big bad. And then in the next expansion it'll be cold war again.
10/09/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Ravensong
Why do people act like the horde being evil is new?
The horde have always been evil. I mean, they were founded by Gul'Dan.

It's like trying to say Neo-Nazsi , or Communists are good. It's not the same group, they have a different leader now right? Totally different ideals now... Well aside from the 'lets kill everyone and take their stuff' And the 'How dare they defend their lands and lives' and the.. well, you see where I'm going.

The horde stand for evil ideals, the Alliance stand for good ideals. That's the difference. It doesn't matter if they fail in upholding those ideals sometimes, it's the main idea of what they stand for that makes the difference. As long as you strive towards the ideal, the mistakes can be learned from, or worked through.

But that only works if your moving in the right direction of your goal.

Just look at the Orc starting zone. One of the early quests are to enforce slavery of your own people. Go hit those lazy peons some more while you tell yourself your the good guys.

Meanwhile, the Alliance equivalent in Elwynn has heroes helping the peasants collect wood so they won't get hurt by the wolves, bears or murlocs.

Slavery Vs Freedom.

The reason so many people are surprised, is that they never bothered to look at the founding ideals of either faction.

Not all ideals are equal, make your choices wisely.

Not quite correct. The Horde only have one ideal. Eternal, loyal servitude to their Warchief.

Whether the Horde acts good or bad depends entirely on the dictates of their Warchief. They have no actual principles or ideals beyond that hero worship. Good Warchief (like Thrall), good Horde that can live in peace. Bad Warchief (like Garrosh), and they are a bad, kill crazy Horde.

Their current Warchief is Arthas with boobs, so they will be bad until they get a new one who has better ideals.

This is why the rotating door of Horde Warchiefs happens. It lets Blizz redefine the Horde to whatever story they want at the moment.
Tyrande doesn't even kill Belmont and he was running night elf death camps. What is even going on.
They're just !@#$ing with us now.

[/quote]

No, the horde was founded by Thrall after coming to Azeroth after the second war.. The alliance referred to the Orc as the horde due to their numbers and fighting style.. There's a difference

And if you think the Horde are Evil? Where have you been with the Alliance who had enslaved free orc's , tortured them killed them for sport.. The alliance are far from being good guys
They make a joke out of Tyrande (and Elune) once again and even turn Jaina into a clown now?

What the f***.
horde "sitting and waiting" is like how people in some countries sit and wait for their politicians to stop being dbags, inb4 horde insurrection
10/10/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Icepellet

[/quote]

No, the horde was founded by Thrall after coming to Azeroth after the second war.. The alliance referred to the Orc as the horde due to their numbers and fighting style.. There's a difference

And if you think the Horde are Evil? Where have you been with the Alliance who had enslaved free orc's , tortured them killed them for sport.. The alliance are far from being good guys
Like I'm not saying what some of the camps did was good but you understand the reason why the orcs were put there and what plan B was right?
Imagine screwing up the faction war story so bad you have to constantly lie to your playerbase.

"You'll be debating Teldrassil for a long time to come!"
"Both horde and alliance should be worried about becoming evil"
"Wait and See!"
"This isn't a retread of Mists!"

This absolutely awful faction war and butchering of the horde is literally the only thing keeping me from playing. If they were to admit they screwed up and declare it non canon I would buy the expansion and resub that day.

Give Metzen loads of money to act as a part time consultant because he was apparently the only one to keep this garbage in check.
10/09/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Jacksprat
Jaina stops Anduin from attacking the Zandalari becasue it's mean. wtf, Blizz?

"Beware...beware...
The daughter of the sea
Beware...beware
...of me...
...unless your king just died and you're sad about it :(
"

*facepalm*
[/quote]It doesn't matter if they fail in upholding those ideals sometimes, it's the main idea of what they stand for that makes the difference. As long as you strive towards the ideal, the mistakes can be learned from, or worked through.

But that only works if your moving in the right direction of your goal.[/quote]

This is literally the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen on these forums...

Please tell me you’re trolling.

“It doesn’t matter if you DO evil stuff as long as your ideals are good.”

It’s ironic that you mentioned !@#$s in your post because they were “trying to save Germany”

So by your logic they were the good guys cause their ideals were good? Regardless of their actions?

The path to Hell is paved with good intentions.

You’re a special kind of stupid

It's like trying to say Neo-Nazsi , or Communists are good. It's not the same group, they have a different leader now right? Totally different ideals now... Well aside from the 'lets kill everyone and take their stuff' And the 'How dare they defend their lands and lives' and the.. well, you see where I'm going.

The horde stand for evil ideals, the Alliance stand for good ideals. That's the difference. It doesn't matter if they fail in upholding those ideals sometimes, it's the main idea of what they stand for that makes the difference. As long as you strive towards the ideal, the mistakes can be learned from, or worked through.

Just look at the Orc starting zone. One of the early quests are to enforce slavery of your own people. Go hit those lazy peons some more while you tell yourself your the good guys.

Meanwhile, the Alliance equivalent in Elwynn has heroes helping the peasants collect wood so they won't get hurt by the wolves, bears or murlocs.

Slavery Vs Freedom.

The reason so many people are surprised, is that they never bothered to look at the founding ideals of either faction.

Wow talk about rose colored glasses. Remind me again who was ruled by a dragon and who's prince slaughtered more alliance then horde and who gypped people out of money to fix stuff in S W.
Meanwhile, the Alliance equivalent in Elwynn has heroes helping the peasants collect wood so they won't get hurt by the wolves, bears or murlocs. .

Feels good to help civilians with their tasks, Really gets the pride going in your civilzation as a whole. Boy i can't wait to go help my allies with their menial tasks... filling up moon wells, Healing injured Draenei after their next crash, Attending a gnomish tinker conference, Having a drink with some dwarves, Playing Fetch with some worgen... Why don't the horde like us again?... Who would actually fit in with the alliance on the horde...
10/10/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Kelrexia
10/09/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Jacksprat
Jaina stops Anduin from attacking the Zandalari becasue it's mean. wtf, Blizz?

"Beware...beware...
The daughter of the sea
Beware...beware
...of me...
...unless your king just died and you're sad about it :(
"

*facepalm*

In fairness, if she is in on the plans Anduin/Shaw have with Saurfang then it makes sense. It's an actual strategy now.
10/09/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Kromofvahl
you guys were really expecting a good story thats funny

It might be 'cause we once had a good story... but that was a long time ago

Slavery Vs Freedom.

THe Horded that came over from Draenor\Outland was founded by Gul'dan

The Horde from Azeroth was founded by Thrall (who was born on Azeroth ) , Cairne Bloodhoof and Vol'jin both who are native denizens to Azeroth.

Plus anyone who takes this one side is good one side is evil too seriously needs to take a break from the game.
Jaina a pacifist AGAIN? After saying "I'm listening now, father"? OMGG

This is not just the most incompetent storytelling ever. By now Blizz is just trolling you*, folks. Sad, absurd, but so true.

* I was going to say "us", then I remembered that I'm outta here, blessed be the merciful Heavens, in just a few days. :P