Revert To MoP

Warlock
10/23/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Starsite
Blizz are listening.

lol no
10/24/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Graewyn
Hell no it's not. It's sluggish, has too many hard casts and we're still too focused on summoning imps. We deserve Pit Lords and more at this point.

What are you t a l k i n g about bro, our demonic tyrant is rad. I wish his spell casts were flashier, but its definitely better than some puppy sized Pit Lord waddling around.
the most important thing of all is giving my Wrathguard back his second weapon. I don't know why Blizzard stole it but that iss not okay.
I've been sending in a bug report about this every single time I log into my lock since 8.0 went live. I can't believe Blizzard still hasn't even mentioned it. Like just add it to the known issues list for pete's sake!
10/27/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Eredan
the most important thing of all is giving my Wrathguard back his second weapon. I don't know why Blizzard stole it but that iss not okay.
I've been sending in a bug report about this every single time I log into my lock since 8.0 went live. I can't believe Blizzard still hasn't even mentioned it. Like just add it to the known issues list for pete's sake!

screenshot
10/24/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Reckoner
10/24/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Haunter

lmao imagine being this guy

because you can't compare current design to pre-cata ones (completely different game at the time), in my OPINION, here's how things go:

Legion>BFA>MoP>WoD for general class/spec design.

Yes, I enjoy having the option to do anything at all on my class. It can be bursting prio targets, multi-dotting, aoe'ing, single target long-term, burst cleave here and there, i have options on my class without needing to keep an arcane mage or a boomie up-to-date to switch to every couple fights.

Yes, my opinion is based solely on raiding/M+ and doesn't account for various iterations of warlock throughout the years. I honestly thought S02-legion was best in recent memory, but I could be wrong.

Thinking that MoP being a superior design is an opinion we all share by default shows how much you think outside your own little bubble. Lots of things with the MoP warlock were broken and got fixed in recent years. Yes I too miss soulswap from a practical PoV, but it added yet another !@#$ty mechanic that devs had to balance fights around and it did not allow for varying playstyles or any thinking at all.

If I may, WOD in itself had the same warlock spec design as legion. What makes WOD warlock unique is the T17 4 piece. It completely changed the way you played demonology and destruction. To the point where you literally had the most unique. Fun. Enjoyable class in the game. But without that 4 piece it was just mop.

Demonic fury was perfect for demonology for meta. Once you got 4p you could stop using boring demonbolt and start destroying your targets with gel and demonic energy. Or AOE the HELL out of mobs. Focus fire LOADS of damage into the target. 3 hand of fuk dans/chaos wave added to the gameplay. Changing the way you play the spec. Rolling doom AND Hand the whole fight? Yes plz.

As for destruction. Charred remains was fun. Chaos bolt is supposed to be all the damage. I personally prefer the fast paced destro play style. Less boring more smashing. Charred remains let you quickly build embers and dump chaos bolts into a target. Which became viable with the t17 4p.
Don’t forget how awesome it was if fire and brimstone. Multi strikes. Omg millions of chaos bolts on darmac.

Everything in wod and even mop comes down to the gear that made the class fun. If t17 never existed. We’d be sitting playing demonbolt. Or slow and steady destruction that has no burst.

They should have transferred the idea of t17 into the warlock class for us to play permanently along with other changes. They should NOT have touched demonology AT ALL. It wasn’t broken. But they keep breaking it. Bring it back to wod blizzard. Add the t17 4p and I promise warlocks will be happy. If you don’t agree with me you clearly didn’t raid or pvp with the 4p. For either specs.
Demo's rotation is near perfect right now. While I don't love the imps, it's fun, it will (in 8.1) have a higher floor, and the ceiling will be much, much higher in line with the nuance the spec requires in CD monitoring, hardcasting, resource monitoring, and usage of Core procs, and demonic calling procs when you have to move. Which is fine. Demo has been the spell weaver lock spec since Wrath. My only criticisms are that the spec is too glued to the felguard and can't provide the utility comparable to a BM hunter, Sacrificed Souls should be baseline (and probably should scale off mastery at 50% of the power that the mastery buffs pet damage,) and a few other talent changes regarding buffs to Bilescourge bombers, a CD reduction to Dreadstalkers also tied to dreadlash, a buff to Power Siphon by giving it 2 charges, Doom scaling off haste again and providing a doomguard chance per tick, and something interesting to replace Sacrificed Souls if it were to become baseline, like perhaps something that makes Hand of Gul'dan instant cast.

I honestly have found destruction horrid since MoP because it simply hasn't changed much and has far too much damage tied to CB and Havoc and I think Channel Demonfire absolutely destroys any smoothness the rotation ever had (even if it's not ideal for single target right now.)

As for Affliction, it feels alot like Legion, just with a lot of the damage shifted to Deathbolt, but still very much extremely intuitive and it has BY FAR the most flexibility in pet choice. Rep is still the highest, it will remain the highest, and it's ole reliable at this point.

Personally, I hope Demo's buffs in 8.1 will make it our highest spec by a mile simply because rotationally it's miles more fun to me, particularly in AoE situations.
10/28/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Gwenevier
If I may, WOD in itself had the same warlock spec design as legion. What makes WOD warlock unique is the T17 4 piece. It completely changed the way you played demonology and destruction. To the point where you literally had the most unique. Fun. Enjoyable class in the game. But without that 4 piece it was just mop.

No...wod followed in the design footsteps of MoP while removing a few things to bring us in line and not make us overpowered.

Legion was an entire class overhaul. No spec in legion is close to similar to wod or mop
I don't care what demo locks used to be, honestly. I love demo as it is now, and is currently the only spec of any class I enjoy playing anymore. I only have one 120 and it is this warlock, and I couldn't care less about Affliction or Destruction.