Thank You for Deserter Debuff!

Battlegrounds
As a teacher with limited time to play, Deserter makes sure I have time to grade things in between battlegrounds that end up going so badly that 15 minutes of downtime is better spent than 20 or more minutes watching my faction fail. When it takes 6.5-7 days per week to win my one weekly "epic" failure and regular random, this makes sure I can get things done. If I'm lucky, I might even pick up about 100 Conquest points during the week, so by the time the next expansion comes out, I'll have 3/4 of the PVP transmog set.

Keep it classy, Alliance.
Maybe if you and others quit bailing on your groups alliance win rates would go up.

Pro tip for everyone struggling with random: don't be a toxic player. Work together with your team and keep a level head and you'll win more games. Failure is a mental state, if you go into your games expecting to fail you undoubtedly will.
Have your class write an essay on how the Alliance can improve, That will be a hard one - Tell them they must research WoW and PvP
I'm sure their parents would love that.
I hope you're not teaching the same "give up when life is too hard" message to your kids.
Today was the first day I've played this week. I've capped my conquest already and the only rated activity I've done was a single RBG for the 100 points.

Not sure why there is so much crying about Alliance losing, I seem to do just fine. Except in AV.
I hope they give dude a raise. That is a hard job with little appreciation and not enough pay.
10/21/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Afks
I hope they give dude a raise. That is a hard job with little appreciation and not enough pay.

You mean playing alliance?
I sure hope you're not a math teacher.
This is why homeschooling is becoming more popular.
10/21/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Scrubstomper
don't be a toxic player

Name checks out.
10/21/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Llamabacon
I hope you're not teaching the same "give up when life is too hard" message to your kids.

This ^
I sure as hell hope you're not teaching my kids with your, "If it gets to hard it's just easier to quit than it is to see it through to the end" crap attitude. How pathetic coming from a supposed educator.
One day those kids are going to find themselves playing a video game that they don't enjoy, and they're going to stop and do something else. Horrifying!
10/21/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Decided
10/21/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Llamabacon

This ^
I sure as hell hope you're not teaching my kids with your, "If it gets to hard it's just easier to quit than it is to see it through to the end" crap attitude. How pathetic coming from a supposed educator.

?? Where was this posted that OP was doing this, or someone else in the thread, you seem confused
It's a simple economics formula. My time and patience are scarce. I weigh the costs and benefits. I've played enough of the various battlegrounds since vanilla to have a pretty good idea when one is going to take longer than 15 minutes to complete - especially if it is headed for a loss. I could either spend more time than that losing, with all of the frustration that comes with it, or I could do something more productive and try again later.

I'd love to roll with some friends on a regular basis, in a more organized format, and try to climb the ladder, but one gets older and gains adult responsibilities.

Am I contributing to the problem? Probably. Could I try really really really hard to try and herd cats, to salvage my flailing teammates? I suppose, but in the words of Roger Mutaugh, "I'm too old for this $#17." So I grade. And spin the roulette wheel when my debuff wears off. And eventually, the rules of probability swing in my favor.

I doubt I'm the only one.
There is no reason to stay in a BG with a team of doofs who aren't playing objectives unless it'll take fewer than 15 minutes more of your time.

Someone, try to make a reasoned argument against that. :P
to win, you have to roll a horde toon. My win percentage as of right now is currently 24% and my horde toon is at 68%

weird right
10/21/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Lawliss
to win, you have to roll a horde toon.

I have more wins than losses on this toon
On my horde I queue horde

On my alliance I queue horde

I win alot.