Mail Transmogs

Hunter
Are lacking. Mail has hands down the worst appearances.

NOTHING looks like something a hunter would use. Even the Legion class set looks like a bad mix of Death Knight/Warlock.

More “hunter-ish” sets please. Like animal fur/bone. Or, just look at all the leather sets and start copying them for hunters. Most rogue gear would work perfect for a hunter. The leather helmet of a bear head from Antonus comes to mind.

Thank you.
Nothing has ever looked 'Hunterish'. If you go for some looks, they are ok. Like the Green Dragonscale stuff. But most stuff looks like a garish ranger at best. But not what one would call a hunter. You can put some things together to look a bit more rangerish, but its hard with the flamboyant look of our gear.
I like my mog
I think I did ok, there's plenty of good looks out there if you're willing to get creative
I mean I am happy they provided me with underboobs.
would be nice if we could mog mail to leather... but then again I cant even mog my bow to look like Thas'dorah because 'reasons', so I don't expect anything fun coming.
Stop by WotLK for a while. great place to start IMO.
It's gotten better, always felt more of a monster hunter (Dragons, Naga, Yangoul, Demons, and Gronn etc) vibe than a woodsman/ranger feeling from the mail armors other than some of the really old chainmail style vanilla armors. (Generally I figure we should have hardened leather with a chainmail undercoat as the 'mail' portion) with some fur/bone outlines.

There are some stand-outs that feel better.

Currently as my mog kinda tells, I really like the Rylak Hunter armor as a close hit to this mark though the chest looks a bit plate-esque still, just replace the turbines with either some additional bone outlines. Honestly add in some plates under the Zuldazar raid leather tier and it's what I'd imagine hunters to look more like. Think updated Beast stalker armor with some chains/animal parts on the shoulders.
I agree we need some more mail mog options, but personally I'm partial to the armored vest and pants with tall boots look. I've got this mog that I'm wearing and a couple others, but don't care for the colors on them.

I'd really like to be able to modify color schemes on mogs at the t-mog vendor, that would be a big positive change.
If it's got a hood, then it works for me, unless you are a male minitor. Then it looks like the cone of shame even more than on a worgen.
Oh c'mon, tier 19 is f*cking great!
As an orc player, I'm fairly happy with the options I've been offered.

On the other hand, mail tends to look like absolute crap on humans.
This current set to me suits an Elf armor set.
I think my mog looks pretty hunterish.

Besides holding a bow, I don't exactly know what a hunter would look like. They can range anything from plate wearing archers to animal tamers in cloth.

I do agree most mail sets look awful.
10/19/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Gundere
Are lacking. Mail has hands down the worst appearances.

NOTHING looks like something a hunter would use. Even the Legion class set looks like a bad mix of Death Knight/Warlock.

More “hunter-ish” sets please. Like animal fur/bone. Or, just look at all the leather sets and start copying them for hunters. Most rogue gear would work perfect for a hunter. The leather helmet of a bear head from Antonus comes to mind.

Thank you.

You're not trying hard enough.
You have to look.

I'm pretty satisfied with the set I'm using. And if I wasn't, there are plenty of websites where people has posted their sets. Look around, get some inspirations, and (if need be) get to farming.

Not every race will look good in every outfit. Male pandaren ruin most of theirs thanks to the gut. Anything with an atypical foot ruins most boot mogs, unless you get the bulky ones. Some helms fail on some races. But half the fun is finding ones that work with you.
Looks are totally subjective. IMO; the look of mail sets went downhill from about T5 onward.

Thank God for transmog is all I can say.
Like 80% of my mog is vanilla mail. I wish they’d update/copy and improve the plain vanilla looks.
Personally I like simple sleek darker looking sets, nowadays Hunter’s armours just too bright and colourful for my taste, make you look more like a Drag Queen.
I'm old enough to remember when Blizzard thought Gianstalker looked like hunter gear...

Hasn't been a cool set since Tier 3 and Beaststalker was probably the best IMHO.

Maybe farm that Darkmoon tickets.... ugh.