Immersion

Quests
Is this the right forum for this? I was directed to post here for topics pertaining to world quests and the Pathfinder achievements.

1. Intro.
2. PVP.
3. Flying.
4. World quest groups.
5. Conclusion.

1. Intro.
I am here to talk about immersion. The three main ideas are PVP, flying, and World quest grouping. I had not given much thought to immersion, until I was given the opportunity to selectively WPVP, and since WQGF was removed and I was incentivized to find other add-ons to do the job. I categorize them as annoyances. What else annoys me? Running around on foot. I spend 5x the time running as I do doing WQs. Someday soon I hope to never do another WQ again. I already have a large handful of them blacklisted.

My theory is: these things which annoy me, which detract from my gameplay experience, are breaking my immersion. They remove me from my killing stuff and force me to deal with something else.

2. PVP.
I am a resolved PVP-abstainer. I never enjoyed world PVP, even structured PVP like Halaa. I did Wintergrasp about twice. I farmed AB, WSG, and AV for my welfare epics in ~2009, even got exalted with AV, and have barely set foot in them since.

I never understood why I disliked PVP. I have always played PVE servers. I tried War Mode. 10% more rewards was nice, yay. But I can vividly remember every time fighting players of the opposite faction. I am killing birds for whatever quest this is, and now a paladin is killing me because he has 4 levels on me. Over time, it soured the experience for me. My guess: it was breaking my immersion.

I am impressed with the War Mode toggle. PVPers cannot see me and I cannot see them. I wonder what other aspects of the game would benefit from segregating players based on their play preferences.

3. Flying.
I love flying. Mount up, jump above the treeline, fly to the place on the mini-map, duck beneath the treeline, start killing stuff. (Vol'dun is going to be one of my favorite zones when flying hits: no trees! I also liked Broken Shore and most of Stormheim in Legion. You could see for miles.) Being able to buy flying at 90, in MoP, was wonderful. I did feel entitled to it. I just quested through 3.5-4 zones of this fluff, now I finally get to fly above it all and do only the stuff I want to do.

But I can also see the opposite view. Blizzard invested considerable time designing all of these zones with scenery and textures and NPCs, and they desire for me to experience it. They desire for ME to DESIRE to experience it. ---Not just spam dungeons for 5 or 10 levels. (I love dungeons. Nonstop combat. I leveled a bunch of alts, mostly tanks, a few expansions ago, just because the experience was so gripping, and instant queue times.) I see how "Pathfinder" achievements are a good compromise. Both people who hate flying and people who hate lore are only forced to do some of it.

Could we possibly apply the War Mode fix? People who adore flying get to fly, people who are less thrilled with it, but feel forced to do it in order to be competitive, are allowed to remain earth-bound, but receive a 50% increase in quest rewards? Or 40 or 30 or 20%, whatever the flying movement speed advantage works out to be.

4. World quest groups.
You guessed it. Immersion. I believe the addictiveness and ubiquity of the add-on which I should not name was due to one factor: allowing immersion. Yes, that immersion came at the cost of social interaction. Personally, I do not find opening the matchmaker, typing a few words, and joining a group to be interactive. People do not much talk to each other; few of them have anything productive to say. Moreover, they lack motivation to be endearing to strangers for a single group, and many of the people playing the game are not socially-inclined people.

The add-on served to increase immersion. Click the mouse 2-4x, now you have a group. You are all killing Warlord X, and you have been phased to a server where he is likely to be respawned already. Maybe you are all collecting bear butts or breaking naga statues. You are not competing for tags--you need not even to tag each kill. You are all working together. You may not even be speaking to each other, but that is BECAUSE you are all on the same page, with no room for interpretation. That feels pretty immersive to me.
5. Conclusion.
Thanks for reading. I hoped to be brief. My three main points were: PVP, flying, and world quest groups. For some players, PVP is a form of immersion; for others, PVP breaks immersion. The same goes for flying; being able to opt-in or opt-out would benefit everyone, and might replace the current Pathfinder compromise. With world quest groups, I assert: finding groups breaks immersion, and add-ons which assist with it increase immersion. That may not be the case for everyone. It may merit the same treatment as War Mode, or it may be a completely different issue.

I posted this in hopes of being useful to someone at Blizzard. I always enjoy seeing the game improve. (And I am vocal but fair, in my opinion, when it declines instead.) This was not intended as a persuasive essay, but as an expository--to contextualize concepts which currently exist and relate them to each other under the umbrella of a larger concept.

(Hopefully the forum will not eat this post again. Allegedly this forum has a 5000 character cap which does not exist on other fora.)
Devs do not visit the player to player help forums.
General would be the appropriate forum for the to see it.