Holika is already at work and doing a good job

General Discussion
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769647823?page=1
https://www.wowhead.com/news=288094/upcoming-shadow-priest-changes-in-8-1

The first round of Spriest changes, and they are already looking incredibly good and fix a lot of problems.

I'm interested to see how he'll fix all the other classes, but it looks like he knows what hes doing and hes working fast.
People have been hating on him because of his previous endeavours, i am hoping he learnt from his previous endeavours and will take on the current situation with a new attitude and all the experience he has.
Are you sure this is Holinka doing it, or is it the planned 8.1 fixes they mentioned before the expansion even hit?
Those changes were almost certainly in place before him moving back. Let's see what happens when 8.1.5 comes out.
You think you want the devs to address shadow priests' concerns, but you really don't.

Ashran came of his doing because of his obsession with his role as PvP Developer.

Since he now has the role of Combat Developer who knows what sort of Zones will come of his presence. I expect WoW to have strong focus on Player Combat in both PvE and PvP!

It's fortunate that that he is not PvP Developer anymore since we've had it with the Faction War! Of course I expect the Fetch Quests and Exploration Quests to be snubbed in favor of Kill This Enemy Quests due to Ion being Combat Developer and we know Game Developers overrule Quest Writers!
Uuuuuhhhhh, no. Those changes were already scheduled before his return. You likely won't see any of his changes, if any, for a few weeks at earliest.

Do people just assume that the devs can snap and things happen? You can't just instantly make things happen in a game this size. It takes days, if not weeks, for fixes to problems to get implemented. It's as stupid as people claiming the ship deal was a response to people leaving the game. They literally had that !@#$ scheduled before launch. Why? Because every single expansion had a similar pattern of people leaving a month or two into the new expansion (some higher than others, but still present) so it's the best time to release that kind of a deal.
10/23/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Espur
Are you sure this is Holinka doing it, or is it the planned 8.1 fixes they mentioned before the expansion even hit?

The amount of time for development means these changes were likely already considered if not decided before Holinka's return
"Make Voidform matter more, make staying in Voidform longer matter more, and give the player more agency over extending its duration"

The best part of what I read in the priest update was this statement about giving players more agency. Pruning abilities, automatic passive abilities, and no pvp vendors are limiting player agency. So what if everyone cookie cutters or we don't buy the right piece of pvp gear in the correct order. Just let us play and make our mistakes. Having the illusion of agency is better than the Ion telling us we aren't smart enough to make in game decisions and he is saving us from ourselves.
10/23/2018 02:08 AMPosted by Yvenathilm
It's fortunate that that he is not PvP Developer anymore since we've had it with the Faction War!

You realize that this statement is incredibly wrong on multiple levels, right?

1. You don't speak for me. I haven't "had it" with the faction war. I like it a lot.
2. The faction war is a narrative angle. It has nothing to do with pvp combat. PvP can take the form of faction conflict in bg's, or with Horde vs. Alliance WPvP. But it has nothing to do with the actual narrative.
10/23/2018 02:19 AMPosted by Delupi
Uuuuuhhhhh, no. Those changes were already scheduled before his return. You likely won't see any of his changes, if any, for a few weeks at earliest.

Do people just assume that the devs can snap and things happen? You can't just instantly make things happen in a game this size. It takes days, if not weeks, for fixes to problems to get implemented. It's as stupid as people claiming the ship deal was a response to people leaving the game. They literally had that !@#$ scheduled before launch. Why? Because every single expansion had a similar pattern of people leaving a month or two into the new expansion (some higher than others, but still present) so it's the best time to release that kind of a deal.

And yet ol' General Discussion here has a handful of loons who think Blizzard snaps their fingers to instantly implement a bonus mount for a 6 month sub, as a panicked reaction to falling sub numbers.

Y'all can't have it both ways.
10/23/2018 01:23 AMPosted by Guldalina

The first round of Spriest changes, and they are already looking incredibly good and fix a lot of problems.

I'm interested to see how he'll fix all the other classes, but it looks like he knows what hes doing and hes working fast.

Uhhh. have you read the replies in that thread?
Me, and a lot of players, really dislike the way they are "fixing" spriests by making voidform more important (PvP AND AoE nerf), keeping SW:D as a talent and introducing a new mandatory talent (for PvP even) for buffing dispersion in the 2nd talent row...

The only really good changes in making void torrent useful out of void form and focused will being class wide.

And, as people said, this is definitely not Holinka's hand at work here.

His influence will only be felt from 8.2 onwards.
10/23/2018 01:23 AMPosted by Guldalina

First - I don't think Holinka is responsible for these changes.

Second - these changes make me glad I rerolled warlock from shadow before BfA launched. They may be a step in the right direction but I do not see how they will fix the core design flaws shadow suffers from currently.

Third - there is no third. The third has always been a lie.
10/23/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Espur

yeah for real.

holinka on the team for 24 hours and reinvents the wheel...

nah man.
10/23/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Tarc
10/23/2018 02:19 AMPosted by Delupi

And yet ol' General Discussion here has a handful of loons who think Blizzard snaps their fingers to instantly implement a bonus mount for a 6 month sub, as a panicked reaction to falling sub numbers.

Y'all can't have it both ways.

Are you serious? Seems pretty obvious Dreadwake was supposed to be the Blizzcon mount, and they had to bail on that plan bc early players getting to 120 were like...what is this azerite mess?
Wait is OP serious or is this bait?

How could he possibly have anything to do with these changes when he just returned, this clearly was worked on well before he came back.
10/23/2018 05:35 AMPosted by Valyissia

How could he possibly have anything to do with these changes when he just returned, this clearly was worked on well before he came back.

Let's not let silly things like logic and common sense get in the way of a good ol' white knight rallying cry.
These are all just number fixes. While it will help (Shadow can really only go up at this point), the spec's problems run far deeper then something numbers can fix.
I would imagine that those changes were worked out long before holinka came back.
10/23/2018 05:49 AMPosted by Vandren
10/23/2018 05:35 AMPosted by Valyissia

Let's not let silly things like logic and common sense get in the way of a good ol' white knight rallying cry.
You guys will call anything a white knight won’t you? Even something that’s not explicitly defending the game.