Revert To MoP

Warlock
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769578018

If you're not happy with class design, share you're insight and lets make a change. Holinka's back and Blizz are listening.
10/23/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Starsite

If you're not happy with class design, share you're insight and lets make a change. Holinka's back and Blizz are listening.

Yeah, because keeping a singular set of Dots rolling from prepull to 0% was great gameplay. oh and dropping it at all meant you were dog!@#$. Yeah, MoP was sooooo much better than this! /s
10/23/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Reckoner

Yeah, because keeping a singular set of Dots rolling from prepull to 0% was great gameplay. oh and dropping it at all meant you were dog!@#$. Yeah, MoP was sooooo much better than this! /s
How is that any different from now?

There was more nuance to the specs in MoP. They flowed better and were more engaging/satisfying to play.

I would love to go back to MoP design or at the least mop philosophies of talent trees enhance already existing talents.

I want META back.
Remember how WoD didn't make any changes to Affliction except removing DoT snapshotting and no one played it because they realized it was horribly designed and only popular because of a gimmick?

Even if they reverted it back to MoP, they will not give us back snapshotting. That is gone forever.

Revert Aff to its true glory days, Cataclysm, or even Wrath. Not MoP.
yall need some reality check.

Snapshotting is gone.
Meta form is gone.
Your ex is gone.
Your dog is dead.

Like, move on. We are in 2018. we are NOT going back to an inferior version of the warlock class.
Didn't the MoP lock designer get let go? Or am I thinking of something else? lol
While not every class or spec is perfect right now, I think the philosophy and changes that began in Legion have improved the game overall. And I love the current iteration of Demonologist, going back to MoP would be a huge disappointment for me.
10/24/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Sylvianne
Didn't the MoP lock designer get let go? Or am I thinking of something else? lol

That is correct, though he wasn't fired for the class design. He was fired for generally being a poor asset to the team, as good at class design as he was, he was a huge !@#, I heard.
10/23/2018 11:23 PMPosted by Reckoner
Like, move on. We are in 2018. we are NOT going back to an inferior version of the warlock class.

inferior version

lmao imagine being this guy
10/24/2018 05:49 AMPosted by Haunter
10/24/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Sylvianne

That is correct, though he wasn't fired for the class design. He was fired for generally being a poor asset to the team, as good at class design as he was, he was a huge !@#, I heard.

Rip. Lol can someone go get his ideas back though?! xD
10/24/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Haunter

inferior version

lmao imagine being this guy

because you can't compare current design to pre-cata ones (completely different game at the time), in my OPINION, here's how things go:

Legion>BFA>MoP>WoD for general class/spec design.

Yes, I enjoy having the option to do anything at all on my class. It can be bursting prio targets, multi-dotting, aoe'ing, single target long-term, burst cleave here and there, i have options on my class without needing to keep an arcane mage or a boomie up-to-date to switch to every couple fights.

Yes, my opinion is based solely on raiding/M+ and doesn't account for various iterations of warlock throughout the years. I honestly thought S02-legion was best in recent memory, but I could be wrong.

Thinking that MoP being a superior design is an opinion we all share by default shows how much you think outside your own little bubble. Lots of things with the MoP warlock were broken and got fixed in recent years. Yes I too miss soulswap from a practical PoV, but it added yet another !@#$ty mechanic that devs had to balance fights around and it did not allow for varying playstyles or any thinking at all.
10/24/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Reckoner
Yes I too miss soulswap from a practical PoV, but it added yet another !@#$ty mechanic that devs had to balance fights around and it did not allow for varying playstyles or any thinking at all.

ya but like...deathbolt tho. literally same argument. Like I'll give you that had snapshotting not been around, aff would have been boring. WoD pretty much proved that, as aff was terrible. In legion though it wasn't much better, and in BfA aff is the best it's been in a long time in my opinion, EVEN WITHOUT the ability to change many of our talents without taking dps hits.

also, they didn't balance any encounters around soul swap, fallen protectors is a perfect example of that lmfao

10/24/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Reckoner
Yes, I enjoy having the option to do anything at all on my class. It can be bursting prio targets, multi-dotting, aoe'ing, single target long-term, burst cleave here and there, i have options on my class without needing to keep an arcane mage or a boomie up-to-date to switch to every couple fights.

Did you play a warlock in MoP? because you're literally describing warlocks in MoP and I can't tell if this is intentional or not because you're apparently trying to dump on it in comparison to legion

like one of the reasons warlocks got changed from mop is that they could do literally anything extremely well and that wasn't something that was considered healthy for the game. we had options REMOVED in order to bring us in line because we were too strong, but the playstyle and options we had were fantastic. I can't understand someone trying to argue that warlocks didn't have options in mop because it's just factually false lol
I did actually. I was raiding on two different warlocks at the time. Saying BFA warlock has all these options doesn't invalidate MoP having just as many options. I guess what I really like is the faster playstyle of BFA warlock / how well we can do on any single fight. MoP pvp warlock was probably in a better spot tho.
10/24/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Reckoner
I guess what I really like is the faster playstyle of BFA warlock / how well we can do on any single fight.

there were like, single digit numbers of raid bosses in MoP where warlocks weren't in the top 3 for performance. We aren't in a bad spot now though, I'm just trying to point out that calling MoP an inferior iteration of the class is really silly to do lol

warlocks literally dominated mists, in part because of our tuning, but primarily because of how ridiculously good the toolkit destro and demo had.

Aff just scaled like a monster, that doesn't really count and i'll concede that, and a lot of the playstyle being faster is due to the fact that there's not a cap on how quick the gcd can be anymore.
DEMO NEEDS METAMORPHOSIS BACK!!
10/24/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Pepino
DEMO NEEDS METAMORPHOSIS BACK!!

No, just chaos wave, a pit lord, more demons to choose from and doom baseline.... just not in its current form.
Roll us back to WoD SB:Haunt Afflic and Legion Destro.

Demo is great as is, leave it alone.
There are a lot of things I would like either added or returned but the most important thing of all is giving my Wrathguard back his second weapon. I don't know why Blizzard stole it but that iss not okay.

Also, is it my imagination or does Prince Malchezaar no longer show up when you have Inner Demons as a talent?

10/24/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Raathe
Demo is great as is, leave it alone.

Hell no it's not. It's sluggish, has too many hard casts and we're still too focused on summoning imps. We deserve Pit Lords and more at this point.